*** Official January 2024 Thread ***

Hi Everyone! I'm back! Still trying to ground back into reality.
For the person who asked about the Canadian tickets, we did have to visit guest services and show our passports to verify on the first day, but it was quick and easy (we did it at International Gateway at Epcot).

I'll write up a full trip review when I have more time and will link in this thread when it's done.

What a fun trip we had! We arrived home from our 9 night stay at AKL Jambo two days ago. We stayed in room 5306 on the Sunset Savanna. If anyone staying there wants an incredible animal view, this room is it. Large variety of animals and the close proximity to a watering hole and feeding stations meant we had frequent animal sightings at all hours. Best view we've ever had. We usually stay on the Arusha, but this was better. The room itself needs a little TLC - a towel rack needs tightening, the shower handle was loose, and the Mickey door plate fell off on our first day. However, the view made up for all of that.

We did two After Hours events and loved them. Would do again. The MK one was the most worth it, I think. We rode pretty much every ride we wanted to ride that night which meant we could take it much easier on our two regular MK days. We rode SDMT 3 times in a row, all walk on, and had Enchantment fireworks going off overhead. It really was magical! I think the HS one would have been more valuable had RNRC been running. But, having Rise as a walk on was pretty amazing. Slinky was a 20 minute wait. Not too bad. MMRR is my daughter's favorite ride, and we were able to ride that one 5x that night.

We saw Luminous, HEA, and Fantasmic and loved them all. We did the garden view dessert party for HEA, and I am so glad we did. The HUB was at capacity, and CMs were directing people to view the show from other lands.

I think our most favorite experience from the trip was our Up Close with Rhinos tour at AK. This was money and time well-spent for us. It's the only time I've ever felt like I received a bargain for my money at WDW. Highly recommend and something we will try to do again. There is only one tour a day, and I think it's capped at 14 people. Emma was our guide and Bryce was our keeper (he's featured in the AK documentary on Disney+). They were both wonderful. Kindi was our Rhino, and she is a dream. What a sweet girl.

Check out day was a sad one after such a fantastic trip, but as our driver to the airport said, "you have to leave to come back", so I'll hold on to that. Hope everyone else here had wonderful trips, too!

I think our most favorite experience from the trip was our Up Close with Rhinos tour at AK. This was money and time well-spent for us. It's the only time I've ever felt like I received a bargain for my money at WDW. Highly recommend and something we will try to do again. There is only one tour a day, and I think it's capped at 14 people. Emma was our guide and Bryce was our keeper (he's featured in the AK documentary on Disney+). They were both wonderful. Kindi was our Rhino, and she is a dream. What a sweet girl.
My family did the elephant tour and absolutely loved it. One of the highlights from our trip. We saw several elephants and even got the tiniest peek at baby Corra. Highly recommend. Would love to try and do the rhino tour next time.

My family did the elephant tour and absolutely loved it. One of the highlights from our trip. We saw several elephants and even got the tiniest peek at baby Corra. Highly recommend. Would love to try and do the rhino tour next time.
We got to see little Corra with her mom while we were on our way to the rhinos. She's so precious!!! Glad to hear the elephant tour is worth it, too. That's on our list for another trip.

Hi Everyone! I'm back! Still trying to ground back into reality.
For the person who asked about the Canadian tickets, we did have to visit guest services and show our passports to verify on the first day, but it was quick and easy (we did it at International Gateway at Epcot).

I'll write up a full trip review when I have more time and will link in this thread when it's done.
Hi! Did you end up staying at Drury Plaza? Curious how the early entry process went. Did you manage to link it on the Disney app or present some form of hotel ID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter