OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! (Part 2) It's here!!

Hello July 09 Dis friends!! I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2011!!! I miss this group so much even though I talk to most everyone on facebook...except those who still refuse to join, Nikki. :laughing: Our next trip is booked for June 25 thru July 2. I know Taryn will be arriving the day we leave and we've planned to meet. Stephanie is still working on her dates. Emma, I think our dates may cross again while you're on your Disneymoon!

Lois, like I told you the other day...that grandson of yours is sooo lucky to have you and Janet! You're doing a great thing!

:( That's why we have to keep this thread going!

Grr, where were all you guys last summer in the beginning of July? It was just Wendy and me! My next trip is planned for a long weekend, end of September. Just 4 nights 9/28-10/2. :thumbsup2

Wendy, I hope your schedule works out so that our dates cross. I did find a June 2011 thread and posted. Emma has posted on there a couple of times so I'm sure she will understand what I'm about to say. It just seems so impersonal....more like they just make statements and don't talk to each other. Do people not take the time to get to know each other anymore, or were we just the coolest group of people anyone could have the honor of meeting?!! :confused: ;)
Nikki, another reason we MUST keep this thread going! :goodvibes

Wendy, I hope your schedule works out so that our dates cross. I did find a June 2011 thread and posted. Emma has posted on there a couple of times so I'm sure she will understand what I'm about to say. It just seems so impersonal....more like they just make statements and don't talk to each other. Do people not take the time to get to know each other anymore, or were we just the coolest group of people anyone could have the honor of meeting?!! :confused: ;)

We are just about the coolest group ever!!!:banana: I did meet some people on the November 2010 thread, in fact, one lady, we just discovered that we lived a few blocks away from each other and I went over to her house today to meet. But we really are just uniquely wonderful people!!:rotfl:

Ooh .. seeing this thread in my email puts a smile on my face!! Happy Christmas and Jolly New Years Lois and everyone!!!
:cloud9:

Happy Holidays everyone!I'm the same Mindy, love seeing posts from this thread pop up in my inbox! :goodvibesJust back from WDW! :santa: It was so festive and wonderful, if not a little cold.. record lows for Orlando, brrr! :confused: hehe.Emma princess: x
Merry Christmas EMMA!!!!! I couldn't believe how cold it was down there a few weeks ago!!! Sorry you had to be in that, but glad you got to be there for the holidays!

Hey everyone!!!!! Anyone planning Disney trips for 2011?? My DBIL and DSIL were just over today to book our trip! Going end of Sept for just a long weekend. Food and wine and MNSSHP! They booked free dining, we only booked our flights...waiting for other deals to come out.
Nothing at WDW is "just". (Just a long weekend). That sounds like so much fun!!! I want to get there for that sometime! Hope you are doing okay!!!!

Happy Holidays to everyone!!! Thank you Lois for starting us up again - I too get excited when I see the July 09 Board come up!
I believe we will be in Disney this summer, not sure when we are going - either the end of June or July.
We'll be there for the 4th! Merry Christmas to you!!!!!!!! I could almost jump out of my skin with excitement when I saw posts. :laughing:

You are very welcomed. I still love this thread and all of her posters. My grandson is living with us now so it maybe serveral years before I get back to the east or west coast for that matter. He is howevewr the neatest 17 year old I have evewr known. He will graduate in May of 2012. Then to decide what college he will attend. Very Smart kid.
I am so proud of you and Janet for opening your home to him! I hope he is thriving with you, as I am sure he is! I love seeing posts from you on my FB!!!:hug: AK will ask every now and then "what were the names of the family we Wishes cruised with and saw at Kali? They were sweet." So you'll always be remembered by her, too! You've been a great friend for the last year and a half, and your grandson (I want to say Alex for some reason) is a very lucky young man to have you in his life!

I love this thread too! This was the best Dis group ever. Even though I keep up with some of the people on Facebook - I really love it when this board gets going. That is so nice that you have your grandson with you! My DD is 17 and a junior also - it is an exciting time for them.
Brad is forever asking me "Is X is July person? I don't know them" when he sees a comment, etc. to something I have posted. :laughing:

Hi strangers!We got back on Thursday from a couple days at WDW and the DIS Unplugged Podcast Cruise! It was awesome!I think I might take a solo trip out to WDW in May for D23's Destination D event. I upgraged my DL AP to the Premier AP and it's burning a hole in my pocket. :)
I loved all your updates on FB from your trip. I watched a you tube commercial yesterday for WDW that was called "I'm too excited to sleep" and thought of you!" Hope you all have a great Christmas!

Hello July 09 Dis friends!! I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful 2011!!! I miss this group so much even though I talk to most everyone on facebook...except those who still refuse to join, Nikki. :laughing: Our next trip is booked for June 25 thru July 2. I know Taryn will be arriving the day we leave and we've planned to meet. Stephanie is still working on her dates. Emma, I think our dates may cross again while you're on your Disneymoon!
I soooo hope we can work that out! It would be a highlight of my trip!!

Jeana - we are still working on our plans too - and the end of July/early June is a possibility. We are juggling with Ashley's senior pictures, band camp and some of the volunteer activities that the kids do in the summer with church and girl scouts. I think we are going to do a few days at Universal/Sea World and the rest of the time at Disney. Is anyone on a June or July 11 Board yet? Nothing will ever be the same as this group though!
I got in on the July board, but it just didn't have the same feel. We're just magical! It would be awesome if you are there at the same time. We're planning :rolleyes1 a much lower key trip this year since it will be the week of the 4th. Back at BLt. :cloud9: We love our new home, and the kids want more pool time. HELLO - YOUR GRANDPARENTS HAVE A POOL, YOU CAN SWIM AT HOME, but not with the cool slide! But, that was part of the bargain I made w/ Dh when we bought DVC - I get a trip every year, he gets to rest more on those trips. So, mornings in parks, afternoons at BLT, and a few night EMHs are on tap. We absolutely LOVED walking to MK in the mornings, still our favorite park!

:( That's why we have to keep this thread going! Grr, where were all you guys last summer in the beginning of July? It was just Wendy and me!
Your TR is what made me decide to bit the bullet and go for the 4th. Of course, we'll probably have record high crowds, but it will be an experience!

Do people not take the time to get to know each other anymore, or were we just the coolest group of people anyone could have the honor of meeting?!! :confused: ;)
We're the coolest!:dance3:

We are just about the coolest group ever!!!:banana: I did meet some people on the November 2010 thread, in fact, one lady, we just discovered that we lived a few blocks away from each other and I went over to her house today to meet. But we really are just uniquely wonderful people!!:rotfl:
Yes ma'am!

We are planning a trip for July 2-9 as I mentioned. Can't wait. We're also headed to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort next Thursday for NYE for a long weekend. I cannot wait! It's a great place, campfires, rec teams that do fun stuff, very LOW COST, and just lots of fun!

Guys, this thread being on my subscribed list totally brightened my day. You guys were there for me every step of the way during the worst/best time of my life. Planning my girls' first trip, and losing Daddy, and I am so blessed to call you friends. Mom was in a reflective mood last night, and for the first time in 15 months wanted to talk about Daddy's time in the hospital and last days. It was a very hard conversation that still has me reeling, but in the midst of reliving all that, I was remembering the support I received from you guys on FB during that time, sitting in the waiting room at the hospital, I remember your support more than that of many of my "IRL" friends. I thank you again, and you will each hold a special place in my heart because of that, and all the fun we had along the way.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH MINDY (or as Brad calls you "that Dis lady that goes for Chinese on Christmas Day", I think you are a legend to him for living out the FA RA RA RA part of his dreams!), HAPPY NEW YEAR, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THE BEST GROUP EVA!!!!:grouphug:
Taryn

:cloud9:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH MINDY (or as Brad calls you "that Dis lady that goes for Chinese on Christmas Day", I think you are a legend to him for living out the FA RA RA RA part of his dreams!), HAPPY NEW YEAR, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THE BEST GROUP EVA!!!!:grouphug:
Taryn

I will have to remember to mobile upload pics of us at Yen's to Facebook just for Brad! :santa: Can post to this thread afterwards too. Some said to my daughter that she thought it was just a stereotype of Jews going to Chinese restaurants on Christmas. Nope... and its getting fiercely competitive to get reservations at Cheng's. If you follow me on Facebook you'd see that I waited too long and was out of luck for a party of 12, so we're at Yen's instead. I was like "what is this Disney ADR's?"... :rotfl2:

Happy Holidays

Yup it's been hard to get a thread going like this one! :goodvibes
The December 2010 thread got pretty good.. I kept together the ADR list & another DISer did resorts & dates.. we made it to part 2.. but it's kinda come to an end now - unlike this one which continues nearly 2 years later! :yay:

I will be back June 20th - July 3rd ... AKV (1 night), Disney Dream (5 nights) and GF (7 nights!) .... it's almost ADR time, can't believe it! :cloud9:

Emma princess: x

Yeah, we had a pretty good thread going to July 2010...I did the ADRs, Wendy took care of the resorts. It was mostly her and I trying to make it like this thread, and there were some good people...but there was just something about the July '09 crew!!! Can't be beat!! :grouphug:

I soooo hope we can work that out! It would be a highlight of my trip!!

Taryn

Mine too Taryn!! We will make it happen one way or another! Krista is already asking me if she's going to get to meet the girls. :goodvibes

I will be back June 20th - July 3rd ... AKV (1 night), Disney Dream (5 nights) and GF (7 nights!) .... it's almost ADR time, can't believe it! :cloud9:

I can't believe it either Emma! I phone in my ADR's Monday! :cool1: We will have to set aside a day and time to meet properly this time. You and Steve have put together an amazing Disneymoon combo trip! :cloud9:

After AK keeping us up half the night not sleeping, the dogs woke me up early. So in about 6 hours time I've gone from waiting for them to go to sleep, to waiting for them to wake up, thought I'd pop in with a

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

to all my July 09 dear friends!

Merry Christmas every one! Had a lovely day here, DF got me a Wii and Epic Mickey! I'm not really in to computer games but I think I could be now! ;)
Also celebrating 1 year of being engaged.. 2010 has flown by!
Spending today at DF's parents then tomorrow (Boxing Day here!) at my parents'.

Happy holidays!

Emma princess: xx

Merry Christmas every one! Had a lovely day here, DF got me a Wii and Epic Mickey! I'm not really in to computer games but I think I could be now! ;)
Also celebrating 1 year of being engaged.. 2010 has flown by!
Spending today at DF's parents then tomorrow (Boxing Day here!) at my parents'.

Happy holidays!

Emma princess: xx

Oh Happy Christmas. Tell me, what is Boxing Day? We don't have that here.

My daughter sent me a text that her husband got her the Collector's Edition of Epic Mickey! I bought the regular one for myself a few weeks ago. I didn't know there were other options? Oh, well, I never play video games anymore, so the whole thing will be a new experience. It'll be way different than Farmville on Facebook or Pacman.

Hi Mindy!
Boxing Day is December 26th...it's also St Stephen's Day, and is always a public holiday in the UK.. but if it is on a weekend (like this year) then we get Monday & Tuesday off as holidays too :goodvibes .. I think the 'boxing' name is because it was the traditionally the day the presents were given, in 'boxes' ? :confused3 hehe

DF & I are home now, sorting through all the lovely Christmas presents! (and The Incredibles is being shown on tv! :cutie:)

Hi Mindy!
Boxing Day is December 26th...it's also St Stephen's Day, and is always a public holiday in the UK.. but if it is on a weekend (like this year) then we get Monday & Tuesday off as holidays too :goodvibes .. I think the 'boxing' name is because it was the traditionally the day the presents were given, in 'boxes' ? :confused3 hehe

DF & I are home now, sorting through all the lovely Christmas presents! (and The Incredibles is being shown on tv! :cutie:)

Thanks for the description! I've always wondered what Boxing Day is too! I just got in from shoveling 2 feet (yes, that's 2 feet) of snow...Disney channel is playing Toy Story 2!

Thanks for the description! I've always wondered what Boxing Day is too! I just got in from shoveling 2 feet (yes, that's 2 feet) of snow...Disney channel is playing Toy Story 2!

The snow missed us. We got a few flurries at various times of the day. Nothing stuck. I am glad we don't have 2 feet though, something would be pretty. We've watched Toy Story 1 and 2 today on the Disney Channel.

Hello old friends!! It's been three months since anyone on this thread spoke and I thought it was time to say hello again!

What made me think of you all is that I recently joined TWO Official October 2011 threads...one about two weeks ago, the other probably two months ago. I have yet to be added to the list of who's going on either thread. :sad2:

"Sometimes you wanna go....where everybooody knows your naaaaame!" Seriously! I know we've said it a hundred times, but I still can't get over how close we all got. I felt like a celebrity on my honeymoon trip in July '09, having just randomly run into so many of you who recognized me from this thread. It was so much fun!

Hope everyone is having a great new year! And hope you've all got Disney trips planned!

Hey Nikki! I know exactly how you feel. I've joined the June 2011 thread, the same one Emma is in, but it's just not the same. There seem to be random conversations going on among certain people, but it's nothing like what we had where our whole group just "clicked". :grouphug: Miss everyone but I'm so lucky I still keep day to day contact with certain people through facebook....Mindy, Wendy, Tom, Emma, Julie, Taryn, Stephanie, Lois, Janet, Melissa, Karen, Karla, and Jenny. I'm telling you girl...you really should join! :laughing: My next trip is a little over 3 months out so starting to get excited again! :yay: Hope your enjoying those new bags of yours, I'm extremely jealous. ;)

Hey Nikki! I know exactly how you feel. I've joined the June 2011 thread, the same one Emma is in, but it's just not the same. There seem to be random conversations going on among certain people, but it's nothing like what we had where our whole group just "clicked". :grouphug: Miss everyone but I'm so lucky I still keep day to day contact with certain people through facebook....Mindy, Wendy, Tom, Emma, Julie, Taryn, Karen, Karla, and Jenny. I'm telling you girl...you really should join! :laughing: My next trip is a little over 3 months out so starting to get excited again! :yay: Hope your enjoying those new bags of yours, I'm extremely jealous. ;)

Hey!! We are on that thread also! I didn't realize that you were from July 2009! Good to "see" you again!

Hey!! We are on that thread also! I didn't realize that you were from July 2009! Good to "see" you again!

OMG!! I had no idea you were on there either!! I don't "hang out" on that one like I did this one, not as much fun. :rotfl:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I sure love keeping up with everyone on Facebook and sharing our Disney news and stories. Nikki... you really should join! I know its been said, but that's my 2 cents.

I don't have a trip coming up to Disney planned yet. :scared1: We're going on a Royal Caribbean cruise with the whole Walbesser family between Christmas and New Years of 2011.... but its still not Disney.

My sister is on the Disney Dream right now!!! WITHOUT me!! :eek:

Our AP's are good til October and my TIW card is good until November... so we are very much planning on returning SOME time before then. Just don't know when. I think I may bank our DVC leftover points, unless I can figure out how to get at least 5 nights out of them... and if we do that, we'll stay at the Pop. My other home away from home! DD8 :love: Pop. We might end up going near the end of August if DS19 needs to be driven back to college by us. Unless during the summer he finally gets his license and gets a car. I say gets because I have no idea how it would get paid for? Tuition is expensive enough! :sad2:

My DD22 and her husband (whose returned from Iraq) who is now National Guard reserve have moved in with us til he finds a federal job. DS19 and his girlfriend are arriving FROM Florida on Saturday for their Spring Break... so that's what kids who go to college in Florida do for Spring Break.. they come here! :rotfl2: Its gonna be a full house!

I can't wait to hear and read about your upcoming trips.:woohoo:

Mindy, I had no idea Lily had moved back! How did I miss this? :confused: I bet Heidi is thrilled to have her home again. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter