Official July 2018 Thread!

I'm having a bit of an issue with an ADR and I'm hoping my fellow July travelers can help me out :). We are pretty well set on most of our ADRs, but I'm having trouble with one dinner (AK day). Right now we have dinner at Sanna planned, but I'm not 100% sure thats were I want to go to dinner (I've heard its very good, but there is a good chance we'll try and go there for lunch on our arrival day). We had dinner at Boma last year (and it was very good) but I want to try something different. We're staying at Kidani (yay! another change lol) so any of the AKL restaurants are open, and we have a car so pretty much the entirety of the property is open as well.

The 'narrow' field of choices are:
Tiffins (never been)
Boathouse (been last 2 trips, but really enjoyed it)
California Grill (never been but ADR time is after HEA)
Edison (never been)
Paddlefish (was there in 2013 for lunch when it was Fulton's)
Tusker House (never been)
Boma (last year)
Sanna (never been)

All ADR times for these restaurants after after 6:30 (closer to 7 or 8).

Rest of our ADRs:
Saturday: 'Ohana (dinner)
Sunday (MK): CRT (breakfast), BOG (dinner)
Monday (Epcot): Akershus (breakfast), Cape May (dinner)
Tuesday (AK): Sanna (dinner, this is the ADR I'm thinking about changing)
Wednesday (DHS/Epcot): Cape May (breakfast), Tokyo Dining (dinner)
Thursday (TL): Morimoto Asia (dinner)
Friday (MK): BOG (dinner)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all!

I'm finally doing the happy dance for real because my DH just found out his vacation is approved! Mine was approved in January, but he is new on his job and low seniority, so he had to wait. I honestly thought maybe he wouldn't be able to come, but he can! I just booked my flights, and will be paying my final balance for my cruise next week, and then for Disney shortly after. I haven't been on vacation for so long that I can't stop thinking about it. lol I'm the only one in my house that is this excited. I think my DS doubts that we are going because we've been trying to plan a vacation for years and something always ruined it, and DH doesn't even know what ADRs I made or even where the ship is going lol. I'm doing the dining plan, and these are my ADRs so far, all for dinner: 7/16-CRT, 7/17-Le Cellier, 7/18-Be Our Guest, and 7/19- Cape May Café. I may add a Whispering Canyon for breakfast and pay OOP, since we are staying at Wilderness Lodge.

WhoDatDisney: Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to the heat and crowds too!!! Winter seems to have finally ended in my area, but it is still quite chilly for this time of year. All of my spring flowers that normally would have been bloomed and done by now are just starting to bloom.

I'm sooooo ready for July!!! Have a great trip!!!

I'm finally doing the happy dance for real because my DH just found out his vacation is approved! Mine was approved in January, but he is new on his job and low seniority, so he had to wait. I honestly thought maybe he wouldn't be able to come, but he can! I just booked my flights, and will be paying my final balance for my cruise next week, and then for Disney shortly after. I haven't been on vacation for so long that I can't stop thinking about it. lol I'm the only one in my house that is this excited. I think my DS doubts that we are going because we've been trying to plan a vacation for years and something always ruined it, and DH doesn't even know what ADRs I made or even where the ship is going lol. I'm doing the dining plan, and these are my ADRs so far, all for dinner: 7/16-CRT, 7/17-Le Cellier, 7/18-Be Our Guest, and 7/19- Cape May Café. I may add a Whispering Canyon for breakfast and pay OOP, since we are staying at Wilderness Lodge.
Congratulations! I hope all continues to go well.

On July 10 it is saying there is a special event at MK from 745 till 9. We have a reservation at 8 for bippity boppity beautique I'm concerned we may have trouble getting in. Is this an event that you pay extra to get into? Thanks for all your help

We are at 76 days today! We are also getting ready to make out FP+ reservations. I have slowly been adding some ADRs in as well. We have a big family dinner at CG to see HEA. Then just my boyfriend and I have ADRs at Coral Reef. We are trying to decide on just a few more, like Jiko (it is my favorite). We have the QS Dining Plan, so we don't want to do a sit down every day (makes me feel stuffed haha). I am just getting so excited for FP+! Also getting pretty hype for Toy Story Land. It will be super crowded though...yikes.

WhoDatDisney: Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to the heat and crowds too!!! Winter seems to have finally ended in my area, but it is still quite chilly for this time of year. All of my spring flowers that normally would have been bloomed and done by now are just starting to bloom.

I'm sooooo ready for July!!! Have a great trip!!!
Thx!!!!

I'm having a bit of an issue with an ADR and I'm hoping my fellow July travelers can help me out :). We are pretty well set on most of our ADRs, but I'm having trouble with one dinner (AK day). Right now we have dinner at Sanna planned, but I'm not 100% sure thats were I want to go to dinner (I've heard its very good, but there is a good chance we'll try and go there for lunch on our arrival day). We had dinner at Boma last year (and it was very good) but I want to try something different. We're staying at Kidani (yay! another change lol) so any of the AKL restaurants are open, and we have a car so pretty much the entirety of the property is open as well.

Tiffins (never been)
Edison (never been)
Boma (last year)
Sanna (never been)

Rest of our ADRs:

Looks like you have some great ADRs lined up! I've never been to Sanaa but have only heard great things and am eager to try it during our July trip as well. You can't go wrong with Boma either. Have you considered Jiko? We ate there the last time we were in Disney and it was so good!! I would do either Sanaa, Boma, Jiko or Tiffins since these choices seem to be different from what you already lined up. Have a great trip!!

Tiffins (never been)
Edison (never been)
Boma (last year)
Sanna (never been)

Rest of our ADRs:

I think you have some great choices. We have eaten at Sanaa several times and it is one of our favorites! We love the naan bread service. My husband and I trade in our dessert credits for the bread service and it is totally worth it. We are doing California Grill this trip for the first time too. I have always wanted to book that one and this is the year! Akershus was great at dinner, but I have never done breakfast there. Good luck deciding!

On July 10 it is saying there is a special event at MK from 745 till 9. We have a reservation at 8 for bippity boppity beautique I'm concerned we may have trouble getting in. Is this an event that you pay extra to get into? Thanks for all your help

It’s probably Early Morning Magic which is a booksble event that lets people go on a limited number of fantasy land rides efile the park opens. You should have no problem getting in for your 8am BB AdR, you just can’t get on the rides like the EMM people.

We are at 76 days today! We are also getting ready to make out FP+ reservations. I have slowly been adding some ADRs in as well. We have a big family dinner at CG to see HEA. Then just my boyfriend and I have ADRs at Coral Reef. We are trying to decide on just a few more, like Jiko (it is my favorite). We have the QS Dining Plan, so we don't want to do a sit down every day (makes me feel stuffed haha). I am just getting so excited for FP+! Also getting pretty hype for Toy Story Land. It will be super crowded though...yikes.

I’ve always wanted to do CG & see the fw. I’m waiting for my kids to be a little older & appreciate the food more.

I am so excited for TSL. Every picture I see makes it more real. It looks so cute. I’m wondering how crazy the lines will be. I’ve never been to WDW when a land opens. I usually get to read reports from people who did it & their experience. Not knowing what to really expect is making me nervous but it’s pretty cool to be one of the first in TSL.

My DD and Friends have started their plans... Pic's Attached from Choir Disney Trip

7/22 - Check In All Star Movie
7/23 - Disney Springs - T-Rex - Lunch 12:15 PM
7/24 - Epcot - Beaches & Cream - Afternoon Break - Craving the Kitchen Sink
7/25 - MK - Dining (Open)
7/26 - AK - O'Hana - Dinner 3:45 PM
7/27 - Hollywood - 50's Prime Time - Dinner 7:30 PM
7/28 - MK - Beast Castle - Lunch 11:30 AM

Midori & Madison -------------------------------- Midori, Madison & Lucy

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Tiffins (never been)
Edison (never been)
Boma (last year)
Sanna (never been)

Another vote for Jiko or Tiffins.

Tiffins (never been)
Edison (never been)
Boma (last year)
Sanna (never been)

Rest of our ADRs:

I'm voting Tiffins or Sanaa - they are two of my favorite restaurants on property currently. Our Tiffins experience was wonderful and while it's a bit expensive we loved everything we had.

Yesterday was fastpass day I was able to get everything I wanted including Slinky Dog!
:dogdance:
Yay!!!! How far into your trip were you able to get Slinky Dog? We are doing HS on day 4, just wondering what my chances are.

Good to know! Were you able to get around the time you were going for?

Yes I did. There was a decent amount available. I was going for 11am but there were some earlier times. I'm not sure if it's because it was the 4th and everyone will be in MK that day. Last year we did AK on the 4th, we booked our trip 47 days out and I was still able to get a FOP fp on the 4th for late morning. I'm hoping to get on Aliens if standby isn't 2 hours long but I just watched a video of the Mater junkyard ride in DL that is similar and it won't be the end of the world if we don't get on it.

Yes I did. There was a decent amount available. I was going for 11am but there were some earlier times. I'm not sure if it's because it was the 4th and everyone will be in MK that day. Last year we did AK on the 4th, we booked our trip 47 days out and I was still able to get a FOP fp on the 4th for late morning. I'm hoping to get on Aliens if standby isn't 2 hours long but I just watched a video of the Mater junkyard ride in DL that is similar and it won't be the end of the world if we don't get on it.
That is my plan too. Funny...I watched the same video and thought the same thing about mater junkyard...lol! I really hope the standby lines aren't crazy long. I'll do about 45 min or so for the saucers, but I don't think much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter