Official July 2018 Thread!

Now that FPs are made, here's my updated plans:

- Day 1 - late arrival
- Day 2 - Animal Kingdom - No ADR made. Fastpasses for Kali Rapids, Everest, and FOP
- Day 3 - Magic Kingdom - BOG dinner. Fastpasses for Splash, Peter Pan and 7DMT. Try to stay for Happily Ever After.
- Day 4 - Magic Kingdom - Late breakfast at Crystal Palace. Fastpasses for 7DMT, Splash, and Big Thunder RR.
- Day 5 - Epcot - Pre-park opening Garden Grill. Fastpasses for Space Ship Earth, Mission Space and Test Track.
- Day 6 - Hollywood Studios then Epcot - ADR for Via Napoli dinner. Fastpasses for Tower of Terror (dd & dh), Rock N Roller Coaster (ds & I), Slinky Dog Coaster, and Star Tours. This is the last day of our Annual Pass. :sad:
- Day 7 through Day 9 I have nothing planned. Possibilities are just hanging at the pool, going to one of the water parks, character meal at a resort, or doing something in Disney Springs like Star Wars virtual reality thing or Splittsville.

That is my plan too. Funny...I watched the same video and thought the same thing about mater junkyard...lol! I really hope the standby lines aren't crazy long. I'll do about 45 min or so for the saucers, but I don't think much more.

I think 45 minutes is about what I would do too.

Hello again,

I'm finally a little less busy, and back from DH & I's spring cruise vacation, ready to plan my solo Disney trip! My FP window opens next Monday, so I'll be up first thing in the AM. My priority is slinky dog and Na'Vi River Journey. Hoping to rope drop FOP but won't be sad if I don't get to ride it. My birthday is the first day of my trip, so still holding out hope for a dinner reservation somewhere with a fireworks view. I'm checking daily for a California Grill around fireworks time. I know I can keep my receipt and go back but I'd rather be there at the right time. Fingers crossed!

I got the best pair of ears from an etsy seller today, if I can figure out how to post a pic I'll share...

I'm voting Tiffins or Sanaa - they are two of my favorite restaurants on property currently. Our Tiffins experience was wonderful and while it's a bit expensive we loved everything we had.

:offtopic:.. Don't know if you remember us from the July 2015 WDW thread... I posted, my DD was going to Korea for 3 months and I decided not to attempt a Solo trip for myself.

I just watched some of the videos from the GMA Toy Story coverage. Links are in the TSL thread if anyone wants to see them. I can't wait to see it in person. I'm way more excited than an adult should be about a toy land.

Today is 2 months 2 weeks and 2 days until our vacation!!!!!!!

As I sit in my classroom with a toothache (probably need a root canal) and a torn meniscus, my paraprofessional is absent yet again (too many sick days to count), all I can think of is lying by the Oasis Pool at the Polynesian Resort drinking a fabulous pina colada. I really need to be DONE with this school year.

My room at work has officially hit the 90s today and my poor kiddos are not doing well with the heat. My one consolation is that the warmth just shows me how close it is to July and Disney time!

My room at work has officially hit the 90s today and my poor kiddos are not doing well with the heat. My one consolation is that the warmth just shows me how close it is to July and Disney time!
I hear you! I got a window unit this year in my classroom and I have it on today! Bring on the warm weather! I can't wait to make my FPs next week. I want to get it over with. I am so sick of worrying about the Toy Story rides!!!

I just had a root canal, so I am home today, but yesterday was rough. I teach in a new building with windows that only open a crack because we are supposed to have central A/C. The only problem is that the district is poor and can’t afford to turn the A/C on, so for the past 10 years, they have lied and told us that it’s broken. At least in my old building I could throw open the windows and run the fans. Instead we suffer.

I just had a root canal, so I am home today, but yesterday was rough. I teach in a new building with windows that only open a crack because we are supposed to have central A/C. The only problem is that the district is poor and can’t afford to turn the A/C on, so for the past 10 years, they have lied and told us that it’s broken. At least in my old building I could throw open the windows and run the fans. Instead we suffer.
That is awful!!!! Hopefully you are out of school before it gets too hot!

That is awful!!!! Hopefully you are out of school before it gets too hot!
Nope. 7 & 1/2 weeks to go.

I really love hot weather especially when I am in a pool or at the beach. It’s just so hard to teach when it’s hot and stuffy and have asthma.

Feel better soon! The heat thing is awful. We don't have air in our school and they actually have started to cancel days when the rooms reach above 95. We cancelled 2 days this fall because once the building heated up it was just miserable and no learning could take place. We caught a lot of flack from some people for closing but generally the parents supported the decision.

Feel better soon! The heat thing is awful. We don't have air in our school and they actually have started to cancel days when the rooms reach above 95. We cancelled 2 days this fall because once the building heated up it was just miserable and no learning could take place. We caught a lot of flack from some people for closing but generally the parents supported the decision.
We had a boatload of snow days, so they will probably have early dismissals on those days. Right now our last week of school is all early dismissals.

Good luck getting to the end.

The heat has hit here too. We went from snow last month to 90s. Where did Spring go? There's no A/C at my kids' school and I can't imagine what it must be like in there. Must be really hard on the teachers and kids.

Central air in our school, and someone propped the door open for PE classes... so the humidity came in and then the A/C came on HIGH... it was freezing in my room. Sigh.

But, just book DAH for 7/28! So excited!

The heat has hit here too. We went from snow last month to 90s. Where did Spring go? There's no A/C at my kids' school and I can't imagine what it must be like in there. Must be really hard on the teachers and kids.

We don't have any sort of AC in our school and it is less than pleasant. The kids were troopers yesterday and didn't complain much, but it not gonna be a fun 7 weeks if it stays like this.

That's awful. At least we can open windows! Feel better!

@coloredimage 7 weeks!?!? Are you year round? We extended our days by 15 minutes this year so now our school year is from after Labor Day to just before Memorial Day because of the heat in the buildings. I feel for you. Once those buildings heat up it’s miserable.

It looks like next week it will be cooler here. Low 70s. I hope you all get some relief.

Every year the weather change sneaks up on me & I can’t find my kids’ summer clothes. I always buy some shirts & tees in the next size up at the end if summer. When I went to get them out, I couldn’t find them. Looks like I need to go shopping

@coloredimage 7 weeks!?!? Are you year round? We extended our days by 15 minutes this year so now our school year is from after Labor Day to just before Memorial Day because of the heat in the buildings. I feel for you. Once those buildings heat up it’s miserable.

Wow I wonder if extending by 15 minutes can be done here. Our last day is 6-22.and we start the day after Labkr Day too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter