• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official July 2018 Thread!

I knew it was probably the northeast since you wanted to avoid NY/NJ rush hour. We drive from MA and used to leave around the same time. Now my DH likes to drive straight through so we leave after supper.
That’s impressive. I wish we could handle that.

With all of our bathroom stops, and our bad backs and knees, we could never drive straight through. My husband used to complain about DD’s and my “small bladder,” but it gives him a chance to walk around and stretch.

I’ve already decided that when we fly to Arizona and California (Disneyland) in April that we will fly first class. We need the extra comfort and space for our long arthritic legs. 24 years ago we flew coach to Europe, and we felt so cramped and claustrophobic. Now that airplanes are providing even less room to travelers, I know that we could never fly coach cross country.

So, in 11 days, we will already have been on the road to WDW for six plus hours. I can hardly wait!

Ds and I leave almost exactly 7 days from now. We will start out in the Philadelphia suburbs and drive to Lorton, VA to catch the AutoTrain.

Just did a time check on Google Maps for our route and it looks clear at this time of day...less than three hours.

Still have to get through a week of work and packing!!!

I'm a little late to the party but we leave in a week. I'm so excited for this trip because I got the flu over our spring break trip and had to fly home :crazy2:. It was so terrible and depressing!!
So we do go to WDW often but we have never been able to score a FP for FoP. We always stay off property and after I book all my FP I seldom change them afraid I won't get them back. That would be the only way to get FoP- stalking the site constantly. Well that's exactly what I did this time. I was determined to finally have my family ride that ride. I just think it's so ridiculous that I need to do that. So frustrating when I hear people rode it 3 or 4x on their trip and I can't get 1 FP!
Well after stalking the site for about a week I scored 2!!
I remember your posts from the April group. I felt so bad that you got sick! Hope you have a healthy trip this time! Happy to hear you were able to score a FoP FP!

My daughter and I leave tomorrow after church. We will drive from Birmingham to Gainesville and spend the night there, which was cheaper than an extra night at Pop. We will get up early and drive to the Boardwalk for the Bon Voyage character breakfast, then on to check in at Pop. Our first FP is 3:30 for AS2.

Just got back to our room after being at MK for rope drop. We have experienced lighter than usual crowds. We didn't come last just yrar, but did come this same week of July, 2016, and crowds are definitely lighter than that year and previous years. We were able to get several fast passes yesterday at Epcot. Including multiple for soarin, test track and FEA. W haven't decided if we're going to go back to a park tonight or not, but I was able to book another fast pass for space mountain for later. Here is our dessert from last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_134300201.jpg
    IMG_20180706_134300201.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7

Just got back to our room after being at MK for rope drop. We have experienced lighter than usual crowds. We didn't come last just yrar, but did come this same week of July, 2016, and crowds are definitely lighter than that year and previous years. We were able to get several fast passes yesterday at Epcot. Including multiple for soarin, test track and FEA. W haven't decided if we're going to go back to a park tonight or not, but I was able to book another fast pass for space mountain for later. Here is our dessert from last night.
That looks really good. What is it and where do you get it?

We go every July usually for the 4th. I'm sorry we missed the fireworks this year but in the past that week is so crazy I wanted to leave later this year.
Have you noticed a difference in crowd levels from the past time you've been in July. I'm hearing it's not as busy this year. Which I'm really surprised at since TSL opened.
Its a lot lighter than I remember from last August. We've done a lot, without waiting a long time.

I think we left around 2. DW and I loved them, although she had a bit too much to drink with the wine slushies. lol I was driving so I stuck to non-alcoholic drinks.

Gorgeous! Also those wine slushies look amazing
I (DH) had a sip and they were really good mixed. On their own, they were also good, but the CM suggested to mix them, was not disappointed lol

Last night we had 'Ohana for dinner. For a 30 second review, the food was amazing (not dry or overcooked), but we were definitely rushed. When I went to use my Tables in Wonderland card, the waiter stated, not asked, that he would put it on the card attached to the TIW card. As he started to walk away, I had to stop him to let him know I was paying cash for dinner. When he came back from applying the discount, he was 'apologetic' about assuming to use the card for dinner. I could tell he was under stress from what I can only assume is management pushing for higher numbers, but it did not excuse his behavior. I can honestly say that, even though the food was, as always, amazing, it will be a while before we return. 'Ohana has turned into a cookie cutter experience restaurant, unlike the unique and fun experiences I remember from even a year ago.

Ok that was a bit more than 30 seconds. lol! Todays ADRs include breakfast at CRT and dinner at BOG! We've never been to CRT so this will be an experience!

I (DH) had a sip and they were really good mixed. On their own, they were also good, but the CM suggested to mix them, was not disappointed lol

Last night we had 'Ohana for dinner. For a 30 second review, the food was amazing (not dry or overcooked), but we were definitely rushed. When I went to use my Tables in Wonderland card, the waiter stated, not asked, that he would put it on the card attached to the TIW card. As he started to walk away, I had to stop him to let him know I was paying cash for dinner. When he came back from applying the discount, he was 'apologetic' about assuming to use the card for dinner. I could tell he was under stress from what I can only assume is management pushing for higher numbers, but it did not excuse his behavior. I can honestly say that, even though the food was, as always, amazing, it will be a while before we return. 'Ohana has turned into a cookie cutter experience restaurant, unlike the unique and fun experiences I remember from even a year ago.

Ok that was a bit more than 30 seconds. lol! Todays ADRs include breakfast at CRT and dinner at BOG! We've never been to CRT so this will be an experience!
So sorry that you felt rushed at ‘Ohana. We are eating dinner there in less than two weeks for the first time. We always enjoy breakfast there. I’m rather stubborn, so it will be interesting to see how the waiter reacts when I take my time eating at a leisurely pace. I’m used to waiters trying to turn tables quickly. I’m not leaving until I am ready, so good luck to anyone trying to rush me.:D

You will absolutely love CRT. It’s truly a very special experience. The stuffed french toast is to die for. Enjoy!

So sorry that you felt rushed at ‘Ohana. We are eating dinner there in less than two weeks for the first time. We always enjoy breakfast there. I’m rather stubborn, so it will be interesting to see how the waiter reacts when I take my time eating at a leisurely pace. I’m used to waiters trying to turn tables quickly. I’m not leaving until I am ready, so good luck to anyone trying to rush me.:D

You will absolutely love CRT. It’s truly a very special experience. The stuffed french toast is to die for. Enjoy!
I'm the same way. I kept telling him to slow down and relax, but you could tell it was a managerial push for the rush. So, ironically, I ordered the stuffed french toast before reading this. It was amazing and DW loved it!. I really need to pull some pictures of us on this trip...

However, right now, I'm going outside and having a cigar. I just got my final grade back for my (EDIT: for clarity)[last] core MBA class. Solid 4.0 the entire program! Relaxation time!

Last edited:
I'm the same way. I kept telling him to slow down and relax, but you could tell it was a managerial push for the rush. So, ironically, I ordered the stuffed french toast before reading this. It was amazing and DW loved it!. I really need to pull some pictures of us on this trip...

However, right now, I'm going outside and having a cigar. I just got my final grade back for my core MBA classes. Solid 4.0 the entire program! Relaxation time!
Congratulations! Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter