Official July 2023 Thread

Hi, I hope everyone's trips are going fantastically! I've been reading how low the crowds are recently and am so happy for my fellow July travelers to be able to enjoy that! Here's hoping that holds true for those of us with trips later in the month.
I don’t know how genie plus is going up since june27 if crowds are low.

We arrive today! Really can’t wait to be by the beach club pool this afternoon. @Jacq7414 how has your trip been so far?
Flying home today. Our flight is delayed but we did have a decent day in Epcot. A lot of rides were down in Epcot today. Remy for extended period and test track.

The 4th of July epcot fireworks were AMAZING. I wish I taped my daughter’s reaction to them. It was really the best fireworks all trip. I much preferred them to the MK ones.

But we had a really good trip and are sad to go. We really enjoyed the Boardwalk area too. We probably won’t be back to Disney World for a while because our big trip next year is going to be Hawaii.

I hope everyone else has a great Disney trip!!!

We'll be at BWV 7/23-8/2. My wife and I and our 4 young adult children. Looking forward to the heat:sunny:. We got some solid dining lined up:

Boma (D)
Crystal Palace (B/L)
Via Napoli (D)
Sci-Fi Fantasmic package (L)
Biergarten (D)
Ale & Compass (B)-new to us but I've heard good things
Sanaa (D)
Homecomin' (BR)
Il Mulino (D)-new to us. Is it better than Trattoria al Forno? I was a little torn...
Flying Fish (D)-finally getting to try this out!
Monsieur Paul (D)-1st time, just the 2 of us. Really looking forward to this.

Snacking around, F&W, lounges, and stuff in the room is the plan for the balance of our meals this time around. We're usually back at the resort by 2-3 at the latest to hit the pool, bar, whatever and then head out sometime after the afternoon storm rolls through. I've been working a ton of hours this year and really need this break. 2 weeks to go and I can't wait!

Thanks for the info! We did Topolino’s breakfast last year and loved it! I’m leaning towards Akershus as I do have a princess lover, but maybe breakfast. Haven’t tried a big brunch on a hot day in the park before and hoping that’s not going to ruin the day if we go that route! 🥵
We're doing Akershus for breakfast. Any inside info for this Grannie who would like to take our experience to the next level? Four Grands...age 10 months to 7 years old. TIA!

Not to interject or anything, but my girls live and die by the Yacht and Beach Club pool. Stormalong Bay is the main reason we keep going back to Beach Club (well other than the location.) They would be very upset to hear y'all talking so coldly of their beloved poo! 😝 😂
Pool is great.

We'll be at BWV 7/23-8/2. My wife and I and our 4 young adult children. Looking forward to the heat:sunny:. We got some solid dining lined up:

Boma (D)
Crystal Palace (B/L)
Via Napoli (D)
Biergarten (D)
Sanaa (D)
Homecomin' (BR)
Il Mulino (D)-new to us. Is it better than Trattoria al Forno? I was a little torn...

Snacking around, F&W, lounges, and stuff in the room is the plan for the balance of our meals this time around. We're usually back at the resort by 2-3 at the latest to hit the pool, bar, whatever and then head out sometime after the afternoon storm rolls through. I've been working a ton of hours this year and really need
we are going 7/28-8/5. cant Wait . Going to a couple of same places too- Crystal Palace Sci Fi & via Napoli. Love Flying fish but with grandkids and adult children so no go. We went to Il Mulino and I would say same level as Trattoria, maybe a little more expensive; so if you want to try something different. Ale & Compass has a good breakfast too.hope you enjoy your stay. Maybe we will run into you . I have young 20s adult kids too, who love Disney.

We had an amazing day 1 at the parks. We scored boarding group 8 for Guardians and were called at 8:40am. We were on the ride pretty quick and had no idea what to expect. It was bananas — I seriously wasn’t sure I would be able to do it again. But we had purchased lightning lanes so I gave it one more chance. Definitely was way better the 2nd time — I think knowing what to expect helped. First song was I Ran, 2nd was Conga.

We also did Remy, Soarin and the Land and then headed back to Beach Club to hang at the pool. We stayed there until 4:30 then Hopped to AK, where we had stacked LLs for Everest, Navi, Dinosaur and had a 6:25 Flight of Passage ILL. We got stuck on Everest — right at the broken track part. We were there for about 5 minutes when the ride restarted. My daughter was sitting with a little girl so she kept talking to her to make her laugh while we weren’t moving.

We got off our FoP ILL at 6:54 and hopped right in the stand by line which was posted 75 minutes. We were on the ride within 25 minutes. We were able to hop on a bus at 7:55 and head over to our 8:30 Sanaa dinner reservations.

We had such a blast today. Tomorrow we are attempting 4 parks in one day. Wish us luck.

Attachments

• IMG_9780.jpeg
    IMG_9780.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9779.jpeg
    IMG_9779.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9777.jpeg
    IMG_9777.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9769.jpeg
    IMG_9769.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 1
Yesterday we did all 4 parks. We did a ride, snack and photo in each park. We started at Hollywood Studios, and got there for early entry. We started with ToT, they opened the ride at 7:54, we were off the ride by 8:04. From there we walked on to MMRR, and then went over to Toy Story Land and walked on the TSM then grabbed some breakfast bowls and a Lunch box tart. After that we went over to Batu, did RotR using a ILL, and wandered around for a bit. I was able to pull another LL at this time and got Space Mountain for MK. We then went back to Toy Story Land and used our LL at Slinky Dog. Our daughter wanted a Jack Jack Num Num cookie so we stopped and grabbed that and took pictures with Sully and Frozone. We ended up leaving the park at 11 and headed back to Beach Club to rest a bit before we could hop to park 2.

Park 2 was Animal Kingdom. We left Beach Club at 1:30 and arrived at AK just before 2. The skies were looking a little grey when we arrived and a quick check of the radar showed we were in for a rainy afternoon. We had a LL for Everest so we went right there and walked right on. After that ride, we hit different snack locations — street corn at the fruit market, pork tacos from Smiling Crocodile and pulled pork mac and cheese from Flame Tree. The tacos were so good — I would go back to try the other types as well. And at 10.00 for 2 tacos and chips and salsa it was a good deal as well. It started to rain on our way to get snacks but it was over pretty quickly. After snacks we wandered the trail by the Tree of Life, then snapped a quick photo and left the park to get over to Epcot.

Originally we were going to do Epcot last but switched to doing that 3rd — I’m not sure why now. We got to Epcot and took a break on Spaceship Earth. When we were inside that, it started storming. We pulled out the ponchos and I quickly looked at what was available for LL, grabbed one over at at Soarin and we headed over.

We scanned in and I immediately grabbed another LL for Big Thunder. After Soarin we went to World Showcase to grab snacks (Pretzel Bread Pudding and a Bratwurst from Somerfest and Gelato from Gelateria Toscana). We ate snacks while we wandered over to Guardians. It was 6:00 at this point so we also grabbed a virtual queue for Guardians for during EEH.

We did Guardians — got Conga for a 2nd time — and exited in the rain again. We left the park and hopped the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom.

We got to the Magic Kingdom around 7:30 and went right over to Big Thunder. It was sprinkling while we rode it but it was kind of nice. We went from there over to Haunted Mansion, then decided to do snacks on our way to space mountain.

My husband got the Rapunzel Sundae which he said was really good. My daughter was going to get the Cheshire Cat tail but Cheshire cafe closed at 9. We decided to go to Auntie Gravity for milkshakes after Space. We were all tired at this point and quickly realized we could get stuck in post- firework crowds so we walked right on to space and then quickly grabbed an asteroid shake and a cold brew float. My daughter said the shake was more soft serve than milkshake but she loved it. The cold brew float was nothing super exciting I was just too tired to go grab a dole whip.

We exited the park through the backstage area along main street so we were able to avoid the crowds waiting for the fireworks. We got back on the monorail to go over to Epcot. We had no real plan for extra evening hours, so we took another spin on spaceship earth bc we all wanted to rest for a bit. Our boarding group was called right when we got off of that so we decided to head there and then call it a day. The wait in the queue was probably 40 minutes. We ended the night getting ‘September’ for the song — which our daughter said was the perfect end to the day.

We logged 35k steps and 15 miles. I would have switched the MK and Epcot park order if we weren’t locked in to the ILL for Guardians as well.

It was an incredibly fun day, one that our daughter has been looking forward to since started planning our trip.

Attachments

• IMG_9786.jpeg
    IMG_9786.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9811.jpeg
    IMG_9811.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9816.jpeg
    IMG_9816.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2
  • B939193A-4675-421A-8DB0-3404FDD04EE4.jpeg
    B939193A-4675-421A-8DB0-3404FDD04EE4.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9821.jpeg
    IMG_9821.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9872.jpeg
    IMG_9872.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9890.jpeg
    IMG_9890.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9913.jpeg
    IMG_9913.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9953.jpeg
    IMG_9953.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1

Boma (D)
Crystal Palace (B/L)
Via Napoli (D)
Biergarten (D)
Sanaa (D)
Homecomin' (BR)

Snacking around, F&W, lounges, and stuff in the room is the plan for the balance of our meals this time around. We're usually back at the resort by 2-3 at the latest to hit the pool, bar, whatever and then head out sometime after the afternoon storm rolls through. I've been working a ton of hours this year and really need this break. 2 weeks to go and I can't wait!
We'll be there nearly the same dates, checking out one day earlier (7/23-8/1).
Staying same place (BWV).
Same group make-up: My DH and I and our 3 DDs + 1 BF (so, 4 YAs).
Are we twins!? :laughing:
Your dining looks amazing. We are doing these:
  • The Fountain (Dolphin) (D)
  • Via Napoli (D) -4 / Teppan Edo (D) - 2
  • Yak & Yeti (L)
  • Woody's BBQ (L)
  • Ale & Compass (B) - 2
  • Cantina in GE
  • Skipper's Canteen (D)
  • Crystal Palace (B)
Plus, as you are, we plan to snack a bunch and hit F&W, as well as bringing most of our own breakfast items, snacks, and beverages of choice.
AND, like you, our plan is to retreat to the room/resort/pool each afternoon and return to parks at/after dinnertime (and the usual late afternoon storm).
GETTING CLOSE and we are SO EXCITED!!

We'll be there nearly the same dates, checking out one day earlier (7/23-8/1).
Staying same place (BWV).
Same group make-up: My DH and I and our 3 DDs + 1 BF (so, 4 YAs).
Are we twins!? :laughing:
Your dining looks amazing. We are doing these:
  • The Fountain (Dolphin) (D)
  • Via Napoli (D) -4 / Teppan Edo (D) - 2
  • Yak & Yeti (L)
  • Woody's BBQ (L)
  • Ale & Compass (B) - 2
  • Cantina in GE
  • Skipper's Canteen (D)
  • Crystal Palace (B)
Plus, as you are, we plan to snack a bunch and hit F&W, as well as bringing most of our own breakfast items, snacks, and beverages of choice.
AND, like you, our plan is to retreat to the room/resort/pool each afternoon and return to parks at/after dinnertime (and the usual late afternoon storm).
GETTING CLOSE and we are SO EXCITED!!
Wow, maybe we'll run into each other. We sure do have enough plans in common. On the off-chance that that happens and I actually realize it (that would be the really amazing part) I'll buy you a drink. You could increase your chances by saying "KSL" to random people at random times. It could be like a secret code. 8-) That would be hilarious. In fact, if you were to actually do that, I'd buy your whole party 2 drinks. But I would need to know how many times you tried before success. Though, I don't know how many parties of six adults will be staying at BWV at that time. Might not be too hard. Have a great trip. Don't forget: "KSL" :drinking1

@stevie -- DH has offered to make a small "KSL" flag to plant next to me at the pool (think golf pin) to assist you with identification. DD#3 has offered to create custom T-shirts. LOL. Seriously, though, it would be fun if we found you. My family will keep a look out around the resort, jic!! We would not be above randomly introducing ourselves to other parties of six and asking, "are you Stevie?!" Especially if there's a beverage prize at stake.

Leaving for WDW tomorrow!!
Thanks to everyone who participated on this thread to make it fun and helpful.
I hope you've all have/had wonderful vacations!!

Leaving for WDW tomorrow!!
Thanks to everyone who participated on this thread to make it fun and helpful.
I hope you've all have/had wonderful vacations!!
We are also leaving on Saturday (today) for our trip. I think it is going to be busier than I was hoping for but we will make the best of it. We will be back again.

I also hope everyone who has returned had a wonderful trip and everyone going now has a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter