***Official July 2024 Thread***

Taking advantage of the Disney+ Free Dining. Book July 20th - 28th at POP!!!

My husband and I are taking our granddaughter (along with my daughter) for her 1st trip to Disney World. We're keeping it a surprise for both of them. We're stationed overseas and they know we're coming to visit, and that I'm taking my granddaughter somewhere for an early birthday present. I've already told my daughter she'll need to take two days off from work. Lies have been started, LOL, and I'm pretty sure my daughter thinks we're going on a road-trip somewhere nearby, LOL (I may have led her to believe that, LOL). July 24th-28th @ ASMo.

My husband and I are taking our granddaughter (along with my daughter) for her 1st trip to Disney World. We're keeping it a surprise for both of them. We're stationed overseas and they know we're coming to visit, and that I'm taking my granddaughter somewhere for an early birthday present. I've already told my daughter she'll need to take two days off from work. Lies have been started, LOL, and I'm pretty sure my daughter thinks we're going on a road-trip somewhere nearby, LOL (I may have led her to believe that, LOL). July 24th-28th @ ASMo.
:cool1:Sounds exciting!

:welcome:to the thread! You're on the list!

I was just reading an article on when to visit and it put July dead last :scared: Oh well, I am still confident we will have an amazing time as long as we don't plan on going crazy at the parks and schedule plenty of pool time.

So fun!

I was just reading an article on when to visit and it put July dead last :scared: Oh well, I am still confident we will have an amazing time as long as we don't plan on going crazy at the parks and schedule plenty of pool time.

So fun!
Yeah, it's definitely not a choice I would normally make, but we're stationed overseas (my husband's a school teacher on a military base), so summer is the only time we could do it. I'm sure my granddaughter will have a ball either way and hopefully, the crowds won't bother her too much (fingers crossed).

There are lots of tips on this board about how to stay cool.

We visited last year in August and took long mid-day breaks. When going in the parks in the morning, I brought in a backpack cooler that contained frozen water bottles and our resort mugs full of ice (but any cup with a lid would do ;) Hats, sunscreen, and lightweight/sweat-wicking clothing are a must. But it was doable! We had lots of fun!

So fun!
this will be our second time in July. We're going the end of July. It was one of our best trips! Its hot! but i live in what you consider the Deep South, so I'm a used to hot humid weather. Make sure to bring plenty of water, fans, and a shade umbrella(also comes in handy cause it will rain, no way around it). We had two fans going constantly on my daughter's stroller and then one for the person pushing her. Those neck fans look silly, but are wonderful. If you are not wanting to take breaks and go back to the room, plan your ADRs for around 1:00 or 2:00 during the hottest parts of the day. That way you are inside with the air conditioning. We also kept cooling rags on hand and made sure to bring battery banks to charge our fans when they died. But my biggest tip of all is, NO TOYSTORY LAND DURING THE DAY. lol we've learned our lesson on our October Trip in 2021. That October trip was more miserable and hot than our July 2022 trip!

this will be our second time in July. We're going the end of July. It was one of our best trips! Its hot! but i live in what you consider the Deep South, so I'm a used to hot humid weather. Make sure to bring plenty of water, fans, and a shade umbrella(also comes in handy cause it will rain, no way around it). We had two fans going constantly on my daughter's stroller and then one for the person pushing her. Those neck fans look silly, but are wonderful. If you are not wanting to take breaks and go back to the room, plan your ADRs for around 1:00 or 2:00 during the hottest parts of the day. That way you are inside with the air conditioning. We also kept cooling rags on hand and made sure to bring battery banks to charge our fans when they died. But my biggest tip of all is, NO TOYSTORY LAND DURING THE DAY. lol we've learned our lesson on our October Trip in 2021. That October trip was more miserable and hot than our July 2022 trip!
You make a good point about TSL lol , I did not factor that thought into the trip but I will!

You make a good point about TSL lol , I did not factor that thought into the trip but I will!
Also, If you are using a stoller. I would look at something like this https://a.co/d/cH2lsDn.

It has an insulated cooler and gives you extra cup holders. In the Clear section where you would stick an ipad, i made a sign for our stroller and slipped it in there. Used the cooler for frozen bottles of water and snacks. Super handy and freed up alot of space underneath the stroller.
We bought the great value/Walmart brand of insulated water bottles (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...p-Top-Lid/602444486?athbdg=L1102&from=/search) They hold 24oz and are skinny enough to fit in small cup holders. Only 8 bucks too. There is also a built in straw and it bends down with a cover to protect it from germs. Its my favorite. I still use it everyday since our trip.

Going twice in July!
First trip will be solo - July 3-5 at the Polynesian!
Second trip will be with my mom, who is attending the Hot Topics in Pediatrics Conference - July 17-20 at the Grand Floridian!

Talk about a Deluxe Double Header!

Time is dragging on! I just finished up as much as i can plan. I have flight tickets booked, room and tickets booked, stroller rental booked, and Transportation (MEARS) booked.

Just waiting on my 60 day window to open to book my ADRs.

Time is dragging on! I just finished up as much as i can plan. I have flight tickets booked, room and tickets booked, stroller rental booked, and Transportation (MEARS) booked.

Just waiting on my 60 day window to open to book my ADRs.
Hopefully your ADR booking will be as easy as mine. It was easy peasy and I got everything I wanted except for the ever elusive Space 220 Lounge. We ended up with lunch. I'm also hearing from others that was the same for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter