*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Just got back at 1am this morning which really felt like 4am to us. So really we had been up from 7am to 4am! Sad to say good by to the June group! You've been so helpful in helping me plan my first ever trip to WDW! We had so much fun but we are tired! It was nice to breath the cool crisp air of San Fransisco! By our 10th park day we felt like pros and even hopped to 3 different parks in one day! Now for the after trip clean up. Laundry, unpacking, shopping... :headache:

Just got back last night after a 6 night trip. On the last day my birthday July 1st I got food poisoning. I think it was from Pecos bill by the way. I'm never going back there. Toppings bar scares me now. I'm still trying to recover. The bright side of the trip was that up until the last day we got to do everything we wanted to do and it was great.

Not to disappoint you all, but we have already booked a package and flights to go to the "Dark Side" at Christmas.....just cant wait to see and experience new Harry Potter....

Just got back last night after a 6 night trip. On the last day my birthday July 1st I got food poisoning. I think it was from Pecos bill by the way. I'm never going back there. Toppings bar scares me now. I'm still trying to recover. The bright side of the trip was that up until the last day we got to do everything we wanted to do and it was great.

Oh, that's too bad! We ate there once. We were fortunate we never got sick on our trip and I tend to get very bad headaches at night and I didn't get on on the trip. However, now DH has a sore throat we think came from the plane. I've been taking airborne trying to ward it off.

So who is planning for next year already?
Now I feel like I'm in this weird limbo. I've spent an entire year cramming and planning and researching this WDW trip. Now what? :confused3 This was probably a once in a life time trip for us. Maybe we'll go back someday but certainly not in the next five years. I know we'll go back to DLR next July, but there is no big planning to do. We'll buy APs again, make reservations for Candy Cane Inn around January. And a few weeks before we leave, I'll make a few ADR for a couple of TS places. (Carthay Circle and Cafe Orleans).

I have to say we have never met so many people from the south as we did this WDW trip. As a whole, they are very polite and friendly. :goodvibes: The guests at WDW do less swearing and line cutting than DLR. I think because they are mostly families while at DLR you get a lot of local teens coming in for the day who act like they own the place. So we liked that about WDW. But we are looking forward to having all rides, attractions, shows, and DTD available to us each day. Often at a WDW park we kind of finished it and didn't know what to do now. DH would be at MK and say let's go on Star Tours and I'd have to tell him it was at another park. The buses and spread out-ness was ok for two adults, but I think DLR is way easier for families with small children. We saw more cranky tired children at WDW than we normally do at DLR.

Anyway, we had a wonderful trip. So fun to try some new rides! One thing I can do while in limbo is organize photos. We had about 86 Memory Maker photos taken and about 1500 on my own camera.

I was thinking of renting dvc as well but that probably won't be for a few years plus I'll also need to talk my dbf into it. This years June trip was at POFQ. I absolutely love that place so I'm very hesitant to try anything else. We're talking about staying at a value for next years trip to save some money and then maybe in a couple years we can splurge on a deluxe to see what those are like.

I was thinking of renting dvc as well but that probably won't be for a few years plus I'll also need to talk my dbf into it. This years June trip was at POFQ. I absolutely love that place so I'm very hesitant to try anything else. We're talking about staying at a value for next years trip to save some money and then maybe in a couple years we can splurge on a deluxe to see what those are like.
I can't begin to say how much we LOVED POFQ! I just keep telling everyone how peaceful and beautiful it is. We stepped out our door and into a very relaxing place. We went over to look at Poly and Contemporary. We ate there and looked around. Those are two places I was wanting to stay but when prices for a standard went up to $500 a night, we let that go. I think POFQ is prettier and more relaxing than either of those seem to be. Well, Poly had all kinds of construction going on and I wouldn't be happy paying those prices and having that going on.

Pretty cool! My trip report made the top 10 on the DISboards for the month of June! Here's the link if interested:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594
Congrats! I started reading it before our trip. I'll have to get back to it. It's a great report!

I can't begin to say how much we LOVED POFQ! I just keep telling everyone how peaceful and beautiful it is. We stepped out our door and into a very relaxing place. We went over to look at Poly and Contemporary. We ate there and looked around. Those are two places I was wanting to stay but when prices for a standard went up to $500 a night, we let that go. I think POFQ is prettier and more relaxing than either of those seem to be. Well, Poly had all kinds of construction going on and I wouldn't be happy paying those prices and having that going on.

We also went to the poly and contemporary this trip to check them out. We also checked out gf since they were on the monorail as well. I think it's kinda unfortunate that the first time I see the poly it's during construction. Oh well. Lunch was great at kona though. Maybe one day we'll stay at poly but I kinda think Id miss the beautiful shaded streets of the French quarter.

We have our annual trip booked for Aug 9-17:) 33 days to go! I am looking forward to the Frozen premium package. We have 5 nights at BCV and 3 more at AOA. I am tempted to switch to the Poly for the last 3 nights, but the construction has me a bit concerned. We never stayed there and the prices are a bit cheaper. They are also giving a water park pass for one day since the main pool is closed.
We thought we'd take the year off next year, but a few close family friends are considering going, so I think we'd have to go as well:)

Shh! We might be going in November...maybe... AND... planning a potential TWO trips in June next year. At the beginning of the month, I may be taking some Girl Scouts for a few days, then our usual trip at the end of the month.

Not to disappoint you all, but we have already booked a package and flights to go to the "Dark Side" at Christmas.....just cant wait to see and experience new Harry Potter....

When I went the beginning of this month to Universal, there was a soft opening of Diagon Alley -- everything except Gringotts was open. :) Pretty awesome to me.

I'm waiting for the rates to come out next week and then I'll start planning like crazy for a trip in the fall next year. I've always gone in the summer so cooler temps and smaller crowds is going to be a whole new experience. Plus add onto that it will be the first vacation that my boyfriend and I will be taking just the two of us. Pretty amazing when I think about it seeing as how we've been together for 10 years.
Gringotts looked pretty cool from the videos I saw in you tube. Still not enough for me to go for a day or two when I could be spending it with the mouse. Maybe in a couple of years I'll take a couple of days at US before we head over to disney.

I'm waiting for the rates to come out next week and then I'll start planning like crazy for a trip in the fall next year. I've always gone in the summer so cooler temps and smaller crowds is going to be a whole new experience. Plus add onto that it will be the first vacation that my boyfriend and I will be taking just the two of us. Pretty amazing when I think about it seeing as how we've been together for 10 years.
Gringotts looked pretty cool from the videos I saw in you tube. Still not enough for me to go for a day or two when I could be spending it with the mouse. Maybe in a couple of years I'll take a couple of days at US before we head over to disney.

Let me tell you...

I was there on July 4th. I was expecting wall-to-wall people. Since we stayed at a Universal resort, we could get in for WWOHP at 8. The Forbidden Journey was a 40 minute wait, even that early. 5 minute wait for Hippogriff's Flight. We waited about 20 minutes to go through Ollivander's at Hogsmeade. I walked on the Dragon Challenge. We went back to Forbidden Journey and did the single rider line -- on and off within 15 minutes.

We had park-to-park tickets. By that time the Hogwarts Express was open and practically walk-on. Rode over to Universal. Men-in-Black had a 10 minute wait. Simpsons - 10. ET - 5. Grabbed lunch. Rode Shrek (15 minute wait). Rode Despicable Me (60 minute), Terminator (10), Twister (10), The Mummy (15), Simpsons again (10), Transformers (60), saw a show, then spent enough time roaming Diagon Alley that if we had gone back to IoA, we could have rode everything we wanted to there.

As it was, we went back to IoA the next day. We waited until 10 or so before we went to the park (at least 9:30, anyway). Rode the Cat in the Hat and the Suess Trolley (walk-ons), Poseidon's Fury (20), Forbidden Journey (single rider line...maybe 10 minutes?), Popeye's Bilge-Rat Barge (40), a couple other things, we were done by 2. Rode Hogwarts Express back to US, did a bit more before we left the park around 5 for Blue Man Group at 6.

We are considering doing a Universal day during next year's trip, but it will definitely only be a day, we will get park-to-park tickets, and I expect to do pretty much everything we'd want to do in that one day.

Who from June 2015 is planning another trip for June 2015?? We just decided and hope to book so time this month! I'm so happy!!!

Who from June 2015 is planning another trip for June 2015?? We just decided and hope to book so time this month! I'm so happy!!!

We are! We went last June for sons graduation and got AP so we've now booked airfare and hotel to return this June. Super excited, will feel like a different trip as I'm planning to do more ADRs since our expenses are different this trip and bringing along some other family so will be first trip for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter