*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Today was supposed to be our animal kingdom day. Instead we're in scat cats watching the usa-germany game. I believe that we will win. Hopefully after the game is over we can go to one of the parks for a little while before the basketball draft starts.

After a nice dinner in Italy, we spent a rainy evening waiting for, and then watching, IllumiNations. Awesome, and awe inspiring, even in the rain. All repacked and ready, but not willing, too check out tomorrow morning. It's been an incredible first visit, I only hope and pray there will be more - soon. However, I cannot imagine every returning in the summer.

turkey1031 said:
Today was supposed to be our animal kingdom day. Instead we're in scat cats watching the usa-germany game. I believe that we will win. Hopefully after the game is over we can go to one of the parks for a little while before the basketball draft starts.

This game was probably awesome to watch in Epcot! It was crazy just at our local German restaurant!

Just left Via Napoli... Didn't see Pink Budgie. Sorry we missed each other. :(

I looked all over for a green backpack but didn't see one. They stuck us in the back of the restaurant with a fire alarm between us. We were a little forgotten about until they brought us a free anniversary dessert. Sorry we missed!

So excited - only 1.5 hours left of work, then we sleep till 3:30 am and we are on our way. Hoping to be walking into the front door of Bay Lake Tower by 8:00 pm tomorrow night!

:cool1:

We ended up not going to a park yesterday. We'll just use our park ticket for Monday, the day we leave. Our flight isn't until 7or so so we have some morning time to head to a park. Today we went to magic kingdom. Did our fast pass for space mountain and big thunder mountain. we had a lunch "fast pass" for be our guest which worked great. They let us in 5 minutes before our scheduled time. Our food was amazing and we got to eat in the west wing. I definitely recommend the masters cupcake. The gray stuff tastes like cookies and cream. The texture is super smooth. I could have had just a plate of that stuff. Our third fast pass was for splash but we were way too hot and tired and decided to head back to the resort for a cool down and nap and a milkshake. Love those milkshakes. Not sure what we'll be doing tonight for a park or if we'll just hang out at pofq or downtown. Sad to think that we only have a few days left of our magical vacation. I've been planning our next trip in my head.

I looked all over for a green backpack but didn't see one. They stuck us in the back of the restaurant with a fire alarm between us. We were a little forgotten about until they brought us a free anniversary dessert. Sorry we missed!

We were in the middle close to that big, family-style table. I figured that, if you found us, it would have been when they were singing happy birthday. We are in MK today, sitting under the shelter for 7DMT, waiting for the storm to pass. Tomorrow, we go home.

Time to pack up and go home. :( Plenty of pictures, even though I dropped my camera and broke it yesterday while waiting for Anna and Elsa. At least the cell phone takes pics.

Now, to TR or not to TR? That is the question.

We were in the middle close to that big, family-style table. I figured that, if you found us, it would have been when they were singing happy birthday. We are in MK today, sitting under the shelter for 7DMT, waiting for the storm to pass. Tomorrow, we go home.

We heard birthday singing but we were so far in the back we couldn't see anything. :sad2:
We have three more days then home.

Time to pack up and go home. :( Plenty of pictures, even though I dropped my camera and broke it yesterday while waiting for Anna and Elsa. At least the cell phone takes pics. Now, to TR or not to TR? That is the question.

You should totally do a TR! I'm going to start mine on Monday of next week. As June ends it is going to be sad to see this group go. The TRs will help with that I think.

I'm en route headed home (takes us 2 days of driving) and will start my TR next week. I will have a universal day thrown in there because we decided last minute to go. Thanks so much to all of you for tips and advice!!!

We ended up not going to a park yesterday. We'll just use our park ticket for Monday, the day we leave. Our flight isn't until 7or so so we have some morning time to head to a park. Today we went to magic kingdom. Did our fast pass for space mountain and big thunder mountain. we had a lunch "fast pass" for be our guest which worked great. They let us in 5 minutes before our scheduled time. Our food was amazing and we got to eat in the west wing. I definitely recommend the masters cupcake. The gray stuff tastes like cookies and cream. The texture is super smooth. I could have had just a plate of that stuff. Our third fast pass was for splash but we were way too hot and tired and decided to head back to the resort for a cool down and nap and a milkshake. Love those milkshakes. Not sure what we'll be doing tonight for a park or if we'll just hang out at pofq or downtown. Sad to think that we only have a few days left of our magical vacation. I've been planning our next trip in my head.

We loved BOG for lunch. They were excellent with my fish allergy and brought my food out by itself. We tried the grey stuff too. That was the best cupcake ever! Unfortunately, the flatware was not entertaining. They just sat there. ;)

LOL! They really should audition for better flatware.

We ate lunch at BOG with a FP+ on June 9th. I made the FP+ ressie before the official invite showed up in my email. Did not matter one bit. LOVED our lunch. The quiche is excellent.

You should totally do a TR! I'm going to start mine on Monday of next week. As June ends it is going to be sad to see this group go. The TRs will help with that I think.

I may, but it will have to be next week, most likely, before I get started. I'm headed back down to Universal Thursday. (My aunt wants to go, and while initially I said that I wouldn't go without DD, her friend doesn't have the $ to go, and my aunt NEVER wants to go anywhere, so I'm going. Poor DD will have to stay home. :rotfl:)

Today was an Epcot day. Weather channel app said it was 94, feels like 101. I believe it.

It's funny. I swear I remember forecasters saying it would be a milder than normal summer. I mean, around here, it usually starts getting HOT early in the year. (Let's face it...when you live in the South, you really only have 3 seasons: Winter (cold), Spring (hot), and Summer (hotter). We've been able to wear shorts up until about Christmas with a couple of exceptions. The week that the National Peanut Festival is in Dothan (last week of October/first week of November), it usually gets cold for whatever night we plan to go to the fair. You look at Halloween costumes curiously. Last year, DD wanted to be a flamingo. I bought her a spaghetti-strapped leotard that got feathered and blinged up, and I wondered if she would be able to wear it because it *might* get cold -- we had NO trouble with it. Even this year at Christmas...it definitely seems like it was shorts weather. Or at least, no jacket weather. Then in January, you have to have the coat at least through February. Sometimes March. Spring was pretty mild -- I don't think it has been that long since I quit wearing jeans on the weekend.

But...for all that "mild summer" crud... Disney was HOT. Like...we never do the Hall of Presidents, and we escaped in there to get away from the heat. I think I felt just as soaked from walking around as I did after the second ride on KRR. I'm not sure if it was because I sprayed Scotch Guard on this backpack so it wouldn't get so dirty so fast or what, but I swear I never sweat so badly with my old backpack. :furious: (Not really furious...but it seems a good approximation of the heat...ugh.)

Now, we live approximately 400 miles north. Okay, not really. Probably more 200 miles north with a drive about 200 miles east. Anyhow, definitely farther north. Today's high here at home is in the mid to upper 90s, with a projected heat index of 101. Wednesday? Predicted high 101 -- haven't seen a heat index prediction. I find myself not wanting to go outside. Or contemplating buying a kiddie pool, although the kiddie pool needs to wait until the lawn can be mown, which can't be done until the cable company comes and buries the fiber optic cable they brought two weeks ago. Meh. Maybe we can just get this area HERE done.

How's the weather where you are?

We just got home yesterday. We had an amazing trip. It was soooo hot, but everyone had a great time. Our grandsons did really well on this trip. It was our 18 month old DGSs first trip and the third time we went with DGS that turned 7 on the day we left. It's a really long drive for us, so we were worried about the ride for the two of them. They did great! They also did not seem to mind the heat like we thought they would. I've had fun reading all of the posts on this thread. We won't go again for another 2 years, so now I have to live vicariously through everyone on here and their upcoming trips!

Made it home last night at 11:30. Good thing I took today off from work too. I'm exhausted. I started looking at next year already for our next trip. This time it will not be in the summertime. I had a blast this trip and can't wait to go back. I gained 6lbs on this trip. My boyfriend lost about 5lbs. Time for me to go back to my meat and veggies eating plan.

Can't believe it's July already.

Just wanted to say what a fun experience it's been on this June board sharing all our plans with each other. Hope each and every one of you had a trip as magical as ours.

Goodbye June!

:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter