***Official June 2018***

Just received a return invite to join my nephew's family (nephew, niece-in-law, grand niece, grand nephew and myself) for 8 days at Bay Lake (June 14 - June 22). I'll stay solo an additional 3 days at POFQ (June 22 - June 25). Really hoping that Toy Story Land will open close to Memorial Day like Pandora did. We would love to experience Slinky Dog Dash this summer!!

Last edited:
Looks like we're getting lots of people joining our crew!

Going May 28-June 3 Split stay Between Poly and Kidani. Looking to add a few more days when the AP discounts come out. Family of 4 trip also celebrating DS graduation!

You're in, welcome aboard! We'll be at the Poly starting on the first, great choices! Lots of graduation celebration this year, have a great time!

June 11-15!!!
Pop century!
Party of 11

You're on the list, welcome. That's quite a crew, hope you have a blast!

Just received a return invite to join my nephew's family (nephew, niece-in-law, grand niece, grand nephew and myself) for 8 days at Bay Lake (June 14 - June 22). I'll stay solo an additional 3 days at POFQ (June 22 - June 25). Really hoping that Toy Story Land will open close to Memorial Day like Pandora did. We would love to experience Slinky Dog Dash this summer!!

You're on the list too! Sounds like a great split, some time with family and some time to go at your own pace too. I'm also hopeful Toy Story land opens around Memorial Day. We won't be there on opening day but a few days after, by later in the month I'm sure it'll be ready to go!

@Avery&Todd we do midday breaks instead of sit down lunches but it’s pretty much the same concept - get out of the heat and rest a bit.

Mine doesn't eat enough for even the regular dining plan
My two either. I brought peanut butter to go cups and that’s mostly what they ate. My only issue was I didn’t bring enough!

I'm moving away from PPO breakfasts to more brunch type times.
We do grab and go bf in the room (granola bars and such), RD, then brunch type meals (late breakfasts or early lunches).

I agree that it rained a lot this past June, but we didn’t mind it too much bc it kept temps low. In contrast, June 2016 was miserably hot. A nice medium would be best, though.

I SO AGREE!! June 2016 was crazy hot!! I'll take a little rain to cool off those June days!!

Going May 28-June 3 Split stay Between Poly and Kidani. Looking to add a few more days when the AP discounts come out. Family of 4 trip also celebrating DS graduation!

We're going pretty much same date, we start ours on May 29-June 3 onsite and move offsite for June 3-9 also celebrating my dd's graduation :) I am so ready!

I agree that it rained a lot this past June, but we didn’t mind it too much bc it kept temps low. In contrast, June 2016 was miserably hot. A nice medium would be best, though.

I SO AGREE!! June 2016 was crazy hot!! I'll take a little rain to cool off those June days!!

Interesting... We've traveled to Disney in June numerous times (7 times in the last 13 years) and we found our June 2016 trip to be one of the more bearable ones as far as heat & humidity. We were there the week Frozen Ever After opened. There was one evening that we went to MK after a heavy thunderstorm that I wished I had a light jacket (only time that's ever happened). I do remember that one year (2004, I think) it was ungodly hot..."real feel" was over 105 several days that week.

Doing the happy dance this weekend! I’ve just started planning for June 14-18 (a short stay before a week at Anna Maria Island — we “won” a travel package at our kids’ school gala). We didn't go on a big vacation during 2017, because we bought a new home, so we're doubly looking forward to this trip! It'll be myself, my husband, and my two kids, who will be 9 and 5 by then.

We haven't chosen a hotel yet, but the Epcot resorts -- especially Beach Club -- are at the top of my list. My quandary is, every other WDW trip has been with a discount of some kind; we've never gone in June, when rates for everything seem to be at a premium. Otherwise, POR is the only hotel that currently fits the budget and while we love it, we want to try something new. But I don’t know if I can wait until discounts finally come out! o_O

It’s so hard booking ADRs and making plans without having booked a hotel room! Some reservations we've already made:
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue for arrival day (although we'll likely have to cancel because my husband wants to work at least a half-day, which means we wouldn't get there in time)
  • Marrakesh for lunch and Biergarten for dinner for our Epcot day
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my daughter and Pirates League for my son, followed by a late breakfast at CRT, for our MK day (which will also be Father's Day)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner on MK day
  • Whispering Canyon for lunch the day we depart for Anna Maria Island
Everything here is a first, except for Hoop-Dee-Doo and Whispering Canyon (both of which we haven't done since our first WDW trip in 2012). I'm also looking into dessert parties for the nighttime spectaculars, and dining for our split AK/HS day.

Whew! Clearly I had a lot I wanted to get off of my chest! Guess I'm a wee bit exited! :D

Interesting... We've traveled to Disney in June numerous times (7 times in the last 13 years) and we found our June 2016 trip to be one of the more bearable ones as far as heat & humidity. We were there the week Frozen Ever After opened. There was one evening that we went to MK after a heavy thunderstorm that I wished I had a light jacket (only time that's ever happened). I do remember that one year (2004, I think) it was ungodly hot..."real feel" was over 105 several days that week.
We were there the week before the week you were there - we left the day before Frozen Ever After opened - we must have taken the heat with us!!

Doing the happy dance this weekend! I’ve just started planning for June 14-18 (a short stay before a week at Anna Maria Island — we “won” a travel package at our kids’ school gala). We didn't go on a big vacation during 2017, because we bought a new home, so we're doubly looking forward to this trip! It'll be myself, my husband, and my two kids, who will be 9 and 5 by then.

We haven't chosen a hotel yet, but the Epcot resorts -- especially Beach Club -- are at the top of my list. My quandary is, every other WDW trip has been with a discount of some kind; we've never gone in June, when rates for everything seem to be at a premium. Otherwise, POR is the only hotel that currently fits the budget and while we love it, we want to try something new. But I don’t know if I can wait until discounts finally come out! o_O

It’s so hard booking ADRs and making plans without having booked a hotel room! Some reservations we've already made:
  • Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue for arrival day (although we'll likely have to cancel because my husband wants to work at least a half-day, which means we wouldn't get there in time)
  • Marrakesh for lunch and Biergarten for dinner for our Epcot day
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my daughter and Pirates League for my son, followed by a late breakfast at CRT, for our MK day (which will also be Father's Day)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner on MK day
  • Whispering Canyon for lunch the day we depart for Anna Maria Island
Everything here is a first, except for Hoop-Dee-Doo and Whispering Canyon (both of which we haven't done since our first WDW trip in 2012). I'm also looking into dessert parties for the nighttime spectaculars, and dining for our split AK/HS day.

Whew! Clearly I had a lot I wanted to get off of my chest! Guess I'm a wee bit exited! :D

Nothing wrong with a little excitement and welcome to our little club! I think there should be some discounts soon based on the Mousesavers historical discounts. Hopefully something will come your way soon!

I thought I would share our dining plans and a few thoughts about our trip!!

June 8th
50's Prime Time
California Grill

June 9th
Crystal Palace
LTT (we will pay OOP)
Via Napoli

June 10th
Tusker House
Yak & Yeti
‘Ohana

June 11th
Garden Grill
Rose & Crown
Flying Fish

June 12th
Roaring Fork (we will pay OOP)
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (Lunch on the Tour!)
Le Cellier

June 13th

Hollywood &Vine
50's Prime Time
Narcoossee's

June 14th
Roaring Fork (we will pay OOP)
Somewhere in MK - OOP!

Some background on our reservations and dining style. Obviously, we have the DxDP – we are a family of 4 with 2 boys who will be 19 and 16 on this trip and they enjoy trying new food and who eat…a lot!

This our 5th trip to WDW and we’ve always gotten the DxDP and it works for us -we’ve realized over the years that we have some favorite places that we just can’t miss (like Crystal Palace and Yak & Yeti) and even 50s PT that we must do twice and that we need to start each day off with a sit down breakfast.

DH gets HOT at Disney in June and *requests* (requires) a sit-down lunch spot in the A/C where someone can bring him a drink so he can re-energize and we all appreciate his “needs” at that time of the day anyway! I learned this lesson the first trip when I didn’t plan lunches and thought we’d just “wing it” and we were walking around HS and DH was dripping sweat and hot and wanted to sit somewhere and kept asking me “where are we eating” and I kept saying “what do you want to eat” and EVERY restaurant wasn’t taking walk-ups….so we ended up eating burgers outside under a fan trying to find a breeze in Disney in hot, hot June…it was not pleasant….so…LESSON LEARNED! Always have a food plan!

All of our in park breakfasts are pre-park opening (fingers crossed it stays that way) and we’ve found we love getting in early and hoping on the rides! Last trip after b’fast at Tusker House we headed to Kali’ RR and rode it 4 times in a row without having to get off and then we hoped back on later with our FP+! It was great!

We’ve also come to appreciate the Signature Dinners at the end of the day, and now that alcoholic drinks are included for DH and I that’s a BONUS!! After those big, heavy meals we then head back into the parks for even more rides and fun! Last trip we had the best time riding BTMRR at 10pm in the dark! It feels like it's going crazy fast!!

California Grill is a new place for us this trip and I’m super excited about it! (anyone been and can recommend an entrée or dessert??) And our oldest DS will LOVE that he can get sushi as an appetizer!

We haven’t been to Flying Fish since it was renovated and re-opened.

We haven’t been to Le Cellier or ‘OHana (for dinner) since 2009 so I’m excited to be going back!

We are paying OOP for 4 meals, but I picked the QS breakfast at WL and the lunch at LTT which would be our cheapest meals (wait, can you say “cheap” and “meals” in the same sentence with Disney?? HA!). Last trip we also paid OOP for LTT and it worked out well, both DH and I got the salad and the boys got burger/thanksgiving feast and we split 1 dessert. The salad is FABULOUS and it wasn’t heavy or hot and it was a welcome change!

Our arrival flight gets us to MCO by 8am on June 8th so I’m SUPER excited to have a full day in the parks! We’ll head to WL, get checked in and I anticipate being in HS by 10am (fingers crossed)!! Lunch is at 11:30 and dinner is 5:45pm in case we’re ready to crash afterwards since we will have been up since 3:30am! (UGH! But it’s Disney so who can complain??!)

Our departing flight leaves MCO around 5pm, and with the ME leaving 4 hrs early that means we have to be back at the WL by 1pm, but I’m secretly hoping that after the holidays they bring it back down to 3 hrs so we’ll have until 2pm. Anyway, we’ll be packed that morning, eat b’fast at Roaring Fork, check out, drop off the bags, head to the park and squeeze in half a day! I *may* pack a bag to leave at guest services with a change of clothes in case folks want to shower off in the pool showers back at the WL before we had to MCO….just a thought though…

So there you have it….our very LARGE and organized dining plan!! :earseek:

What do you guys have planned ???

At CG, our favorites are the Spicy Kazan Roll for sushi, The Oak Fired Filet or Pork Two Ways (if still available), and the California Beignets for dessert (and/or a Manhattan or two....) :)

Enjoy!

At CG, our favorites are the Spicy Kazan Roll for sushi, The Oak Fired Filet or Pork Two Ways (if still available), and the California Beignets for dessert (and/or a Manhattan or two....) :)

Enjoy!
SO FRIGGIN excited about CG, I can't even stand it!!

I was wondering what dessert to get!!

and I think the filet will be mine too!

:drinking1popcorn:: bring on the food and drinks!!!

Woke up this morning to find an e-mail from my TA letting me know the Summer Meal Deal dropped this morning and she was able to apply it to our reservation. Wahoo!!! It's one QS meal per person per night. Book by Feb. 11 for travel most nights May 29-August 25.

I will say that we booked this deal a few years ago and then ended up getting a better deal closer to our travel dates, but it's nice to know we've got *something*!

Now have split stay at POR (went from Garden View to Pool View with SOME savings, not a lot), and YC. Discounts were NOT what I'd hoped, and am crossing fingers AP discounts will be better. My problem right now is we're checking out on June 12, so the price on the evening of June 11 is SUBSTANTIALLY more.

Nothing like starting the day with some fun Disney math. :badpc:

Looks like we're getting lots of people joining our crew!

You're in, welcome aboard! We'll be at the Poly starting on the first, great choices! Lots of graduation celebration this year, have a great time!

Thanks!!! :yay::yay:We are so excited to be finally going back in June! We've been going in July for the last few years due to DS's baseball!

We're going pretty much same date, we start ours on May 29-June 3 onsite and move offsite for June 3-9 also celebrating my dd's graduation :) I am so ready!

So ready for this vacation!! Only if DS's school would quit asking for BIG MONEY for all the graduation stuff!! They are dipping into my Disney fund. :-):-):-)

So excited to join this thread! 2017 was the year of Disney for me (thank you AP!) and I was kind of sad to see it end, but my parents have never been to Disney before, so we decided to take them with us for a fun summer trip! We are booked at AsMu with the summer meal deal (we are paying and need 2 rooms so trying a value again). It will be me, my DH, DD who will be 13, DD who is 11, DD who will turn 8 on our trip, and my dad and my mom so a total of 7! My sister is debating on if they are going or not, so we may be adding 4 more to our group! First time trying to plan for this big of a group is going to be crazy, but I love a challenge! We will be there June 10-17 but only doing 4 park days and doing a resort/pool day and maybe Kennedy Space Center. Let the countdown begin!

June 9-16/Villas at the Grand Floridian/Family Trip for 11

Welcome! Hopefully one day I'll get a chance to try VGF even if just for a couple nights.

So excited to join this thread! 2017 was the year of Disney for me (thank you AP!) and I was kind of sad to see it end, but my parents have never been to Disney before, so we decided to take them with us for a fun summer trip! We are booked at AsMu with the summer meal deal (we are paying and need 2 rooms so trying a value again). It will be me, my DH, DD who will be 13, DD who is 11, DD who will turn 8 on our trip, and my dad and my mom so a total of 7! My sister is debating on if they are going or not, so we may be adding 4 more to our group! First time trying to plan for this big of a group is going to be crazy, but I love a challenge! We will be there June 10-17 but only doing 4 park days and doing a resort/pool day and maybe Kennedy Space Center. Let the countdown begin!

Sounds like tons of fun, welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter