• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2019***

June thread!!

We are an August family every year so it feels weird to be in the June thread lol

We are doing 11 days at Pop! June 5-16 then 4 days at Universal after that.

Looking fwd to EMM at MK on 6/9 and EMM at DHS on 6/12

crossing fingers for DAH to get announced for some time during our trip.

normally we plan 6 months out but this trip just came together this week. We were still able to get 4 BOG including 2 PPO if the opening doesn't change to 8am.

look forward to conversing with y'all

So I did my fastpasses this morning as we arrive on the 26th. Here's some observations for you all as we get closer to people being able to make their FPs for June.
  1. Slinky Dog is a hard get so if you want to do that, make that one first and toward the end of your stay. Day 63 (May 29) only had evening times and I was looking for morning. Noonish was an easy get for the following Saturday (June 1).
  2. Flight of Passage is also still a pretty hard get as well. I got that one on Day 66 (May 31st) and I wanted 11 am and had to settle for about 1 pm. There's still quite a few times available for that day but they are around 1:30 and later for a party of 4. Even for a party of 1 the earliest is like 1:05 pm. I didn't search for anything earlier so I have no idea what it looked like this morning for days 60-65.
  3. Tower of Terror is as expected pretty thin as well. Make this a priority after Flight of Passage if you want to ride it at all.
  4. Test Track is weirdly hard to get the right time and I can easily get Frozen? What is this reality?
Overall, it's pretty obvious people have figured out now that if you book fastpasses in the morning you can get more later. And also I can feel a little difference in booking for 4 vs just 2. There were a couple times where I just searched for two sets of 2 people and got the same exact time which is weird but whatever it worked. Maybe it's all the added offsite people and some of them are in the know. Maybe it's just searching for 2 is easy mode. I get the feeling it won't be that slow this summer, but I could be wrong. Buckle up folks, it's almost time!

So I did my fastpasses this morning as we arrive on the 26th. Here's some observations for you all as we get closer to people being able to make their FPs for June.
  1. Slinky Dog is a hard get so if you want to do that, make that one first and toward the end of your stay. Day 63 (May 29) only had evening times and I was looking for morning. Noonish was an easy get for the following Saturday (June 1).
  2. Flight of Passage is also still a pretty hard get as well. I got that one on Day 66 (May 31st) and I wanted 11 am and had to settle for about 1 pm. There's still quite a few times available for that day but they are around 1:30 and later for a party of 4. Even for a party of 1 the earliest is like 1:05 pm. I didn't search for anything earlier so I have no idea what it looked like this morning for days 60-65.
  3. Tower of Terror is as expected pretty thin as well. Make this a priority after Flight of Passage if you want to ride it at all.
  4. Test Track is weirdly hard to get the right time and I can easily get Frozen? What is this reality?
Overall, it's pretty obvious people have figured out now that if you book fastpasses in the morning you can get more later. And also I can feel a little difference in booking for 4 vs just 2. There were a couple times where I just searched for two sets of 2 people and got the same exact time which is weird but whatever it worked. Maybe it's all the added offsite people and some of them are in the know. Maybe it's just searching for 2 is easy mode. I get the feeling it won't be that slow this summer, but I could be wrong. Buckle up folks, it's almost time!
This is all really good information. We arrive on the 31st, so Monday is my FP day. Spreadsheet is ready to go! :cool1:

Thank you… This is very helpful but also very stressful LOL
My FP day is Sat April 6

Thank you… This is very helpful but also very stressful LOL
My FP day is Sat April 6

I swear making FPs are my least favorite part. The website just is not that good. I swear I click the wrong thing every time and I know what I'm doing. I can only imagine what people think if it's their first time ever or in a while. I should also update my post to say just check to be sure everyone is on your friends list and has tickets or else your friends might hate you if you call them at 6 am. Not that I would have any experience with that...

WELL!!! No more smoking, no more large strollers and stroller wagons. Heading over to Facebook to watch people lose their minds. popcorn::

Inquiring minds want to know! Also GOOD FINALLY. I hate smoking and my son hates giant strollers.

Woohoo! We are already booked for August but just found out I have a work conference in Orlando the end of June so DW is going to fly down after I am done (without the little one hahah). We are just waiting for her to get vacation approval. As of now we are June 20-23 at POP. Never been in June before (or stayed at POP) so I am curious to see how it compares but excited none the less!

Ok, DW's day off has been officially approved so we are all systems go!

QQ, do you guys know what happens if I book the Magical Express but do not use it? We snagged a 10am Brunch at CG on our departure day and I am thinking that we might miss our Magical Express call time and would end up taking an uber to the airport instead. I would like to keep the Magical Express in case we do make it (to save a few bucks) but I dont want to book it if missing it has some sort of penalty.

Thanks!

You're in! And I don't think there's a financial penalty there. But they do want you to notify them you won't be going. Personally, and this is just me, I would just use Uber because you never know if you'll be first or last or inbetween. If you don't show they will still wait some time for you and that causes delay in the whole system. But I only know that based on other posts on the DIS and I have never used DME to return to the airport. Just my 2c!

June thread!!

We are an August family every year so it feels weird to be in the June thread lol

We are doing 11 days at Pop! June 5-16 then 4 days at Universal after that.

Looking fwd to EMM at MK on 6/9 and EMM at DHS on 6/12

crossing fingers for DAH to get announced for some time during our trip.

normally we plan 6 months out but this trip just came together this week. We were still able to get 4 BOG including 2 PPO if the opening doesn't change to 8am.

look forward to conversing with y'all

Welcome! I think you'll find it very similar, maybe a little more busy as people are fleeing the school year and celebrating graduations and such. But at least there's "less" threat for hurricanes, I guess. We also do a split with Disney and Universal and it's a great time.

Hello all! I'm a first time traveller in June! It'll be my first trip in the early summer, August is my usual. I got a cast member friend that's invited me so the two of us will be going June 4-8! I can't wait..! I didn't think I'd get to see the World in 2019!

Wow lots of August refugees over here! I hope you have a splendid time with your CM friend, it's a great thing that you're gonna make it there this year!

Last edited:

How many days are you staying for?

Inquiring minds want to know! Also GOOD FINALLY. I hate smoking and my son hates giant strollers.
Was not disappointed. The comments under the link to Jackie Gailey's article are EXACTLY what you'd expect, with lots and lots of secondary comment arguments about scooters and people who don't really need them. OH, and if they're going to ban smoking, they should ban alcohol.

As Dave Shute likes to say, the only two things Disney fans disagree on are when Disney does something, and when Disney doesn't do something. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Hello all! I'm a first time traveller in June! It'll be my first trip in the early summer, August is my usual. I got a cast member friend that's invited me so the two of us will be going June 4-8! I can't wait..! I didn't think I'd get to see the World in 2019!
Yeah I guess is my usual also.
NEWS: Disney After Hours June Dates Added to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios (Edited to update)
hhttps://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q2wo0328190006A

I'll also be posting this on page 1.

Edit: I booked Magic Kingdom for May 30th because I'm a sucker lol. But this is one I've always wanted to do and hey DVC/AP discount helps.
I’m very happy about this I was just cribbing about this last night. I’m going to book animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios… Magic Kingdom is not in our vacation timeframe though, Which is sad because it’s the best value out of all of them in my opinion

So I should probably ask this on the fastpass page but what does it mean when people talk about 60+3(or 4, 5, etc)? My 60 day window will open April 2 and I'll be ready but I was wondering what this meant.

So I should probably ask this on the fastpass page but what does it mean when people talk about 60+3(or 4, 5, etc)? My 60 day window will open April 2 and I'll be ready but I was wondering what this meant.
60 days is your fast pass window to begin book all your FP. 60+3,4,5 etc refers to 3rd day, 4th day of the vacation etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter