***Official June 2022 Thread***

It’s so nerve racking, right? When the govt announced more free tests I ordered the max and have them packed, just in case. My oldest is maid of honor at a wedding the Saturday before we leave on Friday and I have DARED her to get any closer to anyone than she absolutely has to.
Yes! We have the max amount of free tests too, plus a couple more I got from our HMO. I've got some of those packed, and I'm leaving a few at home for when we get back. I've told DS that he is to keep his mask on indoors at all times, keep his distance from everyone as much as possible, wash his hands constantly, and do everything he possibly can to stay healthy. He rolled his eyes at first until I told him that if he gets sick but I'm healthy, I'm going and I will leave him at home with DH (who never comes on Disney trips because he hates them).

I get free tests from work and while I test weekly, I have been hoarding the extras away just for travel purposes :rotfl2:

19 days for us! It's starting to feel real!

I changed our hotel to French Quarter (because I'm biased and it's my favorite....oops lol) and I made our transportation arrangements to/from the airport. We're doing Mears Connect coming in because our flight is supposed to get in at 8:45 pm and while I wanted to do the Sunshine Flyer both ways it eased my anxiety a bit to use a service that runs 24/7 coming in in case our flight gets delayed and doesn't get in until later (which happened to both myself and my friend when we flew this fall). We're doing Sunshine Flyer coming back to the airport. So far both companies have been easy to work with online (paid for the transportation and then like 2 days later the FQ room became available so I had to change our pick up/drop off locations)!

Now to pack lol. I'm at the beach Saturday into Sunday this week but then the packing begins!

13 days here!!

We also booked the Mears Connect — curious to try it!

We are packing this weekend! Eek!

I had my 2nd Covid booster a week ago (a plus of being over 50! lol) so I’m hoping to make it through the trip Covid free.

My oldest daughter is an RN on the Covid unit so she’ll be bringing hand sanitizer and masks for transportation etc. I plan to just follow her lead. She’s been handling Covid cases for over 2 years now w/o an infection herself so I trust her recommendations!

I changed our hotel to French Quarter (because I'm biased and it's my favorite....oops lol) and I made our transportation arrangements to/from the airport.l
Maybe we’ll run into each other- we’re at FQ the 17-25!

I just placed what I HOPE is our last Amazon order. My girls are HUGE marvel fans and are super excited about Guardians being open. HOWEVER, motion sickness. So meclizine, sea bands, motion sickness patches and ginger ordered. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:

Maybe we’ll run into each other- we’re at FQ the 17-25!

I just placed what I HOPE is our last Amazon order. My girls are HUGE marvel fans and are super excited about Guardians being open. HOWEVER, motion sickness. So meclizine, sea bands, motion sickness patches and ginger ordered. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I have one bag of all my motion sickness supplies, too! I bring my own barf bags with me now after an unpleasant experience on a DLR trip. So bummed that I'm getting more sensitive as I get older. I love roller coasters but I can't ride them as much anymore.

Ugh!! DS just found out that one of his close friends has C-19. This kid was at our house on Monday and was inconsistent in his mask wearing. My anxiety is spiking!! :headache::mad:
Ugh is right!!!! I am sorry. Good thing we’ve got all those tests, right? How long until you leave?

What is it with the kids and getting sick right before going on vacation? This is the second time my daughter has Gotten sick right before a Disney vacation. She just found out she has strep throat! 😂😂. I swear it stinks but I can’t help but laugh at the irony. We’ve been waiting over a year for this trip and right before we go is when people decide to get sick.

Ugh is right!!!! I am sorry. Good thing we’ve got all those tests, right? How long until you leave?

We fly out on the 11th. So far DS is testing negative, but we know that it could be a few days before anything starts to show up in the tests. We're all boosted to the max and careful about masking, and we had an air purifier running with the front door open while DS's friends were over, so I'm trying to stay hopeful. We've been planning this trip since March 2019, and I am so ready to finally be back!!!

We fly out on the 11th. So far DS is testing negative, but we know that it could be a few days before anything starts to show up in the tests. We're all boosted to the max and careful about masking, and we had an air purifier running with the front door open while DS's friends were over, so I'm trying to stay hopeful. We've been planning this trip since March 2019, and I am so ready to finally be back!!!
You’ve got some time. Breathe, mama! You’ve done all you can. Sending negative (tests) your way!😂

Y’all we are 3 weeks away from our trip today!! And we are *finally* going to tell our son (7yo) about it tomorrow…I think he’s going to lose his mind a little 😅 I’ve been going nuts keeping it a secret for over six months now!

Also, my reservation finder has come through three times (Ohana, Space 220, and Jiko) so we officially have every reservation I wanted! Getting so so so excited!!

Also, genius idea to pack Covid tests, adding that to my list now!

Y’all we are 3 weeks away from our trip today!! And we are *finally* going to tell our son (7yo) about it tomorrow…I think he’s going to lose his mind a little 😅 I’ve been going nuts keeping it a secret for over six months now!
How’d it go?

@coloredimage Hope you had a great beach trip!

@ImarriedGrumpy everyone well??

11. Days. Y’all. (Hi from Southwest Va!😂)

Anyone else get “my house has to be clean before vacation, even stuff I haven’t touched in a year? I mean with all the WDW stuff I have to do why is cleaning out our linen closet on my to do list today?

I really need to get all the toiletries/meds completely packed and try to pack our park bags today. Downloaded playlists and podcasts to my phone, cleared out all stuff for more phone storage, put cork sealer on my Birkenstocks, and got a new phone case because mine was broken and screen cover scratched and was in desperate need of replacing.

Hi guys!! I’m still in need of a few June Recreation Calendars… if anyone will be at the following resorts, I’d truly appreciate it if you can take a picture of the resort calendar for me, please. Thank you and have fun!!
  • All Star Sports
  • Art of Animation Resort
  • Coronado Springs Resort
  • Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Grand Floridian Resort/VGF
  • Hilton Head Island Resort
  • Old Key West Resort
  • Saratoga Springs Resort
  • Wilderness Lodge/CCV/BRV

Well DS now has some kind of horrible sinus cold that's going around, but still testing negative for C-19. We kept him home from school today, but he needs to go tomorrow for the 8th grade promotion rehearsal and to turn in his textbooks. I'm running air purifiers non-stop in the house, taking all the immune supplements (and have DS taking them too), and practically bathing in sanitizer. Our bags are mostly packed, we're finalizing our ride priority lists (trying to get all the non-DLR stuff first), and confirmed our airport transfers. I made a little pin board to hang on our door at CBR for pin trading, and finally got DS to pack his clothes.
I just want us to be healthy by Saturday for our 10 hour travel day!

That mess went around here last month. Sending good wishes that he feels much better soon, can’t imagine flying with that mess. You’re doing all that you can… Breathe… outside 🥹
I wanted to shake DS - like, seriously, did he not hear me say to wash his hands like a maniac and drink a ton of water and take his vitamins and wear his mask and for the love of Mickey, don't get sick?! I had to be the calm mom instead, since I could see him starting to freak out. Thankfully he's feeling better after 36 hours of total rest and lots of fluids. Still a lot of sinus gunk to drain out, but he's got his energy back and says his head doesn't feel as horrible as it did yesterday morning.

But oh my goodness, after 3+ years of planning and dreaming, we're in the single digit dance zone!!!! :cool1:

I wanted to shake DS - like, seriously, did he not hear me say to wash his hands like a maniac and drink a ton of water and take his vitamins and wear his mask and for the love of Mickey, don't get sick?! I had to be the calm mom instead, since I could see him starting to freak out. Thankfully he's feeling better after 36 hours of total rest and lots of fluids. Still a lot of sinus gunk to drain out, but he's got his energy back and says his head doesn't feel as horrible as it did yesterday morning.

But oh my goodness, after 3+ years of planning and dreaming, we're in the single digit dance zone!!!! :cool1:
I’m soooo stealing “for the love of Mickey!”

When it went around here, a lot of people had relief and got better faster using a Neti pot. I can’t do them, my brain says in drowning and suffocating, but thought I’d throw that out there.

I’ll single digit dance with/for you :Pinkbounc:dance3:

How’d it go?
DS was *so* excited!! He didn’t believe us at first 😂 We did a little scavenger hunt of various Mickey items hidden around the house and the big reveal was a letter from Mickey telling him he would see him soon, and DS was like, “Wait…did you know about this?? Are we really going?? In real life??” It was super cute 🥹 I’m so excited I finally get to talk about it openly in front of him now 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter