***Official June 2022 Thread***

I’m soooo stealing “for the love of Mickey!”

When it went around here, a lot of people had relief and got better faster using a Neti pot. I can’t do them, my brain says in drowning and suffocating, but thought I’d throw that out there.

I’ll single digit dance with/for you :Pinkbounc:dance3:

I use a sinus rinse thing that is similar to a neti pot, and I love it - I use it every morning and has really made a difference with my allergies and other sinus issues. When I start to feel sick I switch to twice a day and I think it helps get over it faster, too. But DS can't handle it - I think he's like you - he starts to feel like he's drowning and hates it. He does like making a little steaming tent - hanging over a bowl of hot water with a towel over his head to trap the steam in, and we add a little peppermint oil/eucalyptus oil/and or other menthol-ish type stuff to help loosen everything up. We're pulling out all the tricks to get him healthy ASAP - he's drinking herbal tea, he's drinking chicken broth, he's even showering daily! And I'm staying as far away from him as I can and sanitizing everything he's touched because I do NOT want to be sick at Disney!!!! Keep those germs to yourself, kid! :rotfl:

DS was *so* excited!! He didn’t believe us at first 😂 We did a little scavenger hunt of various Mickey items hidden around the house and the big reveal was a letter from Mickey telling him he would see him soon, and DS was like, “Wait…did you know about this?? Are we really going?? In real life??” It was super cute 🥹 I’m so excited I finally get to talk about it openly in front of him now 😅
That’s sooo sweet! I miss the days of little ones and surprises. At 15 and 22, my first obsess over the planning like their momma so we have fun from day 1. Last time I surprised anyone was my youngest in 2018 that we’d be in WDW Christmas/ New Years. We kept it from her until about 3 weeks before. Sweet memories! He’s at a great Disney age!

We have a reservation for Oga's, my family isn't going to go now, but our 4 other friends that will be with us are going to go instead. I was able to modify it to 4 people, but it's keeping me as the primary. Will it be a problem for them if they show up with out me? It will be 4 people and the ADR is for 4

Well DS now has some kind of horrible sinus cold that's going around, but still testing negative for C-19. We kept him home from school today, but he needs to go tomorrow for the 8th grade promotion rehearsal and to turn in his textbooks. I'm running air purifiers non-stop in the house, taking all the immune supplements (and have DS taking them too), and practically bathing in sanitizer. Our bags are mostly packed, we're finalizing our ride priority lists (trying to get all the non-DLR stuff first), and confirmed our airport transfers. I made a little pin board to hang on our door at CBR for pin trading, and finally got DS to pack his clothes.
I just want us to be healthy by Saturday for our 10 hour travel day!

Oh no! I hope he feels better quickly! I got a sinus infection with the flu last month (I was just able to slow down after a very busy winter/early spring and was IMMEDIATELY sick) and it is not fun. Just drinking hot water and doing hot showers to help steam out my sinuses really helped me.

Our weekend away was just what we all needed! Now, yesterday was our 2 week mark, there's 7 and a half more school days left of the year, and I'm so excited to start fully shifting gears to Disney mode!

DS definitely is on the mend - he's back to yelling at his friends in his 14-year-old-boy-my-voice-is-still-changing squawk while they have a group call and play video games together. :rolleyes2 He's now occasionally coughing up the gunk that's draining, so we have dubbed him Sir Wannahockaloogie and continue to make him drink vast quantities of water and herbal tea.
I'm at the "what have I forgotten to pack?!" and "Am I bringing too much stuff?" stage of packing, and our group is currently discussing what snacks/breakfast foods to buy at our Publix stop between Universal and WDW. We discovered that there's a Dunkin Donuts in the same shopping center as the Publix we're going to, and the 16 yr old has declared that she's running there to buy a dozen donuts and no one can stop her. :rotfl:

Hi all! We are flying down this Saturday (6/11) and I am currently freaking out about the weather forecast! I totally didn't think about the afternoon thunderstorm factor when I booked our flights and now Saturday is looking like "widespread" storms in the afternoon in Orlando. Is anyone flying down on Saturday and how are you preparing?

I know it is what it is, it's weather. Just hoping we can still get there at some point on Saturday even if there are delays...

So is anyone else pricing next year yet? Just me? 😂
😂

I haven't even figured out my October trip to USO yet lol! I'm hoping the stars align so I can start going back in April again starting next year though!

Hi all! We are flying down this Saturday (6/11) and I am currently freaking out about the weather forecast! I totally didn't think about the afternoon thunderstorm factor when I booked our flights and now Saturday is looking like "widespread" storms in the afternoon in Orlando. Is anyone flying down on Saturday and how are you preparing?

I know it is what it is, it's weather. Just hoping we can still get there at some point on Saturday even if there are delays...

Oh no! Hopefully everything works out for the best! Safe travels!

We are driving this time, just wanted to send some hugs your way. I know how stressful that worry is. What time are you supposed to land?

We are driving this time, just wanted to send some hugs your way. I know how stressful that worry is. What time are you supposed to land?
Thank you for your thoughts! Landing at 4:10 PM, prime time for the afternoon storms. :scared: I am kicking myself for not booking a morning flight instead. They were just so much more expensive and I honestly didn't even think of it.

It looks like it's supposed to clear in the early evening so hopefully we can still get in that day/night even if we're delayed. I should not worry about it since I can't control it but I can't help myself!

We're flying tomorrow too, but not supposed to land until almost 7pm. Hopefully the storms won't impact our flight - it's a long day for us already with getting up at 4am PDT and three legs of the trip.

DS had his 8th grade graduation yesterday, my last day as a full-time nanny to an adorable but spicy 2 yr old was today, and we are frantically packing all the last minute stuff (minus the few things we need in the morning like inhalers that we have to pack last last last minute....). DS is mostly better, but has some seriously nasty sinus gunk that is still draining out. At least he's down to only 1/4 of a box of tissues a day instead of emptying two every 24 hours. But poor kid is going to need decongestants and pain meds to make it through the flights with this lingering sinus gunk. I tried to convince him to do my sinus rinse but he said it felt too much like drowning. Oh well. At least he's healthy enough to fly and his doctor said as long as he practices good hygiene he won't be spreading it to others. I've equipped him with an excessive amount of hand sanitizer and I'm going to make sure he uses it.

It looks like it's supposed to clear in the early evening so hopefully we can still get in that day/night even if we're delayed. I should not worry about it since I can't control it but I can't help myself!
My daughter is in her Masters to get her counseling degree and this is her motto to me all the time- “Can you do anything to change the outcome? Then it’s not your burden to bear right now. Lay it down, so you have the strength and clarity to deal with the burden if it does come.” While it’s hard and frustrating, I like the framing mentally. I hope you have a safe flight and a FABULOUS trip!
But poor kid is going to need decongestants and pain meds to make it through the flights with this lingering sinus gunk. I tried to convince him to do my sinus rinse but he said it felt too much like drowning. Oh well.
That will be SUCH a long day, I’m sorry you couldn’t get it better. But it’s finally here!!! I understand his viewpoint, for sure. I hope he gets through the day, then it’s Disney TIME!!! Have a fabulous trip!

Hope everyone is getting in safely and enjoying their trip if it has already started! We're a week out now from flying in and excited that we'll defo be coming with the testing now dropped! :banana: don't get me wrong, we're self isolating as much as possible and will test before we travel just to make sure but it's one less stress for us now. Seeing the single digit countdown the best! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter