Official L Word Thread

I am sooo hooked! I didn't watch any of this season's episodes... until last weekend... Thanks to Show on Demand I caught up on all the episodes last weekend and now.. wow.. I have to say that I actually am enjoying this season's plotline.. it does get a bit unbelievable at times.. but hey.. it always was... but it is a great show.. :thumbsup2

Can't wait till the west coast catches up so we can discuss the episode.. :teeth:

Kathy

I love shane and carmen together! Why do they have to mess with them? This show has a little too much drama! Maybe it's just me but I would like to see a few happy people. I missed last nights episode, I choose to sleep instead! I hope it will be better then the week before.

I thought last night rocked. Well-scripted (loved the parallelisms). Tight. Action-packed. Maybe they intentionally started with a slow burn and are now letting it catch!

Viki I totally agree with you! I loved last nighs show! I was soooo proud of Alice for standing up to Dana's parents and taking Laura in! It looks like we finally go good ol Alice back, and it totally brought tears to my eyes when they held hands. Bette got a little bit on my nerves when she kept asking Tina about the man thing. But I was totally cracking up when they caught her and Angus! Awesome show....keeping my fingers crosses that it stays this way the res of the season! :woohoo:

Valentine said:
I am sooo hooked! I didn't watch any of this season's episodes... until last weekend... Thanks to Show on Demand I caught up on all the episodes last weekend and now.. wow.. I have to say that I actually am enjoying this season's plotline.. it does get a bit unbelievable at times.. but hey.. it always was... but it is a great show.. :thumbsup2

Can't wait till the west coast catches up so we can discuss the episode.. :teeth:

Kathy

Go ahead and discuss, i can't watch it until Tuesday, another 16 hour shift.

We just watched last night. It was great ... I'm totally back into it! :thumbsup2 The stories are entertaining, some heartbreaking. We're really seeing some amazing acting from Erin Daniels and Leisha Hailey. Love them!

Speaking of Leisha Haley: did anyone catch her in that yogurt commercial? Yoplait, I believe. Her hair is darker and she's just...well, talking about yogurt! I caught it this morning, quite odd to see her in there.

I can't wait for one of the later Season 3 episodes, my friends have a cameo in it. It will be really odd to see them up there!

Ok, I finally got around to watching this one and I have to say that the L Word seems to be back on track! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see what the next episode brings. Maggie

Maybe this has been asked before, but how many of the guys are into the L Word? My partner and I (both gay men) love the show. My favorites are Alice and Dana. I loved Morina (sp?), but sadly she's gone.

OK, I gotta post..
Seems like the writers are back on track here, I have to say I think I enjoyed the whole thing last night!!
I just question.. Is jenny Bi- or not... I mean if she helps Moira become Max, will she still stay with him, once he's a he?? And then what up with Max/moira and Billy.. Does that mean he will like guys now?? hmm, I guess they are still finding out about themselves too... lol

I am equally confused about the Moira/Max thing too. But I guess thats how we are supposed to feel, they are defiantely taking us to a place where we have to think about the differences between gender and sexuality.

I loved the episode last night though. It's getting kind of Melrose place'ish lol. My favorite line last night was when Mangus, said "Who's f-ing Josh (whoever)?" And Bette said "Tina!" We were rolling! And I was soooo glad she didn't sleep with Josh, I mean really, what an idiot.

Can't wait till next week when Carmen has her dream and wakes up pissed! :rotfl2: Been there, done that!

WOOOO HOOOO just had to post again so my 100th post could be here.....finally!! Maybe I'm close to losing my mouseketeer status? Or maybe getting a tag??? LOL

We liked the episode. I agree with the Melrose Place-ishness of it! (What a great show that was, btw.) :)

One thing I didn't like was how they ran Laura off. I really liked her with Dana. The Max/Moira/Jenny storyline confuses us too! I'm glad Billy is gone; what a sleazy character. And just the fact that Tina was ready and willing to have sex with Josh didn't agree with me. I don't know how Bette, being such a strong, dominant woman, would continue living with her knowing at any moment she could be gone to the dark side ;)

My 2 cents for this week!!

OK, now THAT was a good episode!
It took me a while to figure out the whole thing with Carmen, though. (I'm slow...) The whole time I was yelling at Carmen through the TV..."YOU'RE the one who had the dream!! It's YOUR brain that conjured up those images, not Shane's!!" But then I finally realized...it wasn't the dream itself that upset Carmen so much...but the fact that Shane's actions are what CAUSED her to have the dream. DUH!

The only thing I found really just not right was the whole scene when the case worker was just "conveniently" in the neighborhood and dropped by just in time to catch the little conversation between Bette and Tina. That was cheesy. But I'm glad Bette is coming to her senses with Tina. Hopefully they will continue to stay civil with each other for the baby's sake.

At first when I saw where the Alice/Dana thing was going, I thought it might be a little awkward and forced. But I'm really liking what's going on with them. It's so beautiful to see them interact. It's just so real and touching. I liked Dana with Laura, but it just seems right and natural with Dana and Alice.

I'm still intrigued by the Jenny/Max thing. It seems so confusing. At first I hated the feeling of "uneasiness" that surrounded the Moira/Max character. But now I'm seeing that it's intentional. They want you to feel a bit of what someone like Moira/Max feels every day. It must be hell to live your life locked in a body that you can't identify with. They are trying to make you "feel" it in much the same way they wanted you to "feel" what Jenny was going through last season. I liked the little exchanges between Max and Dana.

Anyway, overall I thought the episode was a great one!
-Christal

ChrizJen said:
OK, now THAT was a good episode!

I'm still intrigued by the Jenny/Max thing. It seems so confusing. At first I hated the feeling of "uneasiness" that surrounded the Moira/Max character. But now I'm seeing that it's intentional. They want you to feel a bit of what someone like Moira/Max feels every day. It must be hell to live your life locked in a body that you can't identify with. They are trying to make you "feel" it in much the same way they wanted you to "feel" what Jenny was going through last season. I liked the little exchanges between Max and Dana.

Anyway, overall I thought the episode was a great one!
-Christal

I agree, great episode. And I totally get the Moira/Max thing. One of our best friends a few years back underwent gender reassignment surgery and I learned through the whole process how deeply confusing the biology/gender/sexuality thing can be. Also, personally, I've caught glimpses of how life feels on both teams and while I'm definately and unequivacably playing on just one, there are certainly men in my life who've had lots of what I think of as female energy that I could become confused by :)

So how many episodes left, just as I'm getting sucked back in???

OK, the last two seasons had 13 episodes, and the last one was episode 8, so hmm, if my math is right....perhaps 5 more, unless they are going to do more??

OK, i got this from Afterellen.com (good web site for those of you who haven't seen it)

I didn't see this mentioned here, forgive me if it was. This was dated Feb 2, 2006
"Citing "a ratings explosion in season 3", Showtime announced today that it has ordered a fourth season of The L Word, the lesbian drama created by Ilene Chaiken."

mickeem said:
OK, i got this from Afterellen.com (good web site for those of you who haven't seen it)

I didn't see this mentioned here, forgive me if it was. This was dated Feb 2, 2006
"Citing "a ratings explosion in season 3", Showtime announced today that it has ordered a fourth season of The L Word, the lesbian drama created by Ilene Chaiken."

YES!! I heard this too on Sirius OutQ a few days ago!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo:

Did anyone notice Helena being served at the end? I can't believe it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter