*OFFICIAL MARCH 2010 THREAD* - Lets countdown together!

We're here and having fun! Went to AK yesterday. Got a big chunk of our touring plan done before the rain came. Went ahead and rode Everest twice in the rain, and Kali another time in the rain. LOL We'll try and get back to see Lion King and the conservation area before our week is up.
\

Tomorrow...Hollywood Studios!

Were here too! I love having 3G network because we have a modem that makes our cellphone a wireless router. SO NEAT. Today we did Epcot with the kids, went pretty well, got fast passes for Soarin first thing, played on the playgrounds alot since we have a three year old, and then hit Soarin right before lunch bypassing the 90 minute wait! Ok I LOVED Soarin so much, but unfortunately, I went to stand up afterwards and was severely motion sick. It didnt hit me till I landed. Bought Bonine for tomorrow. Also, I got queasy on the Energy ride, so it has to be the visual stuff makes me so ill. It takes 4-10 minutes and its completely gone. I hate this! But I refuse to let it ruin my fun.

Yesterday we we in the torrential rain at MK. It POURED. We had our trusty ponchos, but unfortunately my aunt and uncle did not, and they had to separate from us for a while, and we hit laugh floor and Buzz. Then we hit Crystal Palace for a GREAT dinner... good food there, wow.... and kept our kids up till 11 watching spectro magic and fireworks. We left Epcot tonight before illuminations because they were just DONE and so were we.

Weve had lots of magical moments... Cast members sword fighting in the rain with just my kids outside POC, belly dancers dancing with my kids, everyone bowing to my daughter after bibbiti bobbiti...too many to count, but starting us off for our first one was a free upgrade from a standard room to a themed Nemo room right near the pool. Dont ask... I don't know how it happened, but this room is so unbelievably clean and nice, and the beds are so comfortable! I love love love CBR and think everyone needs to stay here at least once in their life.

Off to bed! Were having so much fun!:wizard::woohoo:pirate:

TOmorrow is our Luau at the Poly I am sure we will hit more magic!

We are pretty much packed. This is breaking a record in our house. We usually set a time to leave and then exceed that by at least 2 hours. After much pleading and begging, DH finally comes home late from work and starts packing while the kids and I sit in the car. Well, not THIS trip. Hubby actually packed all of his stuff (minus toiletries). We decided to skip suitcases this year and use one large space bag. We were able to fit clothes for 6 people in one bag. By the time we were done, the bag went from above my knee to mid shin. Tomorrow I get the car serviced and buy the remaining items on my list. We WILL leave on time this year. :cool1: Of course we will have to circle the block twice to make sure the garage door went down. :rotfl: Hubby is a bit OCD

I had to laugh :rotfl: about the 2 hours it takes you to leave. decades of experience has taught me that before any car trip, especially one to Disney, it takes us 4 hours from alarm clock to driving away. We ALWAYS have to return for something so I hate to take the toll road out. I'd rather not pay Dulles Greenway prices and then have to turn around. I have a list, 2 pages, that I clip to my clipboard. The clipboard opens for a place to keep papers such as confirmations, printed trip plan, ressies etc. I carefully read through the list, checking off items that have been packed, then ask the kids in the back to verify that each bag is in the back and if certain things are in the bags. We use suitcases for our clothes but canvas boat bags and shopping bags for the non-clothing items. I have a pre-packed train case that I've been using and updating for almost 3 decades! Since I was a teen. At least I know that important toiletries and small accessories such as Tylenol, bandaids, nail scissors etc cannot be left behind.

I've already got items staged all over the living room. Tomorrow I can start picking out clothes for myself and DD7 and maybe even pack them into the suitcase, but suitcase packing might be for Thursday. At least items will be set aside in laundry baskets tomorrow. Thursday I'll start packing the picnic lunches. We leave Saturday morning as early as can be possible with a 4 hour turnover time. :woohoo:

Were here too! I love having 3G network because we have a modem that makes our cellphone a wireless router. SO NEAT. Today we did Epcot with the kids, went pretty well, got fast passes for Soarin first thing, played on the playgrounds alot since we have a three year old, and then hit Soarin right before lunch bypassing the 90 minute wait! Ok I LOVED Soarin so much, but unfortunately, I went to stand up afterwards and was severely motion sick. It didnt hit me till I landed. Bought Bonine for tomorrow. Also, I got queasy on the Energy ride, so it has to be the visual stuff makes me so ill. It takes 4-10 minutes and its completely gone. I hate this! But I refuse to let it ruin my fun.

Yesterday we we in the torrential rain at MK. It POURED. We had our trusty ponchos, but unfortunately my aunt and uncle did not, and they had to separate from us for a while, and we hit laugh floor and Buzz. Then we hit Crystal Palace for a GREAT dinner... good food there, wow.... and kept our kids up till 11 watching spectro magic and fireworks. We left Epcot tonight before illuminations because they were just DONE and so were we.

Weve had lots of magical moments... Cast members sword fighting in the rain with just my kids outside POC, belly dancers dancing with my kids, everyone bowing to my daughter after bibbiti bobbiti...too many to count, but starting us off for our first one was a free upgrade from a standard room to a themed Nemo room right near the pool. Dont ask... I don't know how it happened, but this room is so unbelievably clean and nice, and the beds are so comfortable! I love love love CBR and think everyone needs to stay here at least once in their life.

Off to bed! Were having so much fun!:wizard::woohoo:pirate:

TOmorrow is our Luau at the Poly I am sure we will hit more magic!

My husband is bringing our wireless router with us. After researching multi-media phones and Droids, we learned that we can't make such a decision before Disney so we'll have to do without Mobile Magic.

You will LOVE the Luau at the Poly! It was very expensive for a family of 4 adults and 1 child, but we did it in 2007 and I'm glad we did.

Have fun..... Pray to the sun-god.. I think he's over in the Mexico pavilion! :yay:

2 days left. Still need to preorder my Photopass CD, book photo session, find spray on sunscreen....but that's it. I can't believe we're already packed & ready to go. A first for us! Can't wait for 11 days of beautiful, Florida sunshine. :lovestruc

I'm all prepared with my lime green mickey heads. I'll be decorating our windows at the ASMovies. ;)

We leave in three days :cool1: I still have a lot of packing to do but went last night and got all the last minute things.

...til our surprise birthday trip for DS. Today I took off of work so that I could pack while the kids were as school. I got both of them completely packed up with clothes that I sneaked out of the laundry and their drawers. Believe me, their drawers and closets are such a mess that they'll never miss what I snitched!

I've picked out and stacked up everything I plan to wear. Then, I'm going to pack up all of the snacks and sundries that I've been stashing away. Then all that will be left will be DH to pack his clothes (after the kids are in bed tonight) and for me to pack all of the toiletries.

We'll leave the house at about 10:30 am to pick up DD from school. Then, we'll pick up the birthday boy from school and hit the road.

Our drive is about 6 1/2 hours door-to-door. We check in to WL then hit WCC for an 8:05 dinner.

I can't wait to see their faces when they know we're going!!!

Tracie

So how many of my March 2010 buddies will be going again March 2011?? I thought it would be a no for us but DH said he wants to go again next March and for us to do our annual weekend away in WDW just him and I!!! Of course that means I get to continue to add a day or 2 to our Dec trip out of guilt for leaving the kids LOL

So how many of my March 2010 buddies will be going again March 2011?? I thought it would be a no for us but DH said he wants to go again next March and for us to do our annual weekend away in WDW just him and I!!! Of course that means I get to continue to add a day or 2 to our Dec trip out of guilt for leaving the kids LOL

We'll be back March 4-13, 2011.

I can't believe how close I am- weather is looking good- packing is almost finished- I'm so ready!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

We leave in two days and my younger daughter was not feeling well yesterday and now I woke up sick. I am really hoping that my husband and other daughter don't get it and that we are better by Friday. I just saw that they have the Wishes Dessert Party back on March 28th I am thinking of booking it.

We leave tomorrow and I am sick, hoping I feel better because it is going to make for a very long car ride

Well...now going on 4 nights with minimal sleep. Not sure how DD is going to do on the train. She's full of energy during the day with a runny nose but at night can't sleep a lick! What to do, what to do..... :confused3

Since it's now after midnight.... WE LEAVE TODAY!!! AH!!! I'm so excited!

Kind of stinks that I'll have to work on a couple of school papers while I'm there (only at night after the parks, though, haha), but it's still going to be so much fun!

My little brother was SO SURPRISED! :scared1: HAHA! I went over to my Mom's place after work and told him that I was feeling so burnt out about school and I just needed a break so I was going to Disney TOMORROW to just take a break from it all. He goes, "You are? Tomorrow? No you're not. That's not fair!" LOL, and I go, "Yeah, I am going... and you're coming with me."

He started running around the room, fell on the floor, did a fist pump. Oh man, it was GREAT! I was cracking up! :lmao: It's going to be a great trip! I told him about everything we were doing and he's so looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter