Official March 2022 thread!

We arrive later today (heading to airport in about 45 mins) and just got a call from WDW asking if we wanted a free magical upgrade from POP to French Quarter. While it was fun to get an offer, we are only there for 2 days with just EPCOT and DHS in our plans, so we value the Skyliner over buses. So we passed. Perhaps I should have double checked the map before declining since it's just as close, but we do prefer the skyliner to buses.
I can see why you wanted to keep your reservation. My sister had a two day reservation at Coronado and they offered her Saratoga Springs. She declined but they called her back the next day and offered her GF instead. She took that one. :)

I can see why you wanted to keep your reservation. My sister had a two day reservation at Coronado and they offered her Saratoga Springs. She declined but they called her back the next day and offered her GF instead. She took that one. :)
Uh, yeah!!! We have one night at POP before transferring to BLT, and all our plans revolve around the Skyliner... but if someone called and offered me a night at GF I'd take it too!!! 😂

Do you think these offers are related to housekeeper staff levels?

The fact that reservations are full for our dates doesn’t surprise me. I’ve heard repeatedly that park hopping hasn’t been disrupted by crowds, but that’s one of my worries- that we won’t be able to hop as planned. Most of our hopping is to EPCOT and I’m not worried about those, but we have some hopping to MK as well. We are staying at GF, so if we have to hang at the hotel for a bit between hopping, that would be ok, just don’t want to get locked out of MK.

Woke up this morning to my reservation having disappeared from MDE!, and it won’t re-link!! It’s gonna be a long day. . .
😭😭😭

Last edited:
The fact that reservations are full for our dates doesn’t surprise me. I’ve heard repeatedly that park hopping hasn’t been disrupted by crowds, but that’s one of my worries- that we won’t be able to hop as planned. Most of our hopping is to EPCOT and I’m not worried about those, but we have some hopping to MK as well. We are staying at GF, so if we have to hang at the hotel for a bit between hopping, that would be ok, just don’t want to get locked out of MK.
I really wouldn’t worry about this. The odds of being shut out from hopping Is basically zero.

Either hours were extended for the week of the 20th, or I just haven't updated my planning docs yet, which is totally possible!
I think Disney usually updates hours on Friday. I got an email yesterday from TP notifying me of hours changes for the week of the 20th.

Hi guys!! I was wondering if you would be able to help me! I started a thread with the intention of compiling monthly Resort Recreation Calendars to help out others for their upcoming trips! I’d truly appreciate it if you can take a picture of the March Resort Activity Calendar during your resort stay and share it on the thread! I’d truly appreciate it!! Thank you SO much in advance!! You can visit the thread here:

Monthly Resort Recreation Calendars

I bet! I would have done that. I would even have taken the Caribbean beach. I kept thinking we were dumb not to take it, but I realized that we would have HATED the walk to the buses from the World Showcase which we were doing on Friday night. So felt good about that decision!

When we landed at MCO, got the text that our room was ready....in the 90s! The farthest from the Skyliner. Felt like we were being punished for not taking the "magical upgrade". We decided to stop at the front desk and we were moved to a 50s bldg, so it was worth taking the time to ask.

Has anyone seen the Frontierland Hoedown? It was supposed to be up and going by now (I thought), but when I just looked on Disney's website, I didn't see any information about it.

Did you see the videos of the floods at DHS last night?! I don't mind rain if it keeps the crowds down but hoping we don't have anything like that next week!
I didn’t see the videos but that’s probably for the best lol! Of all things I can control about our trip, the weather isn’t one of them.

I just got a bunch of dining alerts for Thursday, March 31 for Oga's. I am starting to think I am missing something and people are bailing from HS that day? Or maybe they are adding capacity?

I just got a bunch of dining alerts for Thursday, March 31 for Oga's. I am starting to think I am missing something and people are bailing from HS that day? Or maybe they are adding capacity?
I got alerts for March 16/17/18 but they were gone before I could grab them. Maybe just people moving reservations around?

Lol we were in Epcot last night and it was intense. Threw all my planning out the window because it literally would not stop pouring for HOURS. No fireworks, no extended hours, only water 😂

For the bold few who didn't care about being soaked to the bone and swimming around the park (I'm only half kidding... The water was up to my thighs at points), there were really low waits for indoor rides...

We basically swam from Canada to Boardwalk :x

Lol we were in Epcot last night and it was intense. Threw all my planning out the window because it literally would not stop pouring for HOURS. No fireworks, no extended hours, only water 😂

For the bold few who didn't care about being soaked to the bone and swimming around the park (I'm only half kidding... The water was up to my thighs at points), there were really low waits for indoor rides...

We basically swam from Canada to Boardwalk :x
Goodness, how did people handle strollers? Glad you made it safely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter