Official March 2022 thread!

We arrived Thursday 3/3 and have had wonderful weather until last night. We left Disney Springs early/right after we had dinner since it started drizzling. We made it back to OKW and sat on the Rocking Chairs thinking we are here, safe and not far from our room. It was still early enough......boy we should have gone to our room. The skies opened up. Many of us were in the lobby for hours. When we saw it was not going to let up until 2-3 am, we finally gave up. I took off my only pair of sneakers (but have 6 pairs of sandals/flip flops :rolleyes:,), put on our cheap ponchos and finally left the lobby. It was not going to stop until 3 am so we decided to leave a little after 9pm.

Just started pouring again......hopefully no lighting and thundering like last night. Started early and had not left room for our dinner. Staying put.

We did see the news last night showing Hollywood Studios flooded and heard Main Street and Epcot was more or less the same. It is what it is. We make the best of it.

The next few days, unfortunately weather is going to have a very good chance each day. Be prepared.

I ordered extra rain ponchos via Amazon today… let’s call it insurance!
I have my same ponchos I bought in 2015 and they have only been used twice! I call them my "magic ponchos" because whenever I bring them to the parks, it doesn't rain. Let's see if that holds true for next week. :)
We basically swam from Canada to Boardwalk :x
Oh my gosh, that s intense!
The next few days, unfortunately weather is going to have a very good chance each day. Be prepared.
Yikes! Hope the weather sett les down for you!

Lol we were in Epcot last night and it was intense. Threw all my planning out the window because it literally would not stop pouring for HOURS. No fireworks, no extended hours, only water 😂

For the bold few who didn't care about being soaked to the bone and swimming around the park (I'm only half kidding... The water was up to my thighs at points), there were really low waits for indoor rides...

We basically swam from Canada to Boardwalk :x

I was at Epcot too, and the water was almost biblical. It didn’t go up to my thighs but it was definitely past my ankles in several places.

The dining package line for Garden Rocks had just been admitted to the theater when everything broke loose. That kept me under cover for a half hour or so, but then there was no choice but to walk back to the front of the park through the downpour. I’ve been in a lot of rain at WDW but that was an experience to remember!

Lol we were in Epcot last night and it was intense. Threw all my planning out the window because it literally would not stop pouring for HOURS. No fireworks, no extended hours, only water 😂
We were in Epcot last night, too. We saw the Rick Springfield concert at 5:30 and then headed back to the Yacht Club soon after that. It was just starting to rain by the time we got into the resort. We were really glad to be out of the rain. We heard the fireworks go off around 9:30 last night. They have to shoot them off to clear out the explosives or else they have to call the bomb squad to defuse them. At least that's what the cast members told us.

We arrived Thursday 3/3 and have had wonderful weather until last night. We left Disney Springs early/right after we had dinner since it started drizzling. We made it back to OKW and sat on the Rocking Chairs thinking we are here, safe and not far from our room. It was still early enough......boy we should have gone to our room. The skies opened up. Many of us were in the lobby for hours. When we saw it was not going to let up until 2-3 am, we finally gave up. I took off my only pair of sneakers (but have 6 pairs of sandals/flip flops :rolleyes:,), put on our cheap ponchos and finally left the lobby. It was not going to stop until 3 am so we decided to leave a little after 9pm.

Just started pouring again......hopefully no lighting and thundering like last night. Started early and had not left room for our dinner. Staying put.

We did see the news last night showing Hollywood Studios flooded and heard Main Street and Epcot was more or less the same. It is what it is. We make the best of it.

Wow!
We arrive on Sat. we are driving from Tx. but making a stop after 12 hours, so as long as we don't encounter some really bad weather on the way, we should be ok.
We are packing now, and I keep thinking that maybe I should take my rain boots after the videos that we saw from HS and Epcot!.
I keep reminding everyone to take their rain stuff.

Last edited:
Wow!
We arrive on Sat. we are driving from Tx. but making a stop half after 12 hours, so as long as we don't encounter some really bad weather on the way, we should be ok.
We are packing now, and I keep thinking that maybe I should take my rain boots after the videos that we saw from HS and Epcot!.
I keep reminding everyone to take their rain stuff.

As long as you are wearing sandals/shoes that can get wet/you don't mind getting wet - you can wear those when you think the chances of rain are high. Better yet, I have done it a few time, wear your sneakers out (I do now most of the time especially for the parks) and throw a pair of flip flops (thin/light) just in case you get caught in rain that might lasts more than the time you are willing to wait it out in a shop, etc. Wearing flip flops all day in the parks is not good anyway. I learned my lesson years ago when I did it for one of my trips.

I always have my umbrella and ponchos but sometimes we are just caught in it. We forget or don't think we need it.

Good luck and have a great time!!!

Pandora at night is so awesome!! I'm glad I finally got to see it.

I also made a last minute decision to high tail it from AK to Epcot at like 7:30 and I made it in perfect time to see the Spaceship earth show (amazing) and Harmonious (also amazing) since I missed both Monday night during Floodmageddon. Also made it to Trattoria Al Forno in time for our 9:30 ADR!!

But oh my goodness my husband and I are really struggling this trip with like... Foot/ankle/calf pain and we're only like halfway done :x yikes

No park passes left for MK on 3/28! I already learned my lesson not to do MK on Mondays if I can help it, but who knows, maybe that week parks will be at capacity regardless of day.

No park passes left for MK on 3/28! I already learned my lesson not to do MK on Mondays if I can help it, but who knows, maybe that week parks will be at capacity regardless of day.
I'm glad we moved our MK day. Kinda surprised Tuesday wasn't the first to with extended hours. We will be at HS/Epcot instead, fingers crossed the crazy crowds stay in MK lol

Oh no! I am booked that Monday. 🙁

I know it's going to be bad but hopefully we get through it!

Man, the weather forecast next week is making it challenging to know what to pack- a little bit of everything!
We just got back yesterday. I am very glad that I packed an umbrella for both of us. We also made sure that we packed a second pair of shoes in case our regular shoes got soaking wet, which they did on our February trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter