Official May 2011 thread!

5 more days for us!! Anyone else arriving on the last day of May?! Should be interesting ... 9 of us flying!

Just printed our Southwest boarding passes and received positions A17, 18, and 19! We leave bright and early tomorrow morning! Woo-hoo!!! :banana:

We leave TOMORROW to spend a few days in Homossassa, then on to the World on SUNDAY!

Please tell me if I'm right in my thinking, you guys! We are driving to Disney early Sunday morning (2 hour drive from Homossassa). We plan on going straight to the hotel to get our tickets (this is where they'll be, right, since we have a Magic Your Way pacakge?? :rotfl2:), then head to MK, then come back to the hotel where our room will hopefully be ready. I'm wondering if I should do the online check in? Any thoughts on that? THANKS!

It's almost here! Kids have no clue we're going and I'm about to bust! :banana:

We leave TOMORROW to spend a few days in Homossassa, then on to the World on SUNDAY!

Please tell me if I'm right in my thinking, you guys! We are driving to Disney early Sunday morning (2 hour drive from Homossassa). We plan on going straight to the hotel to get our tickets (this is where they'll be, right, since we have a Magic Your Way pacakge?? :rotfl2:), then head to MK, then come back to the hotel where our room will hopefully be ready. I'm wondering if I should do the online check in? Any thoughts on that? THANKS!

When we went in '08 we were able to pick up our passes at Check-in before our room was ready. We went to DHS & when we returned the room was available.

This is my first year using online check-in, (we arrive Monday)I hear it's a lot quicker. There should be a separate line at your resort just for online check-ins, and you only need to show your ID and then be on your way.

Have fun!

Sadly, I'm BA-ACK!! We had a magical time. :wizard: Brought lots of great things back with me and one thing I wish I hadn't--a nasty case of bronchitis! Luckily, it didn't make me miss anything I wanted to do/see/eat. I just drove everyone around me crazy. They probably thought I was gonna cough up a LUNG!!! :rotfl2:
Later this week, after I'm feeling a bit better, I'll try to post a few pictures and maybe start a trip report.

Will be getting off the plane in Orlando 48 hours from now!

So hard to believe the trip is finally here. And here's hoping for good weather next week :)

sadly weve been back 19 days now....but had an awesome trip! except for the er visit for dd. but disney in all their greatness handled it very very well. we arrived may 1st, me the kids and a good friend. may third we went to mk then epcot to see illuminations. ds passed out in the stroller, and dd didnt want to watch them. odd. a few hrs later she was in bed and moaning and then screaming....at that pt i figured it was an ear infection but she wasnt saying what was wrong. i got disney to connect me to the in room docs....a word of advice....do not use them!!!! 450 for a room visit after hrs. between my friend and i we had 402, and they didnt take amex. lovely. after converting some canadian funds my friend and i brought to us after hrs for the front desk at that, the wonderful cm said whats wrong and said why dont we call the paramedics, its free, theyre rite up the street and itll only be five mins for them to get down.

we stayed at ssr and was in the grandstand closest to the bus stop, so a ten minute walk each way. by the time i got back for the fourth time, with a canadian cell phone dying quickly, security had heard the 911 call for us. i applogized for my screaming child, 2 mins later 4 fire fighters came in to check her and did her vitals- no temp, but still screaming. took all our info, informed me the on call docs service would charge me the money then call 911 anyways, costing me 450 for nothing. they suggested we go so they put the ambulace call in. by the time i gathered her, a few supplies(also having them tell me "ma'am, you have some money lying out here." lol), and got to the parking lot a disney manager was waiting on us. she said get a cab back with a receipt and we will reimburse you as we have no way to get you back. the firefighters stayed withus till we got into the ambulance, and gave her a "bracelet" and a stuffed dog....shes still screaming. they strapped her in and off we went. in we went and the hospital was great...she had a double ear infection that actally perforated on the planes home.

by 4 am we were back in our room with the drops from the er and a script. disneys main desk opened at 8 and told me the nite before to drop it off for her and theyd fill it. off i went again at 8 for a walk. they faxed it to turner drugs and delivered it to my room at 12. another manager called to follow up and check on her. by dinner at wcc she was fine and doing pony races around the restaurant. i had never been so scared in my life...nor worried about money and how we'd get her fixed. thank goodness for that first wonderful cm who said dont call them, lets call the paramedics. thankfully it ended up being our day off from the parks so all we missed was breaky with lilo and stitch. i cannot commend disney enough for all they did to help us.

other than that the trip was fab, we got a last minute ressie at mmri, had the same server we had last year, and got everything done we wanted to.

I am patiently :lmao: waiting to check all 5 of us in on Southwest. Then a day of packing, cleaning and a pedi with my sister. :thumbsup2 It is almost here. I cannot wait

I have my work done, house clean, car clean, and have packed the kids suitcases! Tomorrow I will pack DH and my suitcases, and we will be ready to go Tuesday morning! I am beyond excited. I have never in my life packed before the day before a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter