*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

Woke up before the sun to make my dining reservations today! (I swear, I won't do this again! Next trip, I'll just stalk the system or check same day! But, I have DH along for part of this trip and wanted to get some things organized in advance).
I know only you crazy Disney people can appreciate my plans and my success over our 6 day trip:

Beaches & Cream - desert before watching fireworks from skyliner back to CBR.
Via Napoli lunch
Crystal Palace breakfast
Tony's late dinner
Roundup Rodeo dinner
Oga's late drinks
Yak and Yeti lunch
Raglan Road dinner
Biergarten lunch
Space 220 lounge *
Space 220 late dinner (might drop this)
Boma Breakfast

We won't go hungry 😂

* So Space 220 lounge is the only wrinkle. I had never, ever seen a reservation in the system. But I was able to get one! However it is only for 2 guests and I need 3 guests. I even checked for 4. 'll keep stalking and checking. If I have no luck, I'll go day of and check in and see if they can accommodate. I'll beg and plead. But, in the end, if it doesn't work out, I'll send my son and husband to enjoy it.

I'm envious of everyone's ADRs! I'm going with my mom (late 70s) who isn't interested in dining AT ALL (I know, what-the-what!?). Me and my first-world problems... :laughing: But I am seriously jealous.

I'm envious of everyone's ADRs! I'm going with my mom (late 70s) who isn't interested in dining AT ALL (I know, what-the-what!?). Me and my first-world problems... :laughing: But I am seriously jealous.

Oh I understand that! I don't think my husband cares really about food or dining... but I knew he would appreciate some scheduled breaks in the A/C. And, I tried to pick some places that were really good and outside of his Disney expectations of burger/fries.
However, we all know there are some really great meals to be had at quick service and other locations, so you won't loose out on your dining dream even without reservations!

Reactions: KSL
@Jsharp13 - you're so right. I need to focus on the positive: all the great Quick Service places! ::yes::
Can y'all help me with a list!? Here's what I'm thinking of:
  • MK: Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays (whichever side of the park we are on!)
  • EP: Creations Cafe (are there any quick service in the World Showcase? Why am I blanking on this!?)
  • AK: Flame Tree BBQ (are there any QS places with indoor seating other than the one in Pandora, where I think the food options might be too unique for DMom?)
  • DHS: ABC Commissary (primarily for the indoor seating)
Clearly I need help with this, lol. I could look it up, but getting everyone's input here is more fun.

@Jsharp13 - you're so right. I need to focus on the positive: all the great Quick Service places! ::yes::
Can y'all help me with a list!? Here's what I'm thinking of:
  • MK: Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays (whichever side of the park we are on!)
  • EP: Creations Cafe (are there any quick service in the World Showcase? Why am I blanking on this!?)
  • AK: Flame Tree BBQ (are there any QS places with indoor seating other than the one in Pandora, where I think the food options might be too unique for DMom?)
  • DHS: ABC Commissary (primarily for the indoor seating)
Clearly I need help with this, lol. I could look it up, but getting everyone's input here is more fun.

That's a great spirit! No shortage of deliciousness all around Disney!

DHS: We enjoyed Backlot express; food was fine but tons of seating and very cold AC so that was a plus!
AK: I've seen good meals at the Yak and Yeti Cafe.

Depending on when you are doing, Epcot may have a festival? You could try lots of those booth snacks too?

Reactions: KSL
On Friday May 31st there are a ton of Space 220 lunch and dinner reservations, for anyone looking. Maybe because I am looking +10 days (actually only +6 from my check in day; I'm only staying 6 days not 10!), but I was surprised to see many available. I thought that went quickly.

This is so fun reading everyone's plans. I am getting more and more ideas! Here is what I got this morning.

Monday, 5/27: Arrival day/Resort day/DS: Thinking of trying eet. It sounded good after listening to the Disney Dining Show review with Ryno and Craig.

Tuesday, 5/28: MK - Tony's for lunch. Ryno, Craig, and Hannah did a podcast here in January, and the appetizers sounded really good, so we will give it a go again.
(Can you tell I am obsessed with their podcasts??)

Wednesday, 5/29: DS - Morimoto Asia before Cirque du Soleil at 8:00. My DD bought us tickets for Christmas!

Thursday, 5/30: HS - Roundup Rodeo BBQ for lunch and Sci-Fi for a late appetizer/shake visit. I have never been able to visit Sci-Fi, and DD doesn't like the food, but HEY!! I gotta get in and have something just to experience it!

Friday, 5/31: Topolino's for breakfast - We have had this reservation a few times in the past, but we always canceled. I am determined to make it this time!

Other than these, we will hit up QS mostly. (I may have to try Shiki-Sai at Epcot, tho!)

Jumping in here. We're going May 9-18th and staying at Saratoga Springs in a 1 bedroom. My son and his gf will be joining us for the first part of the trip. So TPs has MK on the 12th (Mother's day) as a 3(below avg crowds) Has anyone gone on Mother's day and if so was it really not crowded?

Jumping in here. We're going May 9-18th and staying at Saratoga Springs in a 1 bedroom. My son and his gf will be joining us for the first part of the trip. So TPs has MK on the 12th (Mother's day) as a 3(below avg crowds) Has anyone gone on Mother's day and if so was it really not crowded?
I went for Mother's Day 3 years ago, it wasn't crowded. But that was still technically COVID times, so I'm not sure how things have changed since.

I'll be there with DH May 13-17th at the Dolphin. It's partial work trip/conference for DH, and then a couple park days, as well as our 4th Anniversary. What a way to celebrate!

For anyone interested here's the lineup for Garden Rocks for May:

Showtimes: 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM

• Apr 30 – May 2: Southbound
  • May 3: Monsieur Periné
  • May 4: Raul Acosta & Oro Solido with Magic Juan
  • May 5: Raul Acosta & Oro Solido with Luisito Ayala and The Puerto Rican Power Band
  • May 6: Fonesca
  • May 7-9: Gilly & The Girl Band
  • May 10-13: Simple Plan
  • May 14-16: Element
  • May 17-18: The Spinners
  • May 19-20: Sister Hazel
  • May 21-23: Epic
  • May 24-25: Lit
  • May 26-27: Casting Crowns
I'm just going to miss Simple Plan :( Who is Element?

I'll add our trip in here as well. We are going for D2 Summit so we have to leave our plans very flexible for a few of the days. We are going May 8-13, staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. We are a family of 5 (2A, DD16, DS14, DS11) and DS14 is my non-cheerleader. We wanted a resort that had a lot of fun options for him to do while his siblings are practicing. I also love the ability to make meals there since we have a few days of unknown. I will order through the resort for basics then order through another service Thursday for more items. We are also MK holders and our last WDW trip was 2022 so we don't feel like we have to do a ton of stuff.

So far here is our schedule. We won't know specific times until late April/early May for Saturday/Sunday so I don't have anything planned:

May 8-Arrive late into MCO, pick up rental car and drive to FW.

May 9-Start MK. Buy G+. Buy LL for 7DMT and Tron. Ohana 11:50. Back to resort, explore, rest. Epcot 5ish, eat at food booths. Do Epcot AH and try to ride GOTG as many times as possible. We have 2 Space 220 reservations at 3:40 and 8:10 but I think I'll cancel given the other things we want to accomplish those days.

May 10-Start AK. Buy G+. Buy LL for FOP and maybe Guardians. Tusker House 8:05. Beaches and Cream 11:50. Kids will have practice today we just don't know when. Epcot in the evening. After practice we have 2 reservations for Space 220 at 5:50 and 8:30. It will depend on what time they are done.

May 11-Compete/resort

May 12-Compete/Resort/Celebration party at HS.

May 13-Topolino's Breakfast. Depart for home 2pm.

My daughter and I will mainly just be hitting up QS during the day but figured we’d book some dinners and went with the following:
5/27: Steakhouse 71 (staying at Contemporary and the day we arrive)
5/28: Yak & Yeti
5/29: QS but booked the seats and sweets fireworks viewing experience
5/30: 50’s Prime Time Cafe Fantasmic dining pkg
5/31: Teppan Edo
6/1: Cinderella’s Royal Table
6/2: Rose & Crown Fireworks dining pkg
6/3: Sci-Fi Dine-In
6/4: Chef Mickey’s breakfast. We booked this for 7:30am but have an 11:00am flight back home. Is this cutting it too close and we should cancel it?

Never came back here with our final plans! We'll be at the Poly, neither waitlist came through for us but we're very excited to be back at our home resort for the first time since 2021. ADRs were a breeze this trip!

05/19: 1900 Park Fare Dinner
05/20: Steakhouse 71 Dinner
05/21: Akershus Breakfast, Shula's Dinner
05/22: Oga's Cantina, Roundup Rodeo BBQ Lunch
05/23: Raglan Road
05/24: Biergarten (Garden Rocks Package)
05/25: Boma Breakfast (our first time!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter