*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

So we just made reservations for May 26-May 30, so excited!
My sister and me and our 4 adult “kids”.
Staying at ASMo then on to UO for a couple of days.

I’m a bit nervous about going over Memorial Day.
We’ll have 3 park days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Should we expect that all three days will be pretty busy? I’ve never been over MD.

I would say yes, it’s a holiday and kids are out of school. Those 2 things equal busy. But if you plan and understand you may not do everything you will have a great time. 😊

I would say yes, it’s a holiday and kids are out of school. Those 2 things equal busy. But if you plan and understand you may not do everything you will have a great time. 😊
Memorial Day is not busy. Our bigger yearly trips always fall during that week because my birthday is the 30th and it’s never like the other holiday weeks in terms of crowds or wait times. We arrived that weekend last year and it was practically dead (we walked straight on to Rise the day after, at 7pm. It wasn’t more than a 20 posted wait for the rest of the night).

The thing you have to bear in mind with Memorial Day is it’s the tail end of shoulder season, many schools still aren’t out yet (including the biggest in the country, NYC) and parents aren’t wanting to take kids out so close to the end of the year. Labor Day has a similar crowd dynamic only for reverse reasons. I always tell people they’re the two best holidays to go if you want to maximize pto.

The only reason we shifted our trip this year up a week or two is because we’re cruising after the parks and pricing on the Wish sailing that fell over the actual holiday was obscene. It would have been almost $2k more.

I was hoping we’d be there before many schools let out and maybe the crowds wouldn’t be too bad yet.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for not bad crowds!
My nephew doesn’t remember ever being at WDW so this trip is for him 😊.

We traveled to Central Florida this year (last year?) for Christmas with some family there. I can't tell you how WRONG it feels to fly into MCO and NOT go to Disney! May can't come soon enough!!
We did the same! I was so strange.

Joining in the fun, we are going May 14-21 to celebrate DD’s graduation from college. Rented DVC points and staying at BWI. It will be a different trip this time due to her having some medical issues, lots of breaks and going much slower than previous trips. At least we have been a few times, so we only have a few new things to see.

Flights booked, SWA. Not our first choice, but the price was right.

Now just to get tickets (yay for now park reservations!!!) and start planning dining.

Just booked my daughter and I’s trip. We will be there from May 27th through June 4th. It will be my 9 year olds first time ever at WDW (we did DL last summer) and my first time back to WDW in over 20 years. Super excited! My wife and 7 year old decided to stay home…wife isn’t a big Disney fan at the 7 year old didn’t want to leave mom for that long of a time. 😂

We’ll be staying at the Contemporary with a theme park view.

Just changed our trip from April to May. Now :car: down for a stay at OKW from 4/14-4/18 and CL @ GDT from 4/18-4/22.

Booked May-29-June 2! Going to be a resort-cation at SSR in a 1-bedroom for our anniversary. Kids (19,15) going as well and they will be able to head over to Disney Springs and do stuff on their own. Hope to get reservation at California Grill for our anniversary dinner. Big trip planned with Poly stay and parks next year, so need to save up for those tickets. 😜 First stay on our DVC points as well!

Our May trip has become very fluid based on availability and the discounts. I ended up finding 3 nights in a Boardwalk G/P View 1 BR villa and I had to grab it but fortunately or unfortunately whichever way I want to look at it, I had to move around my resorts and dates. Now I have 4 nights in a Boardwalk Inn Resort View room, 3 nights in a BWV Garden Pool View 1 BR room, and 2 nights in a GDT Water View ($300 pn vs $375), no longer CL. If I can get the 4 nights in a BWV Standard View, which at this point I highly doubt, then GDT will end up being cancelled. Whew!😥

Last edited:
Looks like you can't view the calendar for specific dates past early April. I don't want to book an After hours, I just want to have an awareness for when and where they are happening during my trip in case that informs our touring strategy.
Yes, you can. Just scroll down to Event and Prices and click "Read More". Scroll further down and there are dates for Epcot and DHS.

We brought 2 of our grandchildren in November. This trip we're taking our other 2 grandchildren. This is likely our swan song trip because my husband does not like WDW. He agreed to Nov trip and now this one so that we will have been able to take all 4 grands to WDW. Now, if a friend or relative asks me, yeah baby, I'm there!
We're staying in a suite at the Dolphin.
LOL, tried to book today but forgot to call the bank to release the limit on debit card. Meanwhile, I found a Disney resort, so I think I'll book that after talking to the bank tomorrow.

Last edited:
🤦‍♀️ Thank you. I hate the Disney website - it is not remotely intuitive to me even after using it *a lot*.
I usually think the site is fine... but this was just an example of similar information is 3 or 4 different places, and you couldn't get to the same place through every click! It was very strange...

F&G Festival ending May 27 + new AH dates have got me rethinking my plan. Originally, we were going to arrive May 27 and use our 4-day PH tix Tues - Fri. Now I am considering getting there early the 27th to get in the last of of F&G, buy Wednesday AH tix for HS and just not do a park that day. Oh, decisions - decisions!

Please help me decide now! Because the discount is higher for 5 nights....
It would be about $450 more for me to do 2 nights AKL, 4 nights CBR vs. doing all 6 nights at CBR.
Oh the struggle of decisions is real!!!
I always wanted to to AKL. I also assume we will have Extended Epcot hours Monday night at the deluxe resort. But I'd be spending an extra $450, and also packing up and moving.
Help!!!
Our family LOVES the AKL resort. I think it's well worth the extra cost to stay there & get the extended evening hours for deluxe resort guests. Our family will be staying there again in the future, the rooms are so nice & the property is stunning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter