"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

I'm so glad I found this thread. Y'all have me so excited! We're going in November and I'm hoping to be able to attend, gotta save those pennies!! I LOVE all things Christmas and Disney Christmas, well, that's even better. :santa: :love:

My 6 year old asked to trade a big birthday party for a small celebration at Disney World (his cousin turned 2 when were there last and my son thought it was the best thing ever). His actual birthday is December 22 and we will be in Disney World from Nov. 14 to 20. I told him that we will choose one day during the trip as his "birthday" day, since the trip itself isn't just about him. We figure since he does have such a Christmasy birthday to begin with, we will celebrate the day we are at the party, November 17. We will have a cake by the resort pool with my parents and my cousin's family, then dinner at Crystal Palace at 4:45 and MVMCP. With having a birthday so close to Christmas, he often does get the short end of the stick. We will get the birthday pin and I told him that he can only wear it that one day. We will have a few gifts waiting for him and our room decorated (by me while they are at the pool). I am really excited for it, and would love to hear any other suggestions that I can make it super special.

My 6 year old asked to trade a big birthday party for a small celebration at Disney World (his cousin turned 2 when were there last and my son thought it was the best thing ever). His actual birthday is December 22 and we will be in Disney World from Nov. 14 to 20. I told him that we will choose one day during the trip as his "birthday" day, since the trip itself isn't just about him. We figure since he does have such a Christmasy birthday to begin with, we will celebrate the day we are at the party, November 17. We will have a cake by the resort pool with my parents and my cousin's family, then dinner at Crystal Palace at 4:45 and MVMCP. With having a birthday so close to Christmas, he often does get the short end of the stick. We will get the birthday pin and I told him that he can only wear it that one day. We will have a few gifts waiting for him and our room decorated (by me while they are at the pool). I am really excited for it, and would love to hear any other suggestions that I can make it super special.
Wow! What a great kid! And to know that he can't have both (Big party AND WDW!) I might get him some Disney dollars or a gift card or ask other relatives not able to be there that might ordinarily give him a gift to do the card so that he can pick out his own b'day gift at WDW. Stop at Harmony barber shop on main street and have them (free) put some "pirate dust" in his hair. You could do this before CP since you can enter the party at 4pm. You know what he likes, also maybe let him wear the pin all day, even at breakfast and lunch. He's sure to get a lot of good wishes from CMs. Ask to have a character wake up call in the am and make sure he answers the phone at your resort room... Just thinking while typing...

Our last day will be November 5th and we will be spending it at MK. Does anybody know if they start turning on some of the holiday lights in the evenings a few days before the first party? Our trips have always been during the MNSSHP season so we always see the Halloween decorations but would really like to get to see the holiday lighting at MK at least once.

We'll be there on Dec 8th! It's my first MVMCP and first time at Christmas time!! Also our first family trip with our kids! YAY!!

Wow! What a great kid! And to know that he can't have both (Big party AND WDW!) I might get him some Disney dollars or a gift card or ask other relatives not able to be there that might ordinarily give him a gift to do the card so that he can pick out his own b'day gift at WDW. Stop at Harmony barber shop on main street and have them (free) put some "pirate dust" in his hair. You could do this before CP since you can enter the party at 4pm. You know what he likes, also maybe let him wear the pin all day, even at breakfast and lunch. He's sure to get a lot of good wishes from CMs. Ask to have a character wake up call in the am and make sure he answers the phone at your resort room... Just thinking while typing...
Awesome tips!!! Thank you so much! I LOVE these tips. He is a great kid, has his moments like most 6 year olds but I was really impressed on how he thought it out so well :)

Going on Dec 8th. Will be my 3rd MVMCP- and although not ecstatic about doing the party again DW has never been and want her to see the entertainment. Am hoping that once there I will get immersed in the holiday spirit as well. Reading posts from those excited to go is certainly helping to boost my desire to go- glad to see so many enthusiastic singles, couples and families making this year their first MVMCP.

Has everyone bought their tickets already or just picking out the dates they will attend. I haven't purchased mine yet and know my date will sell out just trying to hold out a little longer...

Is anyone thinking about doing the "Ferrytale Dessert and Fireworks Cruise"? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/ferrytale-wishes-dessert-cruise/

It seems like a cool thing to do for my birthday. I was planning on doing MVMCP, but didn't buy tickets yet, so my plans are open. Doing both would be too expensive. Which would be worth the money?
We did the pirates & pals fireworks cruise last year, and thought the view of Wishes from the lagoon was amazing. However, for your money, the party will have fireworks too, as well as exclusive meet & greets, parades, shows, snow on Main Street, etc., etc. It's also a 5 hour event (8 if you enter the park at 4) vs. a 1 hour event. I definitely think the cruise will be cool, but the party would be a better "value" for the money.

We did the pirates & pals fireworks cruise last year, and thought the view of Wishes from the lagoon was amazing. However, for your money, the party will have fireworks too, as well as exclusive meet & greets, parades, shows, snow on Main Street, etc., etc. It's also a 5 hour event (8 if you enter the park at 4) vs. a 1 hour event. I definitely think the cruise will be cool, but the party would be a better "value" for the money.
Thanks, I was thinking the same.

My wife and I have been to WDW many times in the 13 years but this trip is for her 40th birthday. When we originally starts thinking about this several years ago, she wasn't sure if she wanted to go for Food & Wine or Christmas. Well, a couple of years ago, I completely surprised for her (bought flight tickets, packed her bags, got tickets to MNSSHP, and made all ADRs) without her knowing. This gave her a chance to experience the Food & Wine so now we are going during Christmas time. We got our MVMCP for 12/8 and are so excited. This will be our first MVMCP and her first Christmas time. I was at WDW for Christmas but that was 25 yrs ago.

Please add us to 12/8

Just got tickets for the Dec 11th! Will need to keep a close eye on this thread since this will be our first time at a Disney party. :D

I'm working on my son's autograph book and I was wondering when the characters are announced that will be at the party - is it announced in advance, or do we just have to wait for the first few people to attend the party and report back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter