***Official November 2014 thread***

I hope you have a great trip!!! We are doing a split stay: Surprise AoA for the kids and then WL for us! lol We enjoy driving, so we're looking forward to it! I can't believe we're down to 2 days!!! :thumbsup2

I was just lucky enough to just get a CG ADR for Friday night!!!! I'm surprising my DH for our 10 Year Anniversary!!!!! I've been relentless looking for a good time, and it finally paid off!! I'm relieved to not have to look every minute now!!! haha! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats and Happy Anniversary.

I just realized that a year ago today we had just returned home from our 25th Anniversary trip. I find it hard to believe I've been home 2 weeks now from Anniversary 26.

To all down there now or leaving this week. Have a magical Thanksgiving!
We had a nice day here in MA but I still wish I was down there.
However very thankful I'm not in Buffalo.

hugs

I hope you have a great trip!!! We are doing a split stay: Surprise AoA for the kids and then WL for us! lol We enjoy driving, so we're looking forward to it! I can't believe we're down to 2 days!!! :thumbsup2 I was just lucky enough to just get a CG ADR for Friday night!!!! I'm surprising my DH for our 10 Year Anniversary!!!!! I've been relentless looking for a good time, and it finally paid off!! I'm relieved to not have to look every minute now!!! haha! :banana: :banana: :banana:

That is awesome that you werefinally able to get the CG ADR. Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary.

2 more days for us too.

Congrats and Happy Anniversary. I just realized that a year ago today we had just returned home from our 25th Anniversary trip. I find it hard to believe I've been home 2 weeks now from Anniversary 26. To all down there now or leaving this week. Have a magical Thanksgiving! We had a nice day here in MA but I still wish I was down there. However very thankful I'm not in Buffalo. hugs

Thank you!!! Funny how we were both in November boards two years in a row together!! Happy you had a great trip and got to celebrate your very special anniversary at the most magical place in the world! That's the only reason we've been going the same two weeks in November since 2004! We went to Disney for our Honeymoon and became HOOKED!!!!! You guys get it!!! ;) lol thanks for the kind words!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is awesome that you werefinally able to get the CG ADR. Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary. 2 more days for us too.

Hey!!! Here we are!!!!!! Only 2 days to go!!! Are you guys all packed? We have little things to add in but have to wait till Tuesday. Thanks, I was SO happy when it popped up!! I was literally just sitting in front of the computer pressing refresh!!! lol I think it will be a nice night and was worth the sore eyes and fingers!!! I hope you guys have a great trip!!!!!!!!!

To everyone leaving this week, have safe trips and a wonderful vacation!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cold and crowded! We just got back on Friday. We had an amazing trip...it was awesome. But the crowd calendars were a little off the mark this time. It wasn't bad, far fewer crowds then the Summer but it certainly was busy. Popular rides' lines in mid-day averaged a 45-60 minute wait. 7DMT was consistent at 60-90 minutes. Not worth waiting for because the ride is so short. So don't miss your fast pass times for that! Earlier in the day the lines would be a lot better at less than 30 minutes. But some rides you would expect to have a less than 10 minute wait were packed.

I have to admit I was a little shocked at how many families pulled their kids out of school. The couples/ friends to young family ratio was especially evident at Magic Kingdom. Not surprised to see a lot of families, I just wasn't expecting SO MANY during school. By comparison, Marathon week in January is much better if you are adult travelers.

NOW I have to say we are not fans of the new fast pass system. While they worked ok when the weather was perfect, it was impractical. I was sick and our parents are in their 70s. We needed more time than anticipated to get going each morning. Add the cool weather into the mix and it was really hard to keep those times, especially the early morning times.

In the future, to guard against sickness, infirmity and fatigue, set those times no earlier than 11 am. If you are at the park earlier than that you don't need them anyway. One good example is a fast pass we had for Splash Mtn. The time was perfect at noon but it was only 48 degrees out! We went on it anyways. And yes I know you can switch experiences using the app but at that point a lot of alternate experiences are unavailable. This is especially true for things like sourin' and test track.

Leaving the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.......I hope. Watching the weather closely. One station predicting 3 to 6 inches of snow which will close the airport down for sure. DS doesn't want to hear about the weather because it will stress her out. We need that center of low pressure to head far out to sea inside of riding up the East coast. Really starting to worry now... :scared1:

NOW I have to say we are not fans of the new fast pass system. While they worked ok when the weather was perfect, it was impractical. I was sick and our parents are in their 70s. We needed more time than anticipated to get going each morning. Add the cool weather into the mix and it was really hard to keep those times, especially the early morning times.
Fastpass was a bust for us, too. We could not get the fastpass portion of the MDE app to work at all! It was constantly giving us errors or no information. We were pretty bummed that we couldn't change our fast passes on the fly like we wanted. It wasn't worth it to find a kiosk, since we were expecting to use the phone on the go. Unfortunately, fastpass+ was frustrating and not convenient at all.

On a side note, we had an issue with our magic bands, so a cast member loaded a free, 'use-anytime-fastpass' for us. You don't even have to select what ride you want to use it on. You just go up to the ride and scan the fastpass. I wish they would allow us to have something like that, even if it were one per person, so we could have the option of simply walking onto a ride we didn't previously select.

Hey!!! Here we are!!!!!! Only 2 days to go!!! Are you guys all packed? We have little things to add in but have to wait till Tuesday. Thanks, I was SO happy when it popped up!! I was literally just sitting in front of the computer pressing refresh!!! lol I think it will be a nice night and was worth the sore eyes and fingers!!! I hope you guys have a great trip!!!!!!!!! To everyone leaving this week, have safe trips and a wonderful vacation!!!! Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Same here we are all packed. Just need to add a few things on Tuesday. Yesterday we finally told DS about this trip, he was first in a state of shock then he was running all over the place. We can't wait!!!

Fastpass was a bust for us, too. We could not get the fastpass portion of the MDE app to work at all! It was constantly giving us errors or no information. We were pretty bummed that we couldn't change our fast passes on the fly like we wanted. It wasn't worth it to find a kiosk, since we were expecting to use the phone on the go. Unfortunately, fastpass+ was frustrating and not convenient at all.

On a side note, we had an issue with our magic bands, so a cast member loaded a free, 'use-anytime-fastpass' for us. You don't even have to select what ride you want to use it on. You just go up to the ride and scan the fastpass. I wish they would allow us to have something like that, even if it were one per person, so we could have the option of simply walking onto a ride we didn't previously select.

I hope they make it better in the future. For now it kind of sucks the spontaneity out of your vacation. Before we would maybe grab 2 FP tickets in MK and then two more at Epcot. The current system makes that impossible.

Same here we are all packed. Just need to add a few things on Tuesday. Yesterday we finally told DS about this trip, he was first in a state of shock then he was running all over the place. We can't wait!!!

That's the best part!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for him! Is this his first trip?!

Awww thank you!!! I've been literally looking for weeks now. I just wanted to get a good time that would work for the kids... hate to eat too late just to see the fireworks, or go too early and then have to come back! Finally got a great time.

They are going to go crazy! We took them last year just to check it out and they cried when we left!! When they find out we're actually staying this time, they're going to be so happy! lol :hyper: We have friends who always stay at WL and we have met them there several times over the past couple years before going to dinner just so we can see the tree. It truly is a beautiful place and we are very much looking forward to staying there for the first time! We actually are looking into POFQ next year!!! We heard such great things about it! We were thinking of trying a new resort each visit! I think that would be fun!!!

WL will always hold a special place for us. The first trip we took to Disney we stayed there :goodvibes

We love POFQ especially the boat ride to DTD.

Only 1 more day :jumping1:

Leaving the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.......I hope. Watching the weather closely. One station predicting 3 to 6 inches of snow which will close the airport down for sure. DS doesn't want to hear about the weather because it will stress her out. We need that center of low pressure to head far out to sea inside of riding up the East coast. Really starting to worry now... :scared1:

Safe travels and have a wonderful time :goodvibes

I'm sure your little one was so excited :goodvibes

1 more day can you believe it :cool1:

Congrats and Happy Anniversary.

I just realized that a year ago today we had just returned home from our 25th Anniversary trip. I find it hard to believe I've been home 2 weeks now from Anniversary 26.

To all down there now or leaving this week. Have a magical Thanksgiving!
We had a nice day here in MA but I still wish I was down there.
However very thankful I'm not in Buffalo.

hugs

Happy Anniversary :love:

I was also counting down with you last November:goodvibes

I hope they make it better in the future. For now it kind of sucks the spontaneity out of your vacation. Before we would maybe grab 2 FP tickets in MK and then two more at Epcot. The current system makes that impossible.
Yeah, you have to use your 3 FPs in one park, before you can grab new ones at a kiosk in another park. But, by the time you get to the other park, FPs could already be unavailable for the day.

Happy Anniversary :love: I was also counting down with you last November:goodvibes
I thought your screen name looked familiar!!!! Sorry I didn't make a connection sooner!! Hopefully the three of us will meet again in next November's boards!!!!

Is his 2nd. What about your kids? Do you guys go every November?

It's the best part watching their faces!! I hope he has a great time!!!! We started November because we went to Disney for our honeymoon in '04. We Loved all the Christmas stuff and said its the only time we'd go now! So we have been celebrating many anniversaries there! Lol The only years we missed was when I was pregnant with my DD, we waited till she was 2 to go for the first time.

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :) :banana:

Hoping there's a change in what meteorologists are calling for! Supposed to be flying out of Newark on Wednesday night but it's not looking good. Praying to the weather gods!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter