OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I booked at 6am.... no BOG, Ohana Dinner, Le Cellier, or Garden Grill.... I signed up for the touring plan reservation finder along with everyone else... fingers crossed more opens up! Does anyone know if you have a dining reservation at Epcot it can be traded in for Candlelight when it is announced?

I booked at 6am.... no BOG, Ohana Dinner, Le Cellier, or Garden Grill.... I signed up for the touring plan reservation finder along with everyone else... fingers crossed more opens up! Does anyone know if you have a dining reservation at Epcot it can be traded in for Candlelight when it is announced?
Usually when there is a special dining package they don't let you add it on. You usually have to drop it for another one. This was what I had to do last December to convert my regular H&V meal to the H&V Fantasmic package. I don't know if they've changed, but that's how it was last December. It was pretty annoying because there H&V was all booked up, so I had to stalk cancellations!

Has anyone ever had Thanksgiving dinner at Le Cellier? I was able to snag a reservation, but I actually want to try their normal menu, not the Thanksgiving menu. We just happen to be in Epcot on Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if they offer only the special Thanksgiving menu, or if they offer their normal "signature" menu in addition to the Thanksgiving menu? I hate to pay for a standard Thanksgiving meal at one of the more expensive restaurants on the property, when multiple restaurants serve it. I want the signature filet mignon and cheddar soup! :) I called reservations and they were unable to help me. Thanks in advance!

I have a reservation at Akershus for 9:15am for 15 on 11/20 that I am cancelling sometime this week if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
So wondering - we are planning on attending MK on November 30, knowing it closes early...should we change it up?
Right now we are hitting the MK on our first day (November 27) and plan to spend as much time as possible there so the 30th will be visit #2

Or should we change it up and hit HS ok the 30 and end our trip with the MK on Dec.1?

Our plan (so far):
Nov.27
Magic Kingdom
Dinner: Chef Mickey's
(QS for lunch)

Nov.28 (son's birthday)
Animal Kingdom
Dinner: Tusker House
(QS for lunch)

Nov.29
Epcot
Dinner: Akershus
(QS for lunch)

Nov.30
Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Be Our Guest
Dinner: Ohana

Dec. 1
Late lunch / early dinner: Minnie's seasonal dine at Hollywood and vine (fantastic package) (4:00 was the only time we could get)

*Phew*

Now to work on fast pass LOL

So wondering - we are planning on attending MK on November 30, knowing it closes early...should we change it up?
Right now we are hitting the MK on our first day (November 27) and plan to spend as much time as possible there so the 30th will be visit #2

Or should we change it up and hit HS ok the 30 and end our trip with the MK on Dec.1?

Our plan (so far):
Nov.27
Magic Kingdom
(QS for lunch)

Nov.28 (son's birthday)
Animal Kingdom
(QS for lunch)

Nov.29
Epcot
(QS for lunch)

Nov.30
Magic Kingdom

Dec. 1
Late lunch / early dinner: Minnie's seasonal dine at Hollywood and vine (fantastic package) (4:00 was the only time we could get)

*Phew*

I think going to MK that day would be great. I'd keep it the way it is :) We are going to see Fantasmic on our last night, too.

Our plan (so far):
Nov.27
Magic Kingdom
(QS for lunch)

Nov.28 (son's birthday)
Animal Kingdom
(QS for lunch)

Nov.29
Epcot
(QS for lunch)

Nov.30
Magic Kingdom

Dec. 1

*Phew*

We're doing MK on the 30th too. We figured it won't be very crowded since they close really early for the CM party. Hopefully we get a lot done. It will be our 3rd MK day so we'll use it to do our favorites one more time.

Hi Everyone!

New to the boards and new to the thread. I'm looking for some advice. I guess I wasn't paying attention when making my ADR's and I booked a 5:55 reservation for dinner at CRT on a night when there is a MVMCP. I currently do not have tickets and we weren't planning on going but now I'm thinking about adding the tickets. I know we have until 7 pm to get out of the park but since we are already going to be there, and it is our last evening, I think we're going to want to stay in MK instead of park hop somewhere else. Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other?

Hi Everyone!

New to the boards and new to the thread. I'm looking for some advice. I guess I wasn't paying attention when making my ADR's and I booked a 5:55 reservation for dinner at CRT on a night when there is a MVMCP. I currently do not have tickets and we weren't planning on going but now I'm thinking about adding the tickets. I know we have until 7 pm to get out of the park but since we are already going to be there, and it is our last evening, I think we're going to want to stay in MK instead of park hop somewhere else. Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other?

Are you going to be with kids? And if so, how old are they? The Xmas party is not cheap (we spent $400 on tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids!), so if you're going to be there all day with kids and stay through the night, will they be too tired? We are doing MVMCP this year on a night where we are not going to the park during the day. Is it your only chance at doing an MVMCP? You can do it on a rest day too! We went at Christmas time last year and we didn't do the party because I didn't think my kids could handle it. I really wanted to do it so we're going back this year for an MVMCP and another full MK day but planning rest days around the party.

If you decide to not do it and just do your CRT reservation, it shouldn't interfere at all with the park closing.

Does Mama Melrose usually have later F! package ADRs that 3:00PM? Just wondering if they haven't been released, or is thats it! Thanks!

We are there 11/26-11/30 and were planning BOG Lunch on 11/30. Were you able to get an ADR for that? I haven't found one yet.
Yes our TA was able to get us an ADR for BOG lunch :)
Very happy with what they (the TA team) was able to get for us!

We're doing MK on the 30th too. We figured it won't be very crowded since they close really early for the CM party. Hopefully we get a lot done. It will be our 3rd MK day so we'll use it to do our favorites one more time.
That is our thought as well - considering our first MK day is a Monday with EMH...we want to hit as much as possible.

Figured I would post here and see if any of you have input - things you'd change or do differently. Our littles are 5 & 2. Do we need more time in Magic Kingdom? I don't feel like we could really 'skip' any of the parks. I could give up our Bon Voyage reservation but we are all looking forward to that!

Saturday Nov. 25
Arrive/Pool

Sunday Nov. 26
*Have not decided if we will do parks or not on this day
8:30 Ohana
4:30 1900 Park Fare

Monday Nov. 27
MK Rope Drop
3:15 The Plaza

Tuesday Nov. 28
Day at the pool/rest
MVMCP
*hoping for an early BOG dinner reservation

Wednesday Nov. 29
We will probably get a late start since we will have been out late the night before
Epcot to meet Baymax and ride Frozen
Walk or Boat to HS after lunch
5:30 Hollywood & Vine

Thursday Nov 30
AK - we are aiming to do park open until about 3pm to give the kids a break
1:05 Tusker House

Friday Dec. 1
8:55 Bon Voyage Breakfast
Walk to Epcot for Soarin
Monorail to Magic Kingdom
1:15 BOG
5:35 CRT

Saturday 2-Dec
8:45AM BOG
Depart

Are you going to be with kids? And if so, how old are they? The Xmas party is not cheap (we spent $400 on tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids!), so if you're going to be there all day with kids and stay through the night, will they be too tired? We are doing MVMCP this year on a night where we are not going to the park during the day. Is it your only chance at doing an MVMCP? You can do it on a rest day too! We went at Christmas time last year and we didn't do the party because I didn't think my kids could handle it. I really wanted to do it so we're going back this year for an MVMCP and another full MK day but planning rest days around the party.

If you decide to not do it and just do your CRT reservation, it shouldn't interfere at all with the park closing.

I think that may be the way to go as the CRT reservation is more important to me than the MVMCP. My DD will be 6yrs and 4yrs when we go and we would take a midday break prior to returning to the park. I think the MVMCP may be something to do on our next trip as I really want to get them both to CRT at this age and don't have the ambition to spend the extra 400 on the party. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip! We're going Nov 22nd - Dec 2nd!

Figured I would post here and see if any of you have input - things you'd change or do differently. Our littles are 5 & 2. Do we need more time in Magic Kingdom? I don't feel like we could really 'skip' any of the parks. I could give up our Bon Voyage reservation but we are all looking forward to that!

Saturday Nov. 25
Arrive/Pool

Sunday Nov. 26
*Have not decided if we will do parks or not on this day
8:30 Ohana
4:30 1900 Park Fare

Monday Nov. 27
MK Rope Drop
3:15 The Plaza

Tuesday Nov. 28
Day at the pool/rest
MVMCP
*hoping for an early BOG dinner reservation

Wednesday Nov. 29
We will probably get a late start since we will have been out late the night before
Epcot to meet Baymax and ride Frozen
Walk or Boat to HS after lunch
5:30 Hollywood & Vine

Thursday Nov 30
AK - we are aiming to do park open until about 3pm to give the kids a break
1:05 Tusker House

Friday Dec. 1
8:55 Bon Voyage Breakfast
Walk to Epcot for Soarin
Monorail to Magic Kingdom
1:15 BOG
5:35 CRT

Saturday 2-Dec
8:45AM BOG
Depart

Personally I feel like you have a lot of park hopping with little ones. You have yourselves in MK 4 separate days...why not do 2 full days there plus the party? Same thing with Epcot, rather than stopping in on 2 separate days I would just spend one day there (even if not a full day). I realize everyone likes to tour differently, but we did not like to park hop when our kids were young. It just felt like too much time wasted on traveling and a lot of work with strollers on the monorail, buses, etc. My plans would be more like this:

Sat 11/25 - arrival
Sun 11/26 - MK
Mon 11/27 - Epcot
Tues 11/28 - pool/rest day, MVMCP
Wed 11/29 - HS (later start after being out late night before)
Thurs 11/30 - AK
Fri 12/1 - MK
Sat 12/2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter