*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

My fast pass day is on Thursday, what order should I look? do you suggest trying for my 60+6 day first and working backwards? or my day 1 first? Day 1 is on 11/26, so i'm thinking I might be more successful with my 60+6 day. Any suggestions? This is the first time I am ever doing fast passes. Thanks so much!

My FP day is Thursday too.:) I would start with your hardest to book Fast Passes (hopefully they are near the end of your trip). Another tip is don't book all your Fast Passes for each day at once. Skip around and just book the hardest Fast Passes first and then go back and book the easier Fast Passes for each day.

I would rank them based on difficulty. Have a couple of people help you by logging in on their devices and tag-teaming, if you can. My TA and I did that with our ADR's on 180-day, and it really worked out well. I can't really say much about FP because today was our day, but the recent site glitches and problems actually let me set them 2 days early. Since I wasn't on at 7 am and wasn't planning on it, I didn't go through that, but that would be my plan, if needed. Rank things like SDD, FoP, and 7DMT first. If you visit HS or AK multiple times, you have a greater chance of those high demand FPs later days in your trip. We are only doing AK one day, on our first FP-eligible day, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We had no shot at FoP, but we were prepared for that. We grabbed Navi, and we will periodically check if FoP opens up.

I would rank them based on difficulty. Have a couple of people help you by logging in on their devices and tag-teaming, if you can. My TA and I did that with our ADR's on 180-day, and it really worked out well. I can't really say much about FP because today was our day, but the recent site glitches and problems actually let me set them 2 days early. Since I wasn't on at 7 am and wasn't planning on it, I didn't go through that, but that would be my plan, if needed. Rank things like SDD, FoP, and 7DMT first. If you visit HS or AK multiple times, you have a greater chance of those high demand FPs later days in your trip. We are only doing AK one day, on our first FP-eligible day, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We had no shot at FoP, but we were prepared for that. We grabbed Navi, and we will periodically check if FoP opens up.
That's great you got to book your FP early because it looks like today was very stressful booking FP! I feel so bad whenever people have so many problems booking ADR's and FP, it's hard enough having to plan so far ahead!

just got FPs for FoP for Jersey Week! I check maybe 100 times a day. I was so surprised when it showed up! 42 days to go!

We have 42 days as well. We got FoP when I did FP, but we only needed it for 1 as there is no way my son would get on it and I don't do well with those type rides .

I'm starting to get excited.

We have 42 days as well. We got FoP when I did FP, but we only needed it for 1 as there is no way my son would get on it and I don't do well with those type rides .

I'm starting to get excited.
Oooh! A countdown buddy!!!

That's great you got to book your FP early because it looks like today was very stressful booking FP! I feel so bad whenever people have so many problems booking ADR's and FP, it's hard enough having to plan so far ahead!
Well, it got stressful alright. We wanted to check to make sure that the ones we got early stuck in the system, that the patch didn't expire after 48 hours. 7 am hit, they were still on there. About 7:04, still there. About 7:08, they were gone. Then the site was down. Then they were back up, then down again, then back up, buy at that point, we we're able to assume that them going away was because all of FP site was going down, not just my FP being wiped away. And, I start work at about 7:15, and was helpless. I despise these tech issues that everyone has, because, itsi not just where you can wait out the issues. The second you do that then those who are struggling through the issues will end up snagging intermittently what is available. Ugh! I feel bad for everyone, especially for agents who have multiple clients on the same day, dealing with these issues.

Well, it got stressful alright. We wanted to check to make sure that the ones we got early stuck in the system, that the patch didn't expire after 48 hours. 7 am hit, they were still on there. About 7:04, still there. About 7:08, they were gone. Then the site was down. Then they were back up, then down again, then back up, buy at that point, we we're able to assume that them going away was because all of FP site was going down, not just my FP being wiped away. And, I start work at about 7:15, and was helpless. I despise these tech issues that everyone has, because, itsi not just where you can wait out the issues. The second you do that then those who are struggling through the issues will end up snagging intermittently what is available. Ugh! I feel bad for everyone, especially for agents who have multiple clients on the same day, dealing with these issues.
Aww that sucks! I hope it got straightened out and your FP are back! I am not looking forward to Thursday morning.:scared:

What a morning! I spent 4 hours on it this morning. 7a-11a. Almost constantly except for a few minutes here and there. I was able to get almost everything though. No Slinky Dog. There was availability at various times, just none that worked for us. We’ll either Rope Drop it or do it at close, or both. I was able to get FoP for the evening we plan to be in AK but not the day. Got Mine Train 2x, right when we wanted. Frozen at a good time. Everything else had tons of availability.

It’s really unbelievable they have this many tech problems. I need to reset my mindset now for this trip. I feel like we’re overpaying, still don’t have the preferred ADR times we’d like and then this debacle. I know it will all be just fine but I’m not in the Disney spirit right now. Feeling like I’m paying a pretty high price to let them stress me out so much lol!!

Nothing is working this morning either :(
Oh my FP day is Friday (for my first trip ever, so I'm completely inexperienced in booking them!) and seeing all these posts on here and Facebook are making me so nervous! I hope you were able to get what you need.

On the bright side, I am 62 days out and totally paid off my trip, tours and extras and all, this morning! :)

Oh my FP day is Friday (for my first trip ever, so I'm completely inexperienced in booking them!) and seeing all these posts on here and Facebook are making me so nervous! I hope you were able to get what you need.

On the bright side, I am 62 days out and totally paid off my trip, tours and extras and all, this morning! :)
Friday is my day too! First timer here as well. I was hoping to log on this morning to hear no one had issues! Two more days to figure it out. Good luck Friday!

Wow I'm sorry you all have been dealing with so many tech problems. That's horrible. The site has always been bad but it sounds more frustrating than ever. Ugh. I read they are updating it in October when the tier pricing debuts. I'm scared that it may get worse.

I'm 38 days out. Cue dh changing his mind. It's like clockwork. I get a text at 6 am from him asking what are dinner plans are on arrival day. Ummm what? Dining plans? We have no dining plans because he didn't want any ADRS. He insisted that we have a really early flight so it'd be best to not have anything booked. We'll just grab something at the hotel. Now he doesn't want to grab anything at the hotel because we're staying at AKL and he doesn't think he'll like the food choices. The worst part is that I knew he would do that so I originally booked a 1900 dinner reservation that I just DROPPED last week to someone else that was looking for one. I didn't want to tie up a reservation if I wasn't going to use it. :headache: This morning I told him that he could book something himself and just let me know what he went with. Then I gave in because I didn't want him to mess anything up in MDE. So I have a Beaches and Cream booked but I'm hoping someone drops a Chef Mickey or 1900. Have alerts setup in TP.

Wow I'm sorry you all have been dealing with so many tech problems. That's horrible. The site has always been bad but it sounds more frustrating than ever. Ugh. I read they are updating it in October when the tier pricing debuts. I'm scared that it may get worse.

I'm 38 days out. Cue dh changing his mind. It's like clockwork. I get a text at 6 am from him asking what are dinner plans are on arrival day. Ummm what? Dining plans? We have no dining plans because he didn't want any ADRS. He insisted that we have a really early flight so it'd be best to not have anything booked. We'll just grab something at the hotel. Now he doesn't want to grab anything at the hotel because we're staying at AKL and he doesn't think he'll like the food choices. The worst part is that I knew he would do that so I originally booked a 1900 dinner reservation that I just DROPPED last week to someone else that was looking for one. I didn't want to tie up a reservation if I wasn't going to use it. :headache: This morning I told him that he could book something himself and just let me know what he went with. Then I gave in because I didn't want him to mess anything up in MDE. So I have a Beaches and Cream booked but I'm hoping someone drops a Chef Mickey or 1900. Have alerts setup in TP.
My husband does the same thing, LOL! Although he waits until we get there to do it. It doesn't matter how many times I ask him what restaurants he wants before we go, he always says he doesn't care and then is surprised when I don't have the one he wants booked. My kids think it's pretty funny because I literally drive everyone crazy around ADR time asking where everyone wants to eat!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter