*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Hi, I just found this section of the boards and we are going Thanksgiving week and staying at Pop!
My FP day is tomorrow! I'm a nervous wreck because of all the glitches I've read about and because if history repeats its self something always goes wrong on my FP or ADR day. LOL

I was wondering about park hours does anyone have any opinions on them extending AK hours that week? Last Thanksgiving it was open till 10 but also last Oct it was open till 9pm. And from what I'm seeing this Oct it looks like 8pm closing. So that worries me that they aren't going to extend them for Thanksgiving this year.
We are wanting to do AK after dinner once maybe even twice and am hoping there is enough time to fit it in.

I was excited to find this November group and will finally be able to relax a bit after I get through my FP tomorrow morning.

How did it go?

So, crazy story. Everyone was/is having app and site issues last week. People were having tickets and magic bands drop off and some reservations or FPs we're either going away or not attaching. For me, several ADRs that I already dropped long ago we're still showing up and I had no way to cancel them. App would not let me.

So, this morning at 9 am Eastern, I decided to check if I could drop them, and again, I could not. But I decided to see what the error message would be if I tried to get FP a few days early. ( We are currently 60 days out for our trip, but it is a split stay, and our tickets are not active until our second leg...so THAT 60-day is this upcoming Tuesday). And lo and behold, it let me book all my Fast passes for my crew of 7. It showed my window as Nov 24-Dec2 (our first leg is Nov22 -23), so that was correct. The only thing we did not get was FoP for our only AK day (Nov. 24). We we're not expecting to get FP at all for 7DMT or PPF just based on our plans for them on Nov. 23 and not having any available (bc that day is on the first leg with no tickets, we could activate the Tix early upon arrival at the resort, but almlsa assuredly there would be no availability left for them). But, we could snag them in the 4-6 pm window on Nov. 25, which is our MVMCP day.

My TA called tech bc she has so many other folks with problems related to this latest tech issue, and she and the CM confirmed that I am apparently the luckiest guy in the world because whatever patch they put in that doesn't drop FPs from folks whose tickets fell off their reservation must have assumed that my first leg was in that boat. I never even thought about that, and I wasn't up at 7am. I slept in till about 9 before heading out to church at 10:30.

Now, per the CMs advice, I just need to hold out till this Tuesday (my actual 60-day for when my tickets begin) to make sure they are still there and didn't fall off.

I don't mean to post this to make anyone feel jealous or anything, but that sometimes pixie dust finds it's way when you don't expect it.

We'll be there too, Nov 16-22. Starting off at All Star Movies and finishing up at AKL Villas - Jambo. The switch to AKL is a surprise for husband and kids, first deluxe, celebrating hubs bday, AND AKL has been his #1 bucket list WDW resort. Glad to be able to share the secret here! :)

How did it go?
Well it was a hot mess!

If had just been our party of 3 that I was making FP for then it would have been fine and glitch free and over fast! However, my Daughter and son in law are arriving a day after us and I was making FP for them too. We were all linked and everything should have been fine but sure enough when I logged on at 6am to make the FP it was only allowing me to make them for my party of 3. I immediately got an online chat started (I had read this is faster than calling) to try to get it solved while trying to go ahead and get our Slinky and FOP passes booked for the 3 that it was allowing. I had a very nice CM who I ended up spending the next hour and 37 minutes with while they worked to fix the issue!

They assured me that yes I should be able to make FP for all 5 of us in our group and she told me to keep making the FP I wanted for just my party of 3 and she would add the other two in as things get straightened out. Eventually after about an hour my son in law was showing on all of the FP but my DD was only showing on about half of them. So after it had been an hour and 37 minutes the CM told me that my DD was now showing on everything on their end it just wasn't coming up on my screen. She kept calling it a visual problem. We finally stopped and she assured me DD IS there and that for some reason the system just wasn't wanting to let me book for them but by the next day (next day would be their official 60 day window) all the glitches with it will be fixed and I can make any changes I want to etc because we will all 5 show up then.
She also said she would make a note on my acct that we were having issues with DD's passes in case I need to call/chat again.

So fast forward to the next morning (Sunday) and I get up and check and sure enough I now have access to make FP's for DD but she is still only showing up on about half of ours. So I add her in to almost all of them without any trouble because it was RnR, Tower, TSM, Safari, Everest. Ironically she did show up on our FOP fast pass but the other two for that day she didn't. But I found it interesting that I did have to add her in because I was assured yesterday that she was showing up on all of them on their end! Apparently not.
But I couldn't add her into our Slinky pass because there were none available for that afternoon. So I got online to start a chat and had to explain my issue but the 1st person didn't even ask for my info or anything just said they can't help with Slinky FP. He was rude. So I tried again with someone else and she was very nice and tried to be helpful however, she said she couldn't add DD on to that last FP (I told her I had added her to all the others myself) because all that was left was at closing time that evening. She suggested I move all 5 of us to a FP at that time. but I told her I have Cape May ADR around that time and we were spending the afternoon in HS and then dinner at Cape May and it would be cutting it very close to be able to get back into the park after dinner to get to it. But she said there was nothing she could do.
Oh and I also got Slinky on our last morning and DD didn't show up on that one either and again can't move to later in day because we have a flight home.
Anyway I basically just had to give up! I got her added to everything else and like I said she did get added to some things on that 60 day mark when I called the 1st morning (no problems with her showing up for FOP which I was worried about) but no one could figure it out and I had spent a total of 3 hours dealing with getting it all straightened out. So DD doesn't have any FP for slinky but one of us will sit out and let her take our spot so she will get a chance to ride it.
I was SO FRUSTRATED!! I did everything right on my end. I had my friends and family linked I got on right on time at 60 days and the FP were available but their tickets weren't allowing it. And even though the CM that helped me had IT working on it the situation still never got completely fixed. I guess I'll just be glad that she's on everything else.
Very Sorry for the long rant! I wanted to post about it earlier but I just had to take a Disney break after all that. LOL!

Well it was a hot mess!

If had just been our party of 3 that I was making FP for then it would have been fine and glitch free and over fast! However, my Daughter and son in law are arriving a day after us and I was making FP for them too. We were all linked and everything should have been fine but sure enough when I logged on at 6am to make the FP it was only allowing me to make them for my party of 3. I immediately got an online chat started (I had read this is faster than calling) to try to get it solved while trying to go ahead and get our Slinky and FOP passes booked for the 3 that it was allowing. I had a very nice CM who I ended up spending the next hour and 37 minutes with while they worked to fix the issue!

They assured me that yes I should be able to make FP for all 5 of us in our group and she told me to keep making the FP I wanted for just my party of 3 and she would add the other two in as things get straightened out. Eventually after about an hour my son in law was showing on all of the FP but my DD was only showing on about half of them. So after it had been an hour and 37 minutes the CM told me that my DD was now showing on everything on their end it just wasn't coming up on my screen. She kept calling it a visual problem. We finally stopped and she assured me DD IS there and that for some reason the system just wasn't wanting to let me book for them but by the next day (next day would be their official 60 day window) all the glitches with it will be fixed and I can make any changes I want to etc because we will all 5 show up then.
She also said she would make a note on my acct that we were having issues with DD's passes in case I need to call/chat again.

So fast forward to the next morning (Sunday) and I get up and check and sure enough I now have access to make FP's for DD but she is still only showing up on about half of ours. So I add her in to almost all of them without any trouble because it was RnR, Tower, TSM, Safari, Everest. Ironically she did show up on our FOP fast pass but the other two for that day she didn't. But I found it interesting that I did have to add her in because I was assured yesterday that she was showing up on all of them on their end! Apparently not.
But I couldn't add her into our Slinky pass because there were none available for that afternoon. So I got online to start a chat and had to explain my issue but the 1st person didn't even ask for my info or anything just said they can't help with Slinky FP. He was rude. So I tried again with someone else and she was very nice and tried to be helpful however, she said she couldn't add DD on to that last FP (I told her I had added her to all the others myself) because all that was left was at closing time that evening. She suggested I move all 5 of us to a FP at that time. but I told her I have Cape May ADR around that time and we were spending the afternoon in HS and then dinner at Cape May and it would be cutting it very close to be able to get back into the park after dinner to get to it. But she said there was nothing she could do.
Oh and I also got Slinky on our last morning and DD didn't show up on that one either and again can't move to later in day because we have a flight home.
Anyway I basically just had to give up! I got her added to everything else and like I said she did get added to some things on that 60 day mark when I called the 1st morning (no problems with her showing up for FOP which I was worried about) but no one could figure it out and I had spent a total of 3 hours dealing with getting it all straightened out. So DD doesn't have any FP for slinky but one of us will sit out and let her take our spot so she will get a chance to ride it.
I was SO FRUSTRATED!! I did everything right on my end. I had my friends and family linked I got on right on time at 60 days and the FP were available but their tickets weren't allowing it. And even though the CM that helped me had IT working on it the situation still never got completely fixed. I guess I'll just be glad that she's on everything else.
Very Sorry for the long rant! I wanted to post about it earlier but I just had to take a Disney break after all that. LOL!
That is crazy... :( This MDE glitch is really awful.

Our FP day is tomorrow. I’m really hoping my sister and BIL are linked properly. It’s so hard to tell until your window actually opens up I guess. My sister can see all the dining reservations I made so I hope that means it’s right. I keep telling myself it will all be fine even if I don’t get the FPs I want. Touring Plans is showing low crowds. I hope they’re right but with so many of the hotels sold out, I just don’t know!

Our FP day is tomorrow also. I'm letting my 23 yo daughter make all of our FPs this trip for the first time. Chances are very high that we will have to cancel this trip because of some medical issues that I am having. We have APs and go several times a year so if she doesn't get the "perfect" FPs I will be okay with that. I hope we get to go. I LOVE the candlelight processional and would hate to miss it this year.

Last edited:

It’s a total mess this morning. 7:50 and I have one fast pass. Tickets keep disappearing and reappearing. Olaf shows up. If I can get in, it says all passes are gone for the entire day

Last edited:
It’s a total mess this morning. 7:50 and I have one fast pass. Tickets keep disappearing and reappearing. Olaf shows up. If I can get in, it says all passes are gone for the entire day
Hugs to you and hopefully all works out!

Still hoping for extended hours for Jersey Week - especially at AK since we didn't get FoP FPs. I wonder when the next hour change will happen (thinking positively that it WILL happen). Last year, it was 3 weeks before, so for my trip, that's around the week of 10/15 to notice changes.

Our FP day is tomorrow also. I'm letting my 23 yo daughter make all of our FPs this trip for the first time. Chances are very high that we will have to cancel this trip because of some medical issues that I am having. We have APs and go several times a year so if she doesn't get the "perfect" FPs I will be okay with that. I hope we get to go. I LOVE the candlelight processional and would hate to miss it this year.
My daughter finally gave up and went back to sleep. I think she only got one FP for the whole week. MDE is a mess! Disney desperately needs new IT people.

My daughter finally gave up and went back to sleep. I think she only got one FP for the whole week. MDE is a mess! Disney desperately needs new IT people.
From what I hear, they need a whole new IT system...but in order to change it over, they would need to shut the entire thing down for a couple of days, and they don't want to do that. That's just what I had heard, whether or not that is true...

You may want to have her check again. It seems to be back and good to go. Hopefully.

Did you get to eventual smooth sailing? I think it is back up and running...hope hopefully.

Did you get to eventual smooth sailing? I think it is back up and running...hope hopefully.

I’ve gotten most but it keeps going down again. Still need a few more.

I really hope our vacation feels like a vacation. Because so far all this planning and problems, can’t get the discounts, etc. it has been a lot of stress!

I’ve gotten most but it keeps going down again. Still need a few more.

I really hope our vacation feels like a vacation. Because so far all this planning and problems, can’t get the discounts, etc. it has been a lot of stress!
you can try doing the online chat I had SOME success with it. It didn't fix all my FP issues but did get some fixed. I'd never done the chat before so I was new to it but it was easy and just like chatting here. LOL.

I never could get fastpass to work today until 12:30ish. It was completely down at 7am...I know it was in and out this morning, but eventually I had to go to work and couldn't check as much. So of course, FOP and Slinky were gone by the time I was able to make fastpasses.

You may want to have her check again. It seems to be back and good to go. Hopefully.
She finally got it all done, but it was 9:00 eastern time before she could get them all finished. There are only 2 of us going. Normally it takes me about 15-20 minutes tops.

My fast pass day is on Thursday, what order should I look? do you suggest trying for my 60+6 day first and working backwards? or my day 1 first? Day 1 is on 11/26, so i'm thinking I might be more successful with my 60+6 day. Any suggestions? This is the first time I am ever doing fast passes. Thanks so much!

My fast pass day is on Thursday, what order should I look? do you suggest trying for my 60+6 day first? or my day 1 first? Day 1 is on 11/26, so i'm thinking I might be more successful with my 60+6 day. Any suggestions? This is the first time I am ever doing fast passes. Thanks so much!
My FP day is Thursday too.:) I would start with your hardest to book Fast Passes (hopefully they are near the end of your trip). Another tip is don't book all your Fast Passes for each day at once. Skip around and just book the hardest Fast Passes first and then go back and book the easier Fast Passes for each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter