*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We're sleeping in on Thanksgiving, possibly going over to AoA to do the drawing class if anyone else wants to. We're eating at Boma at 3 (so we'll miss you by a bit!) and then going to AK. Last time we were in Disney for Thanksgiving we ate at Trail's End and it was really good, but I've also heard great things about Boma on Thanksgiving so we're looking forward to it!

Well, we might see you there! We're staying at AoA, and my kids would love the drawing class....for whenever we might fit it in. Depending on our selected meal time, we just might do it that day!

Well, we might see you there! We're staying at AoA, and my kids would love the drawing class....for whenever we might fit it in. Depending on our selected meal time, we just might do it that day!

Can you guys tell me more about the drawing class? Times? Cost? How to schedule? My DD loves this kind of stuff and I did not know about it

my understanding is: free, just show up, there are some typical times of the day, but that I can't recall.

Only 9 days until we are “home”
I am so excited
My only concern is that I am still hopping around on crutches and my throat is very sore today
Matching T-shirts has arrived, but I am having trouble uploading pictures.

Attachments

• 54863BEC-4EFD-4CE8-8336-AB916F95F9C1.jpeg
    54863BEC-4EFD-4CE8-8336-AB916F95F9C1.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 9
For those who will be there on Thanksgiving, where is everyone eating their big meal of the day? We have ADR at 6pm at Boma. Thursday is our "resort day" so we will spend the day enjoying the resort, maybe resort hop a bit and enjoy the decorations, etc. If we have time, maybe go to Disney Springs.

We will be at Boma at 4 pm. We made the first part of the day a free day so not sure if we will just watch the Macy’s Parade or if we will go to a park or play mini golf at Winter Summerland but did book a 2 pm FP for NRJ.

That's so funny! It reminds me of how my grandmother says dungarees instead of jeans. o_O

We've only done split stays where it wasn't really split stay. Like the first night at POP and then we moved to another resort for the rest of the trip. We are talking about doing a 9 night with a split stay between WL and BC next year. Your suitcase comment made me think it might be more of a pain than it's worth. I just want to try both resorts so bad.

Lol I hope you're a drinker!

I could never go with my inlaws. We went away with them for a long weekend and the whole time they were worried about how much everything cost (we were paying). They would load up on the free breakfast at the hotel, refuse to eat lunch and then try to share a dinner. They would get mad when my husband would order a second meal for them. They would die of sticker shock if we took them to Disney.

We have taken them on a cruise, which was much better because everything was included. Plus, there are more places to hide on a cruise. :)

Yeah, my MIL is...interesting. She lives a very simple life and doesn't travel, or do much of anything, really. She is actually in the process of selling her house and moving in with DH and I. I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested we take her to Disney for Thanksgiving. She is also very cheap, and DH and I are willing to spend money to make things easier on ourselves. When we told her what she should bring for her food budget, she was shocked. She literally thought she could get away with spending $100 for herself for our entire 5 night/6 day trip. :sad2:
I'm just going to go to EPCOT and drink all of the drinks at the Festival of the Holidays booths and try to remember that I'm in my happy place. And practice deep breathing. LOTS AND LOTS of deep breathing!

It's so exciting to read about everyone's plans and countdowns and to know I am not alone in going between thinking I have lots of time and then panicking when I go a few days without tweaking my lists or ordering something!
Speaking of ordering: I hope you Amazon Prime Now experienced people can help me. I didn't realize APN was a separate site/app and that I couldn't save things on my wishlists and just transfer them to an APN order. I started an order and took a screen shot so I could remember what I selected. I have a few questions:
1. When do you usually place your order? We won't be getting to hotel until around 1:30 am. I would like to have the items there to bring to our room when we check in.
2. I read in another thread that you should address the delivery with your name and arrival date. Is there a place I can add my arrival date to the address info on the site, maybe a special notes section?
I order from amazon all the time, but I have never done Prime Now or sent anything to a WDW hotel before. We usually drive and make a Walmart stop. First time flying there in many years and I am feeling very anxious about all the regulations and not being able to bring certain things. (like my grabber) My DD and I are only doing carry on.
Any advice would be appreciated!!
Oh, and we will also be at Boma for Thanksgiving dinner at 6 pm!

Yeah, my MIL is...interesting. She lives a very simple life and doesn't travel, or do much of anything, really. She is actually in the process of selling her house and moving in with DH and I. I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested we take her to Disney for Thanksgiving. She is also very cheap, and DH and I are willing to spend money to make things easier on ourselves. When we told her what she should bring for her food budget, she was shocked. She literally thought she could get away with spending $100 for herself for our entire 5 night/6 day trip. :sad2:
I'm just going to go to EPCOT and drink all of the drinks at the Festival of the Holidays booths and try to remember that I'm in my happy place. And practice deep breathing. LOTS AND LOTS of deep breathing!

Without knowing your personal situation, I feel you’ll have a better time if you turn the trip into a “gift” for her including meals, or you’ll just be hearing complaints about prices every meal you go to. Been there, done that, slightly different context. Travelling with complainers or people who want to come with you to Planet Hollywood but can only afford a baked potato can dampen the spirit.

You want to be able to enjoy your trip!

It's so exciting to read about everyone's plans and countdowns and to know I am not alone in going between thinking I have lots of time and then panicking when I go a few days without tweaking my lists or ordering something!
Speaking of ordering: I hope you Amazon Prime Now experienced people can help me. I didn't realize APN was a separate site/app and that I couldn't save things on my wishlists and just transfer them to an APN order. I started an order and took a screen shot so I could remember what I selected. I have a few questions:
1. When do you usually place your order? We won't be getting to hotel until around 1:30 am. I would like to have the items there to bring to our room when we check in.
2. I read in another thread that you should address the delivery with your name and arrival date. Is there a place I can add my arrival date to the address info on the site, maybe a special notes section?
I order from amazon all the time, but I have never done Prime Now or sent anything to a WDW hotel before. We usually drive and make a Walmart stop. First time flying there in many years and I am feeling very anxious about all the regulations and not being able to bring certain things. (like my grabber) My DD and I are only doing carry on.

You can place your order earlier on your arrival day and pick the time you want it delivered. The earlier in the day you place it, the more options of delivery times you have. I do this all the time at home. I have never done it at Disney, but I know there is a thread about it. I think it is in the resorts forum .

I've never used Prime Now but I just downloaded the app for our trip next week. We are doing two nights at POFQ and then moving to BWV. I saw that they do same day delivery and I've read on the boards that lots of people get their cart ready before their flight and just wait until they land to hit send on their order. I did go through most of the prompts and they most certainly deliver within hours of you hitting send.

My plan is just buy a case/half case of water at the gift shop at POFQ for those two nights. On the morning of our move to BWV I will place our bigger order of a two cases of water and our breakfast stuff. By then DD will have had her Mickey waffle fix so we will be ready for some simpler breakfasts in the room (fruit, bagels, cereal). I plan on placing the order the night before and just setting up delivery for the next day. If that can't be done I'll just wait until that morning and place it.

In your case I would place the order earlier in the day and set the arrival time for an hour or two before you arrive. The hotel will hold it for you.

7 days to go and now I'm constantly watching the weather! Last trip we had a 12 hour delay due to mechanical failure on our plane so I'm a bit nervous. Philly is due for rain Friday morning, as of right now. I know it's pretty far out for weather forecasts. Orlando is also showing thunderstorms. I don't care if it rains while I'm at WDW. I just want to get there without major delays!!

7 days to go and now I'm constantly watching the weather! Last trip we had a 12 hour delay due to mechanical failure on our plane so I'm a bit nervous. Philly is due for rain Friday morning, as of right now. I know it's pretty far out for weather forecasts. Orlando is also showing thunderstorms. I don't care if it rains while I'm at WDW. I just want to get there without major delays!!

We are flying out of Philly, too. We are at 11 days, so I haven't looked at the weather yet, but it know I will be soon. I always say that I don't care if I have delays on the way home, I just want to get there on time.

So I'm trying something new for this trip....and it arrived yesterday. A fanny pack! I'm so excited! I get so frustrated holding anything and tired of carrying a backpack or over the shoulder bag. Yay!

Me too! I won't have a toddler with me this trip, so I am trying a very small bag this trip for the first time. Hope it is a success for both of us!

I always track the weather. At first I'm calm...it's fall, no snow. But the threat of any rain starts getting me all worried. Sad to say, but I'm worried about our arrival back home at the end of the trip. We land around 7:00 pm on a Sunday and won't get home until about 8:30 pm (if all is on time). UGH - to get ready for school/work the next morning is stressing me out. Maybe I'll pre-pack all our lunches and have clean clothes already picked out for the next day. I don't even want to think about the trip being over!

::yes::
We took my MIL to Disney/Florida once. ONCE. In 2007 which was our boys' 2nd trip there and we also had my 2 stepsons. We were offsite using our timeshare so we had 4 bedrooms, 2 full kitchens, she was in a lock-off. When we landed we went to a grocery store. DH and I separated from MIL and when we caught up, she had like 20 lbs of ground beef and all the stuff to make gravy and meatballs along with chicken cutlets, mussels. We were like um..............what are you doing? She planned on cooking for us most nights :confused3 So we told her we didn't really plan on being there every night, we wanted to eat out (we don't cook on vacation) and she said, "I have a kitchen, I'm not paying to eat out!"
And she didn't. She only came out with us once to eat breakfast and spent one day at the resort making gravy which the boys had periodically during the trip. Then another day we were at mini golf around lunch time so we ate there and she was pissy, asking why we didn't just go back to the room and then come back to golf since she had cold cuts and cutlets there. I know that doesn't sound all that bad but since we only bring things like granola bars, energy bars, and chips for the boys, that was our last vacation with her lol!

Boma is getting lots of love this Thanksgiving :goodvibes

I always track the weather. At first I'm calm...it's fall, no snow. But the threat of any rain starts getting me all worried. Sad to say, but I'm worried about our arrival back home at the end of the trip. We land around 7:00 pm on a Sunday and won't get home until about 8:30 pm (if all is on time). UGH - to get ready for school/work the next morning is stressing me out. Maybe I'll pre-pack all our lunches and have clean clothes already picked out for the next day. I don't even want to think about the trip being over!

Our flight home is at 10:15 pm and we land at 12:30 am. I took off that Monday but DD will have to go to school. She's a night owl, can sleep on the plane and I'm sure she will be fine the next day for school but I really don't want any delays either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter