***Official November 2022 Thread***

Is it kind of like an ADR where the system just "knows" that you have qualifying resort reservations in order to purchase them on the 30th? I reaaaaaally want them for November 27th and reaaaaaaally don't want to call.
Yes, just make sure you’re signed in before you try to buy the tickets

I think it's worth it to go at least once and experience it. I'm one of those that likes to experience things for myself instead of taking someone else's word for it.

We did it in 2018 and have no regrets but we won't be doing it this year. If we were going in December I would probably give it more consideration but we go the first week the party is offered and we aren't in full Christmas mode just yet.

The parade and fireworks are amazing. The dance parties are cute. The character meets are different. We went for the theming and the actual party festivities and didn't go for rides so we didn't watch the wait times. The fake snow on Main Street was a hit.

As for the cons it's so crowded. It's like a regular park day with Christmas decorations. The character lines are very long. And the free cookies suck.

Me and DD16 are Christmas freaks but we are passing this year. We will instead go to MK that day, leave at 6 and have dinner at Cali Grill during the fireworks. The biggest thing I will miss is the parade.
Are the Christmas decorations for the MVMCP more extensive than the regular park Christmas decorations during the regular hours?

Hey 👋 My best friend and I will be in the November group!! I can’t wait!! We will also be celebrating my 1 year cancer free!!
That’s a wonderful thing to celebrate there! My DH and I went after my first clean CT after radiation. That was 2 and a half years ago and every scan has been clear since. Make sure you get a celebration button when you check in and write something about it. I wrote Clean CT No Big C! and my husband wrote wife is cancer-free! I had the best conversations with cast members, all sharing their experiences and wishing me the best. After 9 months of an emotional roller coaster ride (I was diagnosed during my daughter’s pregnancy, 1st time grandma), it felt so good to get so many smiles and hugs.
Have the best trip ever!!

Has anyone ever gone to the first Christmas party? Is it crazy crowded more than the others because its the first one?

Has anyone ever gone to the first Christmas party? Is it crazy crowded more than the others because its the first one?
I’m assuming it will be more crowded because all the Disney bloggers and whatnot. If you have the option to go a different day, I would do that.

I don’t have any other days I can go, so I’m just going to suck it up and go with the flow. We don’t know what capacity Disney is setting for these events, just making assumptions based on pre-Covid party capacities, which were not very limited at all.

I'm wondering the same thing. We're doing a split stay at the Grand Floridian/Riviera, and I was hoping to go to the party while we're at the GF. Turns out the only night that would work is the 1st party.

I'm thinking my friend and I will have different priorities than the vloggers anyway, so we might just go anway because of the proximity factor!

Ugh just realized our last night is 20th, not 19th (how can I forget THAT) so back to hoping Fantasmic is back because we don’t want to spend on the party having done once. Anyone heard anything on Fantasmic?

Hi
Decided to join in to the November group because we are considering doing a MVMCP night
We love Christmas time soooo much
We’d mainly be going for atmosphere, shorter wait times ? and firework
I need to decide between Thursday, November 17 or Tuesday, November 22 I’m assuming probably the 17th will be much less crowded but we may have to go up a day earlier than we had planned if we do that……We’re coming down from Atlanta area on that Thursday but I think that would be a little much if we are staying up super late that night

We had already splurged on Orlando informer meetup tickets(not for my younger ones) And Had planned on getting the veteran $80 sea world fun pass. And that’s how we had planned on spending our Thanksgiving week.

But my girls(5&8) are at such a great age for Disney World and I hate for them keep missing going there at this prime age lol
I have five kids my oldest are in their 20s now and I just always remember that age like between six and eight always seemed the most absolute magical vacations for us of course they were all great but there was just something about that age range

I still have three at home so we’re just getting a little priced out of the Disney vacations with the five of us and having to get two rooms staying on site……We’re gonna try to swing it next year for a week, probably staying offsite and whatever else we can do to squeeze the budget……I wanna just take advantage of their age this year and next 🙂

Hi
Decided to join in to the November group because we are considering doing a MVMCP night
I need to decide between Thursday, November 17 or Tuesday, November 22 I’m assuming probably the 17th will be much less crowded but we may have to go up a day earlier than we had planned if we do that……We’re coming down from Atlanta area on that Thursday but I think that would be a little much if we are staying up super late that night.
I really don’t know if the 17th will be that much less crowded. We know many, many people who are flying down from the northeast on the 16th and 17th to have less crowded park time and then spend Thanksgiving week enjoying their resorts.

When we did Thanksgiving at WDW in 2020, there was a noticeable uptick in crowds (even with reduced capacity) beginning the Thursday before Thanksgiving.

My girls are close to yours in age (9 and 7) and, if we were going, I would opt for the 22nd by doing a lazy day at the resort and then heading to MK for 4 with party tickets.

Hi
I need to decide between Thursday, November 17 or Tuesday, November 22 I’m assuming probably the 17th will be much less crowded but we may have to go up a day earlier than we had planned if we do that……We’re coming down from Atlanta area on that Thursday but I think that would be a little much if we are staying up super late that night

We had already splurged on Orlando informer meetup tickets(not for my younger ones) And Had planned on getting the veteran $80 sea world fun pass. And that’s how we had planned on spending our Thanksgiving week.

But my girls(5&8) are at such a great age for Disney World and I hate for them keep missing going there at this prime age lol
I have five kids my oldest are in their 20s now and I just always remember that age like between six and eight always seemed the most absolute magical vacations for us of course they were all great but there was just something about that age range

I still have three at home so we’re just getting a little priced out of the Disney vacations with the five of us and having to get two rooms staying on site……We’re gonna try to swing it next year for a week, probably staying offsite and whatever else we can do to squeeze the budget……I wanna just take advantage of their age this year and next 🙂
We went to a Halloween party on our arrival day in 2015. I remember feeling rushed and worrying about time, we drove that trip and I remember worrying a out arrival time. We had a lot of fun at the party thoguh and it was a great start to our trip.

We are doing the 17th! It will be our pool/resort day and I am looking forward to having that relaxing day before doing the party.

Where do all of you live? I am constantly amazed at people doing pool days when the temps are in the 70s! We do, however, live in SW California so anything with a 7 in front of it is winter weather for us warranting jeans, long shirts and shoes! friends From the north came to visit last year and couldn’t believe people were in Uggs and puffer jackets when it was 65…lol.

Where do all of you live? I am constantly amazed at people doing pool days when the temps are in the 70s! We do, however, live in SW California so anything with a 7 in front of it is winter weather for us warranting jeans, long shirts and shoes! friends From the north came to visit last year and couldn’t believe people were in Uggs and puffer jackets when it was 65…lol.
I'm Canadian (southern Ontario), so 70s in November is definitely hot.

Last time we went to Disney, we drove up and I remember stopping for food in North Carolina and we were all in t-shirts and eveyone else was in jackets and long sleeves. Then when we got to the hotel, the wan was giving us curious looks until I checked in and she was like "your Canadian" as if that explained everything (probably did).

For the Christmas Party early date where we can book early based on resort, do I need to call or can I do booking online? Also, what time does the booking usually open?

We live in New England so 65+ degrees is shorts and T-shirts for us.

Also are not the pools heated during colder periods. I thought I remembered years ago when we went in November the pool was heated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter