*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending thoughts and prayers to your friends' Mom and to all of you too. Here's hoping you will be able to take your vacation as planned.:grouphug:

I know it's still a week away but.... they are callin for rain for the first 3 days of my vacation:sad2: Really hoping it changes!!

We are arriving on Oct 27 - Nov 5th. First time at POR. (my fav POFQ was booked) Nervous about the size of the resort. :tink:

We are arriving on Oct 27 - Nov 5th. First time at POR. (my fav POFQ was booked) Nervous about the size of the resort. :tink:

It's booked, really??? We are at POFQ and it is our first time staying there. We have stayed at CBR and we loved it...I'm nervous the POFQ is too small. I have heard great things about it though :yay:

Sending lots of pixie dust and thoughts your way! :hug: My grandmother had a triple bypass and aortic valve replacement and had a hard time of it for a while after recovery (and that was 30 years ago!). She was on a vent for 11 days after, which is a LONG time, but she pulled through and was as fiesty as ever for a long time after. Hoping this is a minor setback and she just needs some support to get her through a tough time. :goodvibes

Definitely sending lots of pixie dust and thoughts your way also. Hopefully it's just a short stay back in the ICU :hug:

She's in my prayers! And for you as well, because that is a hard decision you have to make.

Sending good thoughts to you and your friends. Keep us posted.

Sending thoughts and prayers to your friends' Mom and to all of you too. Here's hoping you will be able to take your vacation as planned.:grouphug:

Thank you for the prayers and pixie dust everyone. :hug: As of today, my friends' Mom is out of ICU and back to doing rehab. My friends are still wanting to go on the trip..but I am just taking it one day at a time. Praying that my friends' Mom's health improves and she has no more complications is my main concern at this time.

Thank you for the prayers and pixie dust everyone. :hug: As of today, my friends' Mom is out of ICU and back to doing rehab. My friends are still wanting to go on the trip..but I am just taking it one day at a time. Praying that my friends' Mom's health improves and she has no more complications is my main concern at this time.

you are such a wonderful friend. I hope that she continues to improve, so you can go on your trip and enjoy every minute of it. What day are you leaving again? Keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

FINALLY! I get to break out this special guy > :dancer:

because I'm in the single digits!!!

O yeah! :banana::yay::woohoo::dance3:

Yay, creepy guy!!!

I got a ton done yesterday. Today I have to work around Zoey and get packing. I'm hoping to send her to a friends for a playdate so i can get a lot accomplished. Trying to pull off this surprise trip thing isn't easy!! tlenzendorf have your kids figured anything out yet?

I know exactly what you mean about taking it one day at a time. We just got back from the World last night. We almost cancelled our trip because DH's father is terminally ill and hospice says he probably only has two weeks left, max. But we ended up taking our trip still. DH called for updates on his father daily but still said he really enjoyed our vacation and meeting up with some good friends of his while there. It was hard not to worry about my father in law while we were there but overall I had a good time too. Now DH is going up to NY to see his family today. I hope your friends' mom continues to get stronger. Glad she is out of ICU.

Just got home from Disney last night. We arrived on Friday the 7th. It POURED on the 8th and on and off on the 9th but the rest of the time it was hot and sunny. Got lots of sun and heat rash! And a bunch of super itchy bug bites. I usually only get one bite, if that but this time I got probably at least seven. Wish we didn't have to come home yesterday because it was perfect. Partly sunny and very breezy - didn't feel hot at all! Crowd levels were good up until our last two days. Friday HS, Epcot and MK were all super crowded and Epcot was super busy yesterday. HS did not feel that crowded to me on Thursday but all the TSMM fast passes were gone when we got there at 11:45 and by late afternoon/early evening it was a TWO HOUR standby wait! We saw Fantasmic! that night. Sorcerer Mickey was absent from the finale :confused3. To everyone going soon, have a good time! Enjoy!

Just did online check-in!:yay:
You know what that means....???????????
Tomorrow we hit the single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo::cheer2:

Super excited this time b/c DS3 is finally tall enough for a lot more rides!:banana

ETA: ignore my ticker. we added a day on the front.

I know exactly what you mean about taking it one day at a time. We just got back from the World last night. We almost cancelled our trip because DH's father is terminally ill and hospice says he probably only has two weeks left, max. But we ended up taking our trip still. DH called for updates on his father daily but still said he really enjoyed our vacation and meeting up with some good friends of his while there. It was hard not to worry about my father in law while we were there but overall I had a good time too. Now DH is going up to NY to see his family today. I hope your friends' mom continues to get stronger. Glad she is out of ICU.

daizieduck.. Glad your family was able to take the disney trip. My two bestfriends are like sisters to me. In fact, their parents consider me like another daughter. Last week, after the triple by pass heart operation the doctor said only immediate family could see her. I sat back in the waiting room letting my friends go see their Mom, and then their Dad said, " Come on Mom wants to see you too". :hug: We have been friends since the 7th grade and spent many summer days hanging out with their extended family. I realize the stress of having a family member ill, since my Mom also had a very difficult surgery back in 2006. Your family is in my prayers.

Just did online check in!!! So excited 10 days to the mouse!!!! Hopw the weather is good!!!

Did online Check in today( as well as I called Disney Reservations direct because it wouldnt let me add my 2 requests)

Staying at Coronado Springs for the 1st time- just hubby and I! :cool1: we are leaveing on the 25th, staying at a hotel near the airport and fly out very early oct 26....We should be at our resort by 1130am!!

Hi DIS'ers!
Still tinkering with Illuminations Cruise plans - for anyone that will be there the last week of October I am looking for a group of 2 to share an Illumination's Cruise on Wed Oct 26.
However, one of my group of 3's may have to cancel their trip so I'm also tentatively looking for a group of 3. Or a group of 4 or 5 would work too since 5 is the max total of spots I may need to fill.
The Illuminations Cruise is on a 25' Tracker Pontoon that holds up to 10 guests for $346.13 (+ tip) which includes boat, driver, assorted bag snacks, and assorted soft drinks. The cost is $40 per person (assuming we have a filled boat of 10) which includes the cruise and tip for the boat driver.
Illuminations are set for 9p that night so we would meet at the Yacht & Beach Club marina at 8p, finalize payment, meet with our driver, and take off for the fabulous show!

Please message me if interested or have any questions (I haven't been able to keep up with the boards so likely won't see a response in the thread).

HOW fun- i surprised my hubby and kids with this a few years ago ( we had the whole boat to ourselves) We saw WISHES over MK , it was AWESOME!

GOOD LUCK!!

Hi DIS'ers!
Still tinkering with Illuminations Cruise plans - for anyone that will be there the last week of October I am looking for a group of 2 to share an Illumination's Cruise on Wed Oct 26.
However, one of my group of 3's may have to cancel their trip so I'm also tentatively looking for a group of 3. Or a group of 4 or 5 would work too since 5 is the max total of spots I may need to fill.
The Illuminations Cruise is on a 25' Tracker Pontoon that holds up to 10 guests for $346.13 (+ tip) which includes boat, driver, assorted bag snacks, and assorted soft drinks. The cost is $40 per person (assuming we have a filled boat of 10) which includes the cruise and tip for the boat driver.
Illuminations are set for 9p that night so we would meet at the Yacht & Beach Club marina at 8p, finalize payment, meet with our driver, and take off for the fabulous show!

Please message me if interested or have any questions (I haven't been able to keep up with the boards so likely won't see a response in the thread).

Well, as it goes, the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray...
I had planned to have everything trip related done tonight including packing. But my sister thought a trip to the ER yesterday would be more fun. We had DD's party and then she started complaining of vision changes andhas been struggling with gallbladder issues. The short story is I started tye dyeing yesterday at 6:30am. I finally got in bed last night at 2 am when she picked up her 2 mo son who wouldn't settle. She had gotten out to the er and checked on him. So sounds like she is having surgery in the early part of the week. I do have the shirts done, including the tye dyes which turned out well. I started going over my packing list and checking things off. I do have the clothes in piles but I realized I was overpacking so I decided to stop for the night. I'll go at it tomorrow. I just have so much to do for work this week... And did I mention one of my nurse's is unexpectedly out for the next two weeks due to her daughter's health concerns.... woohoo! But it's okay b/c a week from tonight I will be partying hard at the Halloween party!!:banana::banana:

Well, as it goes, the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray...
I had planned to have everything trip related done tonight including packing. But my sister thought a trip to the ER yesterday would be more fun. We had DD's party and then she started complaining of vision changes andhas been struggling with gallbladder issues. The short story is I started tye dyeing yesterday at 6:30am. I finally got in bed last night at 2 am when she picked up her 2 mo son who wouldn't settle. She had gotten out to the er and checked on him. So sounds like she is having surgery in the early part of the week. I do have the shirts done, including the tye dyes which turned out well. I started going over my packing list and checking things off. I do have the clothes in piles but I realized I was overpacking so I decided to stop for the night. I'll go at it tomorrow. I just have so much to do for work this week... And did I mention one of my nurse's is unexpectedly out for the next two weeks due to her daughter's health concerns.... woohoo! But it's okay b/c a week from tonight I will be partying hard at the Halloween party!!:banana::banana:

O jeez that's a rough day. Hope everything turns out ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter