*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew! Busy weekend trying to get everything done and we had a party on Saturday and then DD was sick yesterday and is home with DH today. She's got a cold, but my parents had her up untiil 10:30 on Saturday night because she whined when they tried to put her to bed each time. :eek: Um, you have 6 grandchildren!! Hello!!! That's what they do! So she was exhausted yesterday and has a cold and didn't eat much and was up at midnight throwing up from the lack of food in her stomach combined with the drip from her cold. We gave her yogurt and some dry cereal and she went to bed happy. She's home today with DH anyway, as I didn't want to send her in after that just in case.

So I haven't had much time to get online and say YAY to everyone who is winding down our October countdowns and YAY to everyone who is there and YAY to everyone who is coming back (although boo for entering the real world again!)!!!! :yay::yay:

I cannot believe my ticker is now at DAYS!!! :woohoo:

We got mostly packed last night. Wow it's really hard to hide 5 suitcases!!! lol It made the trip seem so much more real! It's kind of surreal since we have been planning it for 19 months now!

So, I've decided in addition to each of us taking our one suitcase, I'm taking a medium sized suitcase as well to check mostly for my shopping! Haha! Am I crazy? We'll be there for 10 days, and I don't do laundry on vacation, so our other suitcases are stuffed full and won't have extra room!

My problem is I usually buy my son a lot of stuff from Disney World to give him for Christmas and his January birthday, and then I can never find a way to get it all to fit in the suitcases. Then I end up lugging all these huge shopping bags on the plane. The last few years, he was young enough he didn't really pay attention to what I had.

Well, he's 5 now and getting smarter! :rotfl2: So it will be harder to sneak all the gifts home. So I'm thinking I'll pack the medium size suitcase up with snacks and disposable items and check it on the way down. Then I'll have an empty suitcase to fill up with all the stuff I buy on the way home. Am I completely crazy or does this sound like am ok plan?

We got mostly packed last night. Wow it's really hard to hide 5 suitcases!!! lol It made the trip seem so much more real! It's kind of surreal since we have been planning it for 19 months now!

We are mostly packed too--and hiding the suitcases from our daughter is killing me! I kept them in the basement do its up and down 2 flights of stairs to pack!!

3 more days of work--today was crazy, I have so much to finish at work before we leave. Tonight I need to do more laundry and charge our cameras/laptops/ iPad. Heaven forbid we not be connected while gone!!

We are mostly packed too--and hiding the suitcases from our daughter is killing me! I kept them in the basement do its up and down 2 flights of stairs to pack!!

3 more days of work--today was crazy, I have so much to finish at work before we leave. Tonight I need to do more laundry and charge our cameras/laptops/ iPad. Heaven forbid we not be connected while gone!!

Yes..this is getting tricky for us as well. Hiding her suitcase, trying to get ours together without her getting "wise." Can't tell her why she won't be going to a school mate's birthday skating party. Getting dicey, but I'm starting to get excited. I tend to be the one who stresses!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

It's a first trip for all of us to the World. First time on a plane for her. Still haven't figured out how we're telling her! Got the housesitter/pet sitter lined up...YAY. We both had colds, but hopefully by Friday they will be all but gone. Hope the weather is good. Looks like it's cooling down??? Rainy?

Mommy2Jameson, I don't think it's crazy at all. We are taking a suitcase for each (probably won't be maxed) and a carryon each, even though DH and DD will be pretty much empty but for the purpose of we plan on having them full on the return home :).

Enjoy your trip!!

The weather for next week looks kinda yucky for a few days. Originally the rain was forecast for Sunday and Monday. Now it's moved to Tues and Wednesday. Maybe it will just keep on movin' and miss completely!! :lmao:I was ust telling DMIL we have taken our ponchos the last two years and not needed them. Apparently the third time is "the charm" may be working against us!
DSis had her surgery today. All is going well with that. I have about a fourth of the powerpoints done for work. I put the finishing touches on our tye dye shirts just now. Bills are paid so tomorrow I'll finish packing. The tye dye shirts can't go in until 72 hrs.. but that's okay. We still have 109 hours 'till we leave.. but who's counting!!:yay::dance3::woohoo:

2 more days!!! Can you believe i haven't even started packing? Though my house is almost all clean! :) Since I work from home I'm doing laundry all day today and tomorrow DH and I will break out the suitcases and pack. We're both off tomorrow and I have a ton of errands to run. The hard part is going to be limiting how much DH brings. He WAY over packs and each of our first bags fly free, so I told him we each only get one bag and one carry on so he needs to deal.

Anyone else hate flying?? I'm fine once we're up in the air, but it's that initial getting up that I can't wait to be over.

5 more days!!! :banana::banana:

I have to go to FedEx today and ship down the snacks to the resort I bought that I realize I waited far too long to ship! :eek: Oh well, if they don't get there until next Tuesday, no biggie. We can last a day in the parks without them.

I haven't packed anything yet and DH informed me last night that he's "in between sizes" and doesn't have much to wear since he's lost some weight (which is great, but he couldn't have started a month earlier???? :laughing:). So this should be fun. I told him last night to try stuff on so he knows what he has so he can do some shopping this week if he needs to, but I know he didn't do it. :headache: Guess I'll be taking a trip to the mall at some point.

DD seems to be in better spirits today. I forget where I mentioned it, but she was home yesterday after getting sick the night before. It was all because of her cold and going to bed with an empty stomach. She didn't eat her dinner and I know the congestion just got to her. Yesterday she complained of a belly ache a bit, but seemed fine otherwise. Today she's as happy as a clam but has a cough. I can deal with a cough as long as she's not feeling bad. Hopefully the cough will go away by the weekend.

I'm useless this week. I have my work up to do and I keep ignoring it. :lmao:

Can I just say that I admire all of you who are keeping this trip a secret? I could NEVER do that. I am known to have sort of a big mouth... :laughing: I tried to last trip, I really tried, but yeahhh that didn't work. I couldn't stop talking about the trip for the second we decided we would do it!

So yesterday was my DB's big 13th birthday(who we are taking with us.) As a joke after DB got done opening his presents my Dad brought out a mickey mouse balloon. He shouted, "Happy birthday! Your going to Disney World!" Needless to say, my big bad teenager brother, who already obviously knew thanks to my big mouth, was NOT impressed. However, he did like the starter pin set and lanyard I bought for him! He's never pin traded before and is excited to do it this trip.

Ok now, back to work! 4 more days of work and 6 more days till we leave!

Can I just say that I admire all of you who are keeping this trip a secret?

Ugh it's hard! Soooooo hard! Especially when they get older and think they are so smart and question EVERYTHING that you do. Brent's daughter knows, my oldest has an inkling(I'm hoping I convinced her otherwise) and my youngest has no idea. Brent's daughter knows thanks to the attendance lady at school, though!!! I called and made the suggestion that next time she is told it's a surprise vacation to NOT put it in absences yet since they teach them in computer class how to see their attendance :sad2:

I couldn't keep the secret. I wouldn't even try, to be honest. I love the videos of the kids being so excited, but I can't wait for the day when DD is old enough that I can plan everything with her. :goodvibes So I wouldn't keep it secret from her for that reason.

So does anyone else sometimes think you should be a travel agent and are in the wrong profession? :rotfl: I just got done helping a coworker set up his Disney account so he has a chance to get a PIN for a trip he wants to take with his daughter in April. Plus I was telling him when the best days to fly are and how SW policies allow you to change flights for free so you can book now and get the lower prices later. I could've talked about it all day! I'm in the wrong biz. :laughing:

So does anyone else sometimes think you should be a travel agent and are in the wrong profession? :rotfl: I just got done helping a coworker set up his Disney account so he has a chance to get a PIN for a trip he wants to take with his daughter in April. Plus I was telling him when the best days to fly are and how SW policies allow you to change flights for free so you can book now and get the lower prices later. I could've talked about it all day! I'm in the wrong biz. :laughing:

Here here! I am our office travel agent. I have planned/help plan 5 other people's vacations from our office. Plus one of Ellie's friend's moms and 3 people at Brent's work! Brent calls me the Disney rain man :lmao: Or genius, or evil genius, the encyclopedia, whichever comes out of his mouth at the time... I'm very sad that I won't be able to do that when I go to the new office right away. Maybe I can convert them... I know that 2/4 docs have been within the past 2 years.

Here here! I am our office travel agent. I have planned/help plan 5 other people's vacations from our office. Plus one of Ellie's friend's moms and 3 people at Brent's work! Brent calls me the Disney rain man :lmao: Or genius, or evil genius, the encyclopedia, whichever comes out of his mouth at the time... I'm very sad that I won't be able to do that when I go to the new office right away. Maybe I can convert them... I know that 2/4 docs have been within the past 2 years.

:lmao: Sean has a friend at work who he calls Disney Steve because he has a brother that works at Disney and that's how he would refer to him so I knew who he was. But we've come to find out even though they go every year (and will be there next week too!), I know more about Disney than Disney Steve does so now I'm Disney Lisa and Steve is losing his title! :rotfl:

I like the Encyclopedia, though. It's like a super hero name.

:lmao: Sean has a friend at work who he calls Disney Steve because he has a brother that works at Disney and that's how he would refer to him so I knew who he was. But we've come to find out even though they go every year (and will be there next week too!), I know more about Disney than Disney Steve does so now I'm Disney Lisa and Steve is losing his title! :rotfl:

I like the Encyclopedia, though. It's like a super hero name.

He brought that one out this weekend when we were shopping. He has someone at work thinking about planning a trip and told them if he needs help he lives with the Disney Encyclopedia. Cracked me up!

Hmm, I like your thinking that it's like a super hero name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter