*****Official October 2011 Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle, I just read your trip report. It's good to know we can enjoy F&W w/o crowds during the week. Were weekends crowded at all the parks or just Epcot?
Which 2 wks are blocked from free dining? I would prefer a room discount anyway & no free dining may mean less crowds!

I am thinking of going next year in Oct & wanted to know how the weather was for your trips this Oct? We are going the week of Columbus day weekend & wanted to know if it will still be hot/humid. Did it rain alot too? How were the crowds?
Did any of you attend Food & Wine Fest while there? Was it crowded?
Thanks!

We went the 21st through the 29th and it was beautiful. It rained our last day there, and that was it. The first few days were cool, probably no higher than 75, but sunny. Got hotter as the week went on, but not outrageously so.

I am thinking of going next year in Oct & wanted to know how the weather was for your trips this Oct? We are going the week of Columbus day weekend & wanted to know if it will still be hot/humid. Did it rain alot too? How were the crowds?
Did any of you attend Food & Wine Fest while there? Was it crowded?
Thanks!

We went Oct 12-16th this year Columbus day week and the weather was hot, hot, hot, and humid! Temps were in the 90's. We didn't have any rain unitl we were on the DCL portion of our trip on the 19th. Crowds weren't bad at all but we are used to the big crowds in March. We have also been in November and I thought the crowds were moderate. We attended the MNSSHP. I also found that not to be as crowded as the Xmas party. I have more in my trip report in my signature. The only thing I was upset about it that we couldn't get free dining this week. I didn't think it was any more busy than any other time we've been.

I went Oct 16-22 this year and we had cloudy/misty on the 18th, but were able to attend MNSSHP that night with a smaller crowd. Otherwise, the weather was beautiful! The end of the week had cool mornings, but the days warmed up fast. It is a wonderful time of the year to go!

If you want to do free dining, realize that 2 weeks of October are blacked out.

I was there 10/15-10/23. The first day full day it was chilly and then it warmed up to upper 80's. Then during the middle part of the week, a sub-tropical storm came through. There were dire predicitons of 10+ indhes of rain and power outages but most of the system affected areas south of Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter