***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Just got back last night. Had a wonderful trip. The weather was a little hot, but we had no rain. :cool1: The crowds for Food and Wine were horrible. It was wall to wall people in the World Showcase and the lines looked like there were a good 45 minutes each. We did not even attempt to try anything. Oh well just another reason to go back next year. :rotfl2:

My one tip for those who have not left yet is to pack your own toilet paper for your resort. The parks were fine, but the resort was a little rough for me. Maybe I am just picky about that, but wanted to give you guys a heads up. :yay:

I need to read yesterday's posts and catch up but I wanted to quickly share something totally off-topic.

For those of you who are baseball fans or have to buy Christmas presents for baseball fans, Amazon is having a sale on baseball jerseys. They're normally $100. Yesterday we ordered a bunch for $24. Today they seem to be up to $30 but that's still a huge bargain. The sale is only on certain sizes. But I was able to get Youth Small for DS, Youth X-Large for myself and Men's XX-Large for DH all at the sale price. And they had a big selection of players, alternate colors, road and batting practice jerseys, etc.

Search for "MLB replica jersey" and the name of your favorite team. Not sure how long the sale will last and supplies are limited but I did a random search for other teams and there are still some out there.

Thanks! Of course the Phillies shirts are the most expensive, even with the big choke! :laughing: Still cheaper than normal, though!

wow can't believe that this time tomorrow we are going to be on the plan. So far the only horrible day of weather is tomorrow. Hoping SoA is not cancelled, but if it is I guess we do plan B. Rain or Shine not going to complain we will be on vacation.

Yay! ONE.. DAY.. MORE!!!!! (Always in my head when there is one day left :lmao:) Hopefully that storm will move out quickly for you guys or move a little more south and there won't be as much rain. Luckily the next week looks sunny! Let's hope they are at least right about that!!!!!

6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm going to be useless at work this week. Good thing I don't have anything hugely important to do. You know, like an audit. :rotfl:

311042_2129595439608_1237620211_32063486_728399968_n.jpg

9 DAYS! Whoo, we leave next Wednesday! I am working like crazy on our costumes for MNSSHP. Crunch time.

The bad news is I can't find my point and shoot camera ANYWHERE. I usually just use my iPhone so I don't carry a camera around any more, but for a special thing like vacation I want to take a camera with me. I'm going to test out my mom's tomorrow and if I think the pics come out decent I'll borrow hers, but if not I found one with good reviews online that is in stock at all the Wal-Mart locations near my house...but I don't really wanna buy a new camera right now, that's $100 out of the vacation budget! I could just bring only the DSLR but that might be too much effort to carry around all the time. HMM, decisions decisions.

MNSSHP tickets: done
Sea World tickets: done
photopass: done

things are finally coming together never thought this day would come. Keith and I still need to bake banana bread but waiting until closer to dinner.

Just got back last night. Had a wonderful trip. The weather was a little hot, but we had no rain. :cool1: The crowds for Food and Wine were horrible. It was wall to wall people in the World Showcase and the lines looked like there were a good 45 minutes each. We did not even attempt to try anything. Oh well just another reason to go back next year. :rotfl2:

Just wondering what day/time you were there. We're going specifically for 3 days at F&W but I think we have a good plan.

for those of you who will be at MK on the 24th we are meeting up at 10:00 pm (yes that is the evening) at the Dole whip stand (Aloha Isle). Hope to see you there.

So things have been insane since Thurs. I told my boss we weren't going to make our deadline, but before we could do anything the users totally switched priorities. So I was even more swamped through noon today, but now the stuff I was working on can be delayed until I come back. I hat switching gears like that, but at least now I have breathing room. Of course, without the looming deadline I probably won't be as productive the next 3 days. ;)

The weekend wasn't much better. sat DS had a baseball game and then we had early dinner reservations. We went to one of our favorite restaurants to see their pastry chef (Matthew) before he wins Top Chef Just Desserts and the place totally gets mobbed. It was great but the day was shot, and I woke up late Sun with a wine hangover.

So I'm still not packed at all but the laundry is done. Presents are wrapped. I made the birthday banners. And printed housekeeping tip envelopes. I still need to book the babysitter, print the notes from Mickey (for the birthday surprise), cut more card stock for autograph book and, of course, pack.

Tonight is baseball and tomorrow guitar lessons. So guess I'll be up late Wed night. At least we're not leaving too early on Thurs.

Was this for the weekend only or weekdays too? We are planning a trip in Oct 2012, not really for the F & W but plan on spending few days at Epcot. Hoping for not to crazy crowds.

My one tip for those who have not left yet is to pack your own toilet paper for your resort. The parks were fine, but the resort was a little rough for me. Maybe I am just picky about that, but wanted to give you guys a heads up. :yay:

I'm going to be useless at work this week. Good thing I don't have anything hugely important to do. You know, like an audit. :rotfl:
:lmao:
OMG!!! This auditor is driving me up the wall! lol Seriously, I know he's supposed to question all sorts of things, but this is ridiculous! It is what it is....my assistant didn't reconcile the inventory accounts before she left on vacation (she just went away last week). I told her it was no problem, we would have time when she got back....wouldn't you know the auditor was four hours early?!?!

This only happens to me. :rotfl2:

And, of course, everybody needs something: someone needs a customer taken off hold, something goes wrong with the house system and I have to be support, one of our vendors put us on hold, etc. UGH!!!!! Two days and two and a half hours!!!

for those of you who will be at MK on the 24th we are meeting up at 10:00 pm (yes that is the evening) at the Dole whip stand (Aloha Isle). Hope to see you there.
Sounds great!!!! I will be there with Amy & Kyle. Donny and Quinn will be "resting" back at the room. Can't wait to meet you!

We were at Epcot both Thursday and Saturday. Thursday was crowded but doable, Saturday we got there at rope drop and headed to World Showcase at 1 for our Le Cellier ADR. When we got out at 2:15 it was all we could do to get out of World Showcase. So I guess if you wanna go stick with early in the week. We were only there Thursday - Sat so we had to do the best we could.

I keep checking the 10 day weather forecast on weather.com..Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, between 79 and 83 and sunny every day, no rain! :cool1: :cheer2:party:

OMG!!! This auditor is driving me up the wall! lol Seriously, I know he's supposed to question all sorts of things, but this is ridiculous! It is what it is....my assistant didn't reconcile the inventory accounts before she left on vacation (she just went away last week). I told her it was no problem, we would have time when she got back....wouldn't you know the auditor was four hours early?!?!

And, of course, everybody needs something: someone needs a customer taken off hold, something goes wrong with the house system and I have to be support, one of our vendors put us on hold, etc. UGH!!!!! Two days and two and a half hours!!!

Sounds great!!!! I will be there with Amy & Kyle. Donny and Quinn will be "resting" back at the room. Can't wait to meet you!

sorry to hear your day is horrible it can only get better.

Hurray I can't waity to meet you either.

Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now. :angel::angel::angel:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I remember having to deal with auditors in my old job for IT. PITA!!!!! Hang in there! :goodvibes

MNSSHP tickets: done
Sea World tickets: done
photopass: done

things are finally coming together never thought this day would come. Keith and I still need to bake banana bread but waiting until closer to dinner.

I may have missed this, but what's with the banana bread? Does it have special meaning or it's just on the to-do list?

I may have missed this, but what's with the banana bread? Does it have special meaning or it's just on the to-do list?

i always bake banana bread and blueberry muffins for the plane ride, it is a lot cheaper then eatting breakfast at the airport. Plus they are great when you have the munchies from boredom. :rotfl:

i always bake banana bread and blueberry muffins for the plane ride, it is a lot cheaper then eatting breakfast at the airport. Plus they are great when you have the munchies from boredom. :rotfl:

Ooh, that's a great idea AND it is a great way to use up the pumpkin bread I just baked this weekend that I know we won't be able to finish in time! :thumbsup2

Great idea. Last trip I ate in the airport and was so sick by the time we arrived. I now know where every restroom in MK is. Ugh. :sick:

And, of course, everybody needs something: someone needs a customer taken off hold, something goes wrong with the house system and I have to be support, one of our vendors put us on hold, etc. UGH!!!!! Two days and two and

I totally understand that. no matter how well we plan, something always happens. I totally delegated tonight's school event, so of course I was the one buying juice and paper plates in between work and baseball practice. Because, you know, if we don't do it, no one else will.

I need a countdown timer that counts hours. I keep looking at the 3 days and expecting it to change. :rotfl2:

We were there the first week and the evenings were really crowded but the afternoons weren't bad at all. Just a few minutes in every line and some we just walked up to the register.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter