***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Oh my gosh, I just stumbled on this.
I have decided that DH and I are going to take our (at that time not quite 3 yr old) daughter on a Disney trip next Oct. I am OBSESSED about this already! It's too early to even book anything, and I feel like a wacko. I'm glad there are other wackos, too, that makes me feel better. I am SO excited, even though it's a YEAR away.

Oh my gosh, I just stumbled on this.
I have decided that DH and I are going to take our (at that time not quite 3 yr old) daughter on a Disney trip next Oct. I am OBSESSED about this already! It's too early to even book anything, and I feel like a wacko. I'm glad there are other wackos, too, that makes me feel better. I am SO excited, even though it's a YEAR away.

Oh yes, there are plenty of other whackos like myself, in serious planning mode! LOL!! I have already even started figuring out what my kids will be wearing each day. LOL!!

Joining in!

We original planned on being there this October but due to family things we canceled and rescheduled to late Feb/early March 2011. There was not so much to "plan" because nothing is really going on except the start of Flower and Garden. Reading all these TRs about F&W and MNSSHP I realized how much I love :love: this time of year. Hubby and decided to jump on board for a second WDW trip in 2011! :dance3:

Yesterday I booked a 9 day trip for the end of October at the Poly :cool1: I have heard bouncebacks offered are only going until Spet 2011 so hopefully that will change by the time we get there in February :thumbsup2

I have been in Oct twice and December once and I just love WDW in October! Now our Feb/March trip will be more relaxed and less stressful trying to get our must dos in!

Looking forward to planning with you all! :wizard:

Cakesy, you are not whacko! lol I love planning, to me, that's have the fun! I have my binder, but do not have it organized yet - I've been too busy at work. But I'll get there.

BreezysMom, I am so jealous - two trips in one year. I would love to go twice, but with five of us (and we fly) it would be too much. Welcome aboard and I look forward (as I'm sure we all do) to hear about your plans.

We are planning on going in October 2011. We have been in October 1 time before and thought it would be fun to spend DD's 11th birthday at WDW next year. Our plan is to go from Thurs Oct 27 - Fri Nov 4. I would be over the moon if they had free dining during that time!

We are planning on doing this trip quite differently- we've always been Deluxe diners and we plan on doing a total Quick Service trip! We know Food and Wine will be going on -so lots of snacking and we want to not have any time commitments from dining reservations. Our plan is to stay at Pop. We will book this trip while we are WDW in Dec --- hoping for a bounce back room discount (we can always change if free dining is offered). :hippie:

Glad to see I'm not the only one already thinking about next year!

ive got my bounceback booked for sept. 26 - oct. 6th 2011 and i cant wait! its going to be TERRIFIC being there for the 40th anniversary on oct. 1!!!!

So, I am so excited about next Oct.'s trip, that I bought some cute DIsney halloween stuff at Walgreens to put up for our trip. I got a light up mickey pumpkin and a mickey ghost. I thought they would be cute to "decorate" our room. ANd I got some cute coloring books and treat bags to put up for the kids. :) Yes, my DH thinks I am crazy. :rotfl:

joining-- we are booked at POP for Oct 5-15 the next year _ I was reading all the posts a few weeks ago about Columbus Day crowds being crazy- I hope i can handle it- we usually go mid Dec when it is cool, crowds are low, but the school district changed the calendar from a yr round, to a more traditional one so no more early dec breaks boooo- Oh well I am keeping my fingers crossed that free dining dates will be extended to Oct! Happy Halloween!

We're planning on going mid October again next year. October is our favorite time at Disney! I started tossing around ideas for next year while I was on the way home from this year's trip. I can't book until January when my time off work gets approved. We're debating between a short cruise and a few days at POR, or a 10 day stay at Ft Wilderness. Decisions, decisions!

Hello All

I am pretty sure we are going to book Oct 23-30 2011. We had to cancel our trip for this November in fact should have been leaving tomorrow morning :sad1:

We planned on going the week after Thanksgiving (see ticker) then we started talking about trying again for earlier in November, looked at the FD promo that is currently out there and priced out Sept 29 into the first week of October but have decided it will just be a little too warm for our likeing at that time.

Subscribing as DH and I were doing some research and the weather in late October does not seem to be too hot and we would like to go to the F & W as this was to be our first year ever attending that.

Right now we are thinking about maybe changeing from the Beach Club to the Grand Floridian (my dream resort) since DH is retireing and might be the last time we go to WDW for a while.

Hello!!!

effervescent - Wow! A choice between a cruise and Ft. Wilderness. I know which one I would choose, but that's because I don't handle cruise ships well. lol

RockandRollBallerina - welcome! I think we're going to be there about the same time.

sjs314 - I do believe that late October is the absolute perfect time of year to visit Disney World. I will admit, when we went in 2007, it was hot & humid, but it was still less hot than it would have been in the summer. Also, you can't beat the F&W Festival....that is one of my hubby's and my favorite thing at WDW.

We Did It ! The snow and ice this am on the day we were suppose to be flying to WDW made us really really think hard about the timing of our trip for next year sooooooo We went ahead and booked CR Tower with a TPV for Oct 23-29 2011 !

I guess late October can be a bit unpredictable when it comes to weather since you had hot and humid one year and I read one TR where it was quite cold during the same time. Guess I will see what 2011 brings.

Fingers crossed for a Discount or FD for October 2011 !!!

We Did It ! The snow and ice this am on the day we were suppose to be flying to WDW made us really really think hard about the timing of our trip for next year sooooooo We went ahead and booked CR Tower with a TPV for Oct 23-29 2011 !

I guess late October can be a bit unpredictable when it comes to weather since you had hot and humid one year and I read one TR where it was quite cold during the same time. Guess I will see what 2011 brings.

Fingers crossed for a Discount or FD for October 2011 !!!

I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you (and me! LOL). I hope you're holding up okay with that freaky weather. I grew up in NH - my children still don't believe that I used to have snow on the ground for every Thanksgiving.

And I am sooo jealous about the CR Towers!

I sure wish I had a magic crystal ball to tell me if there will be FD or some sort of discount for next Oct. I am trying to talk my brother and his family into going with us, but the only way they will go is if there is FD or a good promotion going on.

HI! We just booked BCV for 10/8/11 - 10/15/11! We've been to MNSSHP before, but never to F&W. We're very excited. We're also letting DD bring a friend - but they don't know it yet. :rolleyes1 We've arranged it with the Mom already though! :cool1:

HI! We just booked BCV for 10/8/11 - 10/15/11! We've been to MNSSHP before, but never to F&W. We're very excited. We're also letting DD bring a friend - but they don't know it yet. :rolleyes1 We've arranged it with the Mom already though! :cool1:

That is so wonderful! I think, when my kids get a little older, I may allow them to bring a friend as well....especially if we go back to renting a house. The BCV sound great....I'll have to look at more photos online.

That is so wonderful! I think, when my kids get a little older, I may allow them to bring a friend as well....especially if we go back to renting a house. The BCV sound great....I'll have to look at more photos online.

Years ago since my eldest DS decided he did not want to go with us to Disney we let my youngest DS who was 18 bring a friend so he had someone to pal around with and it worked out nice since it gave Mom and Dad alone time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter