***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Thank you for starting this thread. We just returned from our Halloween vacation and I'm ready to start planning for next year!

We plan to go Oct. 27 - November 1st. or Oct. 28 - Nov. 5.

We're already planning for October 2011 as well! Hoping for 10/3 - 10/14 at CSR!

Welcome, sto6917 and Simba22!!! I was more than happy to start it.....it makes me feel good when I am not the only one planning almost a year ahead of time. LOL

sto, I would love to go during that time because I think it would be neat to see the change from autumn to Christmas decorations overnight at Disney....but, alas, my family has traditions on Halloween that require us to be home.

im so glad weve got a bunch of early planners here on this thread! i love october at walt disney world and im all booked and ready to be there with all of you guys! :thumbsup2 we are going to have a blast ... and weve got about ... 10 or so months till were all there! exciting!!! :banana:

We'll be there! Staying at the Poly 10/29/2011-11/5/2011. We're also gonna be at MNSSHP Halloween night! Counting the days...

I can't wait to sit on that beach with my dole whip, stare at that castle and do nothing!
(Ok, that might last for like a half hour, but still)

DD12 and i went to MNSSHP Halloween weekend this year and I started planning for next year while we were there-actually I do this every vacation.

So no "official" plans yet. however I am kicking around going on a cruise_not DCL this time for 4 days then go to WDW for a couple days October 6-8 of next year.

Well, unless they extend free dining, I will be moving over to the Sept. thread. LOL!!! We decided to go ahead and book with the free dining. It saves us so much money, it's hard to pass up. Hopefully it will be extended and we can join you back in the Oct. thread!! Keeping my fingers crossed. So our trip is now the last week of Sept.

Well, unless they extend free dining, I will be moving over to the Sept. thread. LOL!!! We decided to go ahead and book with the free dining. It saves us so much money, it's hard to pass up. Hopefully it will be extended and we can join you back in the Oct. thread!! Keeping my fingers crossed. So our trip is now the last week of Sept.

It is tempting I know if we switched to the last week of September with the FD we would save $700+ but I worry about the weather from what I can tell it is hotter and more humid then. Plus I would like to be able to go to F&W Festival.....decisions, decisions :confused3

It is tempting I know if we switched to the last week of September with the FD we would save $700+ but I worry about the weather from what I can tell it is hotter and more humid then. Plus I would like to be able to go to F&W Festival.....decisions, decisions :confused3

I worry about the heat too, but if you went by this year's weather it wasn't much different. My friends went for the week of Halloween and said it was miserably hot. LOL!! I just thought I'd lock in that price and if I decide to change it later I can.

I just booked the last day of free dining to October 8th. We'll be at POFQ. We were there in Oct/09 and it was unseasonably high (mid 90's the whole week with really high humidity). So I'm hoping it will be a little less hot this time around.

I worry about the heat too, but if you went by this year's weather it wasn't much different. My friends went for the week of Halloween and said it was miserably hot. LOL!! I just thought I'd lock in that price and if I decide to change it later I can.

You are probally doing the wiser thing, I just hope I am not sorry, if I would only get a room discount pin that included my dates I would be so happy

I just booked the last day of free dining to October 8th. We'll be at POFQ. We were there in Oct/09 and it was unseasonably high (mid 90's the whole week with really high humidity). So I'm hoping it will be a little less hot this time around.

I priced out that option too arriveing the last day of FD but since the room rates change on 9/30 the saving were not as great as going in Sept(value season), we'd only save a little less than $400.

I noticed the new promo ad on tv over the weekend about getting a Proclaimation Document if you booked a vacation but did not in my wildest dreams think that would be the promo to replace the room discount promo for bookings up to 2/16/11 that ended on November 21st but I guess it was :scared1:

I clicked on the banner ad this morning which said about booking a spring vacation and sure enough the dates are for bookings between 2/17/11 to 5/8/11.

I think I might talk to DH tonight about changeing our dates and go for the FD offer now that is still out there just in case , last years rumors of discounts ending, this new deal is not looking good to me at all :sad2:

I mean what is next a free lithograth ? :confused3

Ok I went back to the site and see they did extend the room discount offer but only save up to 35% from 2/17/11 to 4/16/11 which must be booked by December 31, 2010

Back to wishing for that elusive pin code for 2011 now

I should be thinking about Thanksgiving which is only 2 days away but when I noticed this morning that my ticker reads 11 months I jumped for joy ! :banana:

I am definately a Disneyholic :rotfl:

We are renting points at BLT. Going Oct. 9th-15th. First time to rent points and a bit nervous but I am loving the idea of saving money. Can't wait to be able to just hop on the monorail or walk to the Magic Kingdom with the girls.

Hi, wanted to join y'all! We just rented points at BLT, staying Oct 6-11, so excited to do MNSSHP as well as food and wine! We are going in a few weeks for Christmas and decided we are gonna upgrade our tickets AP's and come back in Oct!:cool1:

Hello, everyone!!! I am so sorry for being absent....I have been busy with work and prepping for Thanksgiving, etc. Anyway, I agree that it might be too hot in late September to switch my trip to free dining....I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a discount code. lol Besides, my family are pickers and we don't really eat too many meals, so, to us at least, it's just not a value. All five of us can happily share an adult chicken finger meal and be satisfied for a few hours. Also, having been in late September one year (2009) and late October another (2007), I can honestly say I was SO HOT in late September (the details are too gross to share).

Lastly, welcome NandK and taramoz.....I love the idea of renting points. Maybe if I can't get a discount code, I'll look into that. And you're both staying at BLT around the same time....too cool!!! I agree that it would be totally awesome to be able to walk to MK. I want to stay at Poly for the atmosphere and the view of MK; I think we are going to do appetizers and desserts one night at Cali Grill so the kids can see the view from there!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Hello, everyone!!! I am so sorry for being absent....I have been busy with work and prepping for Thanksgiving, etc. Anyway, I agree that it might be too hot in late September to switch my trip to free dining....I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a discount code. lol Besides, my family are pickers and we don't really eat too many meals, so, to us at least, it's just not a value. All five of us can happily share an adult chicken finger meal and be satisfied for a few hours. in Also, having been late September one year (2009) and late October another (2007), I can honestly say I was SO HOT in late September (the details are too gross to share).Lastly, welcome NandK and taramoz.....I love the idea of renting points. Maybe if I can't get a discount code, I'll look into that. And you're both staying at BLT around the same time....too cool!!! I agree that it would be totally awesome to be able to walk to MK. I want to stay at Poly for the atmosphere and the view of MK; I think we are going to do appetizers and desserts one night at Cali Grill so the kids can see the view from there!

Thank You for the reality check about the Heat and Humidity in late September. DH and I again priced out what FD would save us, aproximately $700 for the exact same trip but I am just not sure if it is worth it and I keep thinking for sure some deal will come out for fall

Thank You for the reality check about the Heat and Humidity in late September. DH and I again priced out what FD would save us, aproximately $700 for the exact same trip but I am just not sure if it is worth it and I keep thinking for sure some deal will come out for fall[/FONT]

I'm sure they'll do something.....October is usually slow for them (except, of course, for Columbus Weekend)....we can only hope and pray. :goodvibes

Lastly, welcome NandK and taramoz.....I love the idea of renting points. Maybe if I can't get a discount code, I'll look into that. And you're both staying at BLT around the same time....too cool!!! I agree that it would be totally awesome to be able to walk to MK. I want to stay at Poly for the atmosphere and the view of MK; I think we are going to do appetizers and desserts one night at Cali Grill so the kids can see the view from there!

Thanks for the welcome! I noticed NindK and I are both staying around the same time! I also reneted points for my trip in a couple weeks, since the dining plan doesn't work well for us renting points ends up being our best deal.

I also plan to try the Cali grill in Oct, I have seen many good reviews and want to see the fireworks at MK from there. So much fun planning!

It's been 3 years and our family decided last night that its time for a Disney fix. We've decided to forgo our caribbean winter and summer holidays and we're going back to Disney October 22 - November 1st. Haven't booked the hotel yet but after several years of staying at POR we want to now stay off site at the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on International.
Really excited to go back.....I'm already starting to plan as well. It's never too early as far as an organized, control freak mom is concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter