~~OFFICIAL October 2013 Planning Group~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be celebrating our daughters 4th birthday (October 22nd) with a trip to Disney World! We are staying at the the Contemporary October 21st-28th.

Hi everyone! Joining in the October 2013 planning fun. We will be going 10/18-10/26 staying at the Animal Kingdom. I haven't done much planning yet, but now that we are under 365 days I think it's time to start! This will be our second trip with our daughter, who will be 6.

msmith1026 said:
Hi everyone! Joining in the October 2013 planning fun. We will be going 10/18-10/26 staying at the Animal Kingdom. I haven't done much planning yet, but now that we are under 365 days I think it's time to start! This will be our second trip with our daughter, who will be 6.

Welcome, never to early to plan a Disney trip!

I hvae discovered an issue with planning a vacation in Orlando....there is just TOO MuCH to do! It is only our second trip down, so we want to spend lots of time at Disney, seaworld, discovery cove, aquatica, an airboat tour, etc. I guess this just means once September/October 2013 is over I will need to start planning to go back....:yay::cool1:

ginny_lynn said:
I hvae discovered an issue with planning a vacation in Orlando....there is just TOO MuCH to do! It is only our second trip down, so we want to spend lots of time at Disney, seaworld, discovery cove, aquatica, an airboat tour, etc. I guess this just means once September/October 2013 is over I will need to start planning to go back....:yay::cool1:

Planning ahead can be frustrating, or planning period, trying to decide what to do or not to do. My plans are currently in a holding pattern till my DDs next years school schedule is approved and released ( should be sometime in Nov) then I should be able to get hotel booked.

You're added :banana:

Universal Orlando 2013 Agenda

Saturday September 28
Leave from home
Drive to Orlando. Check into Disney hotel if price is right. Stay somewhere cheap if not. Grocery Shop.
Sleep at Offsite Hotel Probably

Sunday September 29
Check Out of Offsite Hotel
Magic Kingdom morning (see new fantasyland, ride the three mountains) - OPTIONAL
Epcot - Food and Wine Fest! - World Showcase opens at 11am
Sleep at WDW Dolphin Hotel

Monday September 30
Epcot - Food and Wine Fest!

Tuesday October 1
Check out of WDW Dolphin Hotel
Universal Studios
Sci Fi or Horror mini golf at night
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Wednesday October 2
Islands of Adventure with early entry (focus on Harry Potter)
Nap
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Thursday October 3
Hit the Universal parks or spend day at resort
Nap
Go to Park to go in Stay and Scream area
HHN
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Friday October 4
spend day at resort
HHN
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Saturday October 5
Check out of Universal Hotel
Drive Towards Home
Sleep at Lake City or Tallahassee Hotel

Sunday October 6
Checkout of Hotel
drive rest of the way home.

Universal Orlando 2013 Agenda

Saturday September 28
Leave from home
Drive to Orlando. Check into Disney hotel if price is right. Stay somewhere cheap if not. Grocery Shop.
Sleep at Offsite Hotel Probably

Sunday September 29
Check Out of Offsite Hotel
Magic Kingdom morning (see new fantasyland, ride the three mountains) - OPTIONAL
Epcot - Food and Wine Fest! - World Showcase opens at 11am

Monday September 30
Epcot - Food and Wine Fest!

Tuesday October 1
Check out of WDW Dolphin Hotel
Universal Studios
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Wednesday October 2
Islands of Adventure with early entry (focus on Harry Potter)
Nap
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Thursday October 3
Hit the Universal parks or spend day at resort
Nap
Go to Park to go in Stay and Scream area
HHN
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Friday October 4
spend day at resort
HHN
Sleep at Universal Hotel

Saturday October 5
Check out of Universal Hotel
Drive Towards Home
Sleep at Lake City or Tallahassee Hotel

Sunday October 6
Checkout of Hotel
drive rest of the way home.

Sounds like fun! :cheer2:

Since it's just me and my oldest son going we're gonna do 4 days at Disneyland/California Adventure, we're doing a full day at Universal, and then the other day I know we're going the tour at WB...then I don't know. I might like to take him to Hollywood&Highland (You can see the Hollywood sign from there) or the Tar Pits.

I miss California. I haven't been there in over 6 years. It's my favorite place in the US. :goodvibes

HeatherLassell said:
Sounds like fun! :cheer2:

Since it's just me and my oldest son going we're gonna do 4 days at Disneyland/California Adventure, we're doing a full day at Universal, and then the other day I know we're going the tour at WB...then I don't know. I might like to take him to Hollywood&Highland (You can see the Hollywood sign from there) or the Tar Pits.

I miss California. I haven't been there in over 6 years. It's my favorite place in the US. :goodvibes

Have you looked into getting a city pass for you and your son? It won't cover your whole stay but it looks like it will save a ton even if you have to buy an extra day of DL tickets an it includes a day at universal, I looks perfect for me and my daughter for 3 park days and sea world and universal , I might have to extend our trip by a day

Have you looked into getting a city pass for you and your son? It won't cover your whole stay but it looks like it will save a ton even if you have to buy an extra day of DL tickets an it includes a day at universal, I looks perfect for me and my daughter for 3 park days and sea world and universal , I might have to extend our trip by a day

Never heard of it before. Where do you get a city pass from?

A fellow DisDad in Canada said you can buy them from Costco Canada or you can check out http://www.citypass.com/southern-california but next years city pass won't be out till sometime in November

Ah that's ok. I'm still not sure we're 100% doing Universal. I'll just buy the tickets seperately since I already have my Disneyland tickets.

What about transportation? How do I get the 45 minutes from DL to the WB/US area? I have a local friend I'm hoping will spend the day with us (he'll pick us up) but I can't depend on that in case he can't get the day off work.

HeatherLassell said:
Ah that's ok. I'm still not sure we're 100% doing Universal. I'll just buy the tickets seperately since I already have my Disneyland tickets.

What about transportation? How do I get the 45 minutes from DL to the WB/US area? I have a local friend I'm hoping will spend the day with us (he'll pick us up) but I can't depend on that in case he can't get the day off work.

I haven't yet looked into the transportation, I didn't realize it was that far between the 2, originally was thinking cab but that would be a small fortune coming and going. I'll have to do more research on that, might have to rethink my city pass plan for our trip

I've never been to California. I'd like to go one day, but adding airfare to my trip would make it very expensive. Our plan is when the kids are older (they are 5 and 18 months right now) to take a long driving trip to Disneyland, making many stops on the way. My husband did that when he was a kid and it sounds like fun.

I've never been to California. I'd like to go one day, but adding airfare to my trip would make it very expensive. Our plan is when the kids are older (they are 5 and 18 months right now) to take a long driving trip to Disneyland, making many stops on the way. My husband did that when he was a kid and it sounds like fun.

That does sound fun! :)

California is my favorite place. I've been to SoCal 5 times already! I'd move to Santa Monica if I could afford to!

Hi! So we are off to WDW in Dec and will be buying PAP with our DVC discount. So to take advantage of them we are planning a adults only getaway in the beginning of October! Hoping to stay at the Boardwalk if I can book a room at the 7 month window.

Hi! So we are off to WDW in Dec and will be buying PAP with our DVC discount. So to take advantage of them we are planning a adults only getaway in the beginning of October! Hoping to stay at the Boardwalk if I can book a room at the 7 month window.

Hi Welcome to the group! :wave2: That sounds nice! Boardwalk looks so pretty too! I'd like to go again sometime during Food & Wine and do an adults trip...or let the kids have a resort day while I have a full day at Epcot without them. They didn't want to do anything but rides *lol* So I really didn't get to experience Epcot and I really like that park. I want to go into all the countries. Didn't get to do that on this trip but it was their first trip so I let them pretty much decide where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do.

If airfare wasn't so expensive from here I'd probably look into Annual Passes so I could go more. Oh well. Just had the first trip in 18 years and I'm planning 2 new ones. Guess I know where all my money is gonna go! :rotfl2:

Hi Welcome to the group! :wave2: That sounds nice! Boardwalk looks so pretty too! I'd like to go again sometime during Food & Wine and do an adults trip...or let the kids have a resort day while I have a full day at Epcot without them. They didn't want to do anything but rides *lol* So I really didn't get to experience Epcot and I really like that park. I want to go into all the countries. Didn't get to do that on this trip but it was their first trip so I let them pretty much decide where they wanted to go and what they wanted to do.

If airfare wasn't so expensive from here I'd probably look into Annual Passes so I could go more. Oh well. Just had the first trip in 18 years and I'm planning 2 new ones. Guess I know where all my money is gonna go! :rotfl2:

Haha we definitely put a good chunk of change aside for Disney vacations now. They are so much fun though! I figure the Boardwalk or Beach club would be great especially since I will be waddling back and forth to the Food & Wine Festival - I will need to do something to burn the extra calories! I see the next two trips on your ticker, we plan on going out to DL once the kids are older and we can deal with a 5-6 hour flight there - my dream trip out there would consist of flying and staying at the Grand Californian and then out to Aulani :D

Haha we definitely put a good chunk of change aside for Disney vacations now. They are so much fun though! I figure the Boardwalk or Beach club would be great especially since I will be waddling back and forth to the Food & Wine Festival - I will need to do something to burn the extra calories! I see the next two trips on your ticker, we plan on going out to DL once the kids are older and we can deal with a 5-6 hour flight there - my dream trip out there would consist of flying and staying at the Grand Californian and then out to Aulani :D

Since I live in Manitoba (center of Canada) it's pretty much the same distance to fly to Orlando or Los Angeles. I just can't wait for the next trip! Do I REALLY have to wait another year??? lol

I hope to get to Food and Wine some time so I can really enjoy it!

Oooh Aulani looks amazing!

I'd like to add on a 4 day cruise to our next WDW trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter