***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my FP reservations for our August trip 1.5 weeks ago. I was able to get FOP for day 4 (our planned AK day), I didn't try any other days. I was able to get an 11:45am FP and there were initially many later options.

It's been like this over in Universal Studios for Forbidden Journey for ages (or at least during the whole time I had an annual pass - May 2015 to 2016). If you were at the front of the crowd for early entry, it was a walk on. If you miss that by 10 mins (we did one morning), you're looking at about a 45 min wait (after 20 mins, we just made it to the greenhouse!) and the lines just climb after that. After 2pm or so, I would notice a dip in the wait times. The last 1-2 hours of the night, the ride is usually a walk-on.

It's definitely not that bad now. But you are right about the time difference between being in the first few people to get in versus half way back or worse. True at any park.

A tip for Forbidden Journey next time you're there, do the single rider. It is literally a 5 minute wait even if the normal line is 2 hours. I've never seen it more than a couple people deep. Gringotts is a different story they close the single rider a lot because it gets longer than the normal line.

Oh man, I can't tell you the difficulties with that darn Gringott's single rider queue. However, we had one rare time when the main FJ line was very short, but no single riders were being picked. They were letting half empty benches go. I have never seen anything like it before. People starting crossing under the railing to the regular line, when they finally noticed us in the single rider line:rolleyes: I have only seen this once though.

Alrighty, live updating from the waking area of FOP;;; we hit up windtraders earlier and there are no banshees today at all, and unknown when they'll be back. Also, room B1 of the fastpass rooms in FOP is down at the moment. Hope that helps!!

Did FP for my birthday trip at 7 AM on the dot this morning. We arrive late 8/24, first park day is 8/25, last is 8/29.
Navi was available on all days, at all times of the day
No FoP on 8/25, 26, 27 at all. I checked for 1, 2 and 4, didn't make a difference, nothing available.
Only FoP available on 8/28 were for 5pm-8pm.
Only FoP available on 8/29 were for 11am-8pm
The park is due to close at 9:30 both days and I'm 99% sure that the FP after 8PM weren't gone for both days so for whatever reason, they are closing off FP at 8. I assume so they can help clear the queue for closing. So that doesn't help with FP distribution for certain. Though I'd guess if they add hours they'll add evening FP to each day, not sure.

Traveling 8/24-8/30 and my FP+ window opened this morning. Our AK day is 8/27. FoP FP+ was very limited for my party of 5. Was able to get 7:15PM but was hoping for something in the morning. When I went back to see if I could modify, there was absolutely nothing left. Guess I'll keep checking, but not hopeful. Hate to have FP+ tied up until evening with no chance of a 4th.

Traveling 8/24-8/30 and my FP+ window opened this morning. Our AK day is 8/27. FoP FP+ was very limited for my party of 5. Was able to get 7:15PM but was hoping for something in the morning. When I went back to see if I could modify, there was absolutely nothing left. Guess I'll keep checking, but not hopeful. Hate to have FP+ tied up until evening with no chance of a 4th.
I couldn't even get anything for the 27th, the earliest I could get was the 28th. Sounds like you must have gotten the last spot on the 27th. The one thing to watch for is for them to extend the hours and maybe release more FP for other evenings. That might prompt folks to change some plans around.

This is kind of fascinating. I've been following FP+ availability as I close in on my 60 day window in a few days for a trip the week before Labor Day. That's been a pretty quiet time in the past, especially midweek. So I wonder if the limited FOP FP+ availability is because (1) crowds might actually be larger than in years past; (2) AK has fewer hours that week than in the earlier part of the summer; or, (3) the word has spread further that FOP ought to be everyone's top priority. Probably a little of each.

Yeah... FoP not available for our arrival on Aug 23rd when were planning on going. Switched AK day to our last on the 29th and was plenty available yesterday. Sure they have/will dry up over next couple days.

This is kind of fascinating. I've been following FP+ availability as I close in on my 60 day window in a few days for a trip the week before Labor Day. That's been a pretty quiet time in the past, especially midweek. So I wonder if the limited FOP FP+ availability is because (1) crowds might actually be larger than in years past; (2) AK has fewer hours that week than in the earlier part of the summer; or, (3) the word has spread further that FOP ought to be everyone's top priority. Probably a little of each.
I believe it's mostly #2 with a bit of #3 and little to no #1. Well, crowds at AK may be up compared to past years but not crowds at WDW in general. FP are only being distributed from 8 to 8, or maybe 9 to 8 (I haven't checked opening times each day) so that is impacting things for certain. And there is no doubt that people know FoP is a top priority FP, for those that know they need to prioritize FP. There aren't that many of those though.

What is opened or happening during night EMH at AK? Staying next weekend and plan to take advantage of it.

I believe it's mostly #2 with a bit of #3 and little to no #1. Well, crowds at AK may be up compared to past years but not crowds at WDW in general. FP are only being distributed from 8 to 8, or maybe 9 to 8 (I haven't checked opening times each day) so that is impacting things for certain. And there is no doubt that people know FoP is a top priority FP, for those that know they need to prioritize FP. There aren't that many of those though.

I definitely think when people are planning out their FP book strategy AK is now much higher in the priority list and people want to get those days done ... and, of course, like a lot of things with Disney, words spreads about something being popular so people focus on that and that makes it even more popular, etc. - so I think now FoP is *the* FP to get so people are focusing on that

What is opened or happening during night EMH at AK? Staying next weekend and plan to take advantage of it.
Just everything in Pandora I believe. The later it gets the lower the wait times are on NRJ. Satuli does close mobile ordering for EMH tho.

Just everything in Pandora I believe. The later it gets the lower the wait times are on NRJ. Satuli does close mobile ordering for EMH tho.

Ok. Thanks. Pandora was all I could find as opened those hours. Wasn't sure if I was missing something

I couldn't even get anything for the 27th, the earliest I could get was the 28th. Sounds like you must have gotten the last spot on the 27th. The one thing to watch for is for them to extend the hours and maybe release more FP for other evenings. That might prompt folks to change some plans around.
Yes if they extend hours there will be some pop up. When they extended hours from 9:30 to 10:00 there were several FP's available for FOP.
When I went on in the afternoon there were plenty of choices for a couple hours then close to late evening that day there was only 1 left.
So be prepared to check for extended hours everyday.

Did FP for my birthday trip at 7 AM on the dot this morning. We arrive late 8/24, first park day is 8/25, last is 8/29.
Navi was available on all days, at all times of the day
No FoP on 8/25, 26, 27 at all. I checked for 1, 2 and 4, didn't make a difference, nothing available.
Only FoP available on 8/28 were for 5pm-8pm.
Only FoP available on 8/29 were for 11am-8pm
The park is due to close at 9:30 both days and I'm 99% sure that the FP after 8PM weren't gone for both days so for whatever reason, they are closing off FP at 8. I assume so they can help clear the queue for closing. So that doesn't help with FP distribution for certain. Though I'd guess if they add hours they'll add evening FP to each day, not sure.

Thanks for the info. People making them a week or so ago didn't seem to be having issues getting FOP. At least now I'll know their already gone and can plan something different. Is it going to be busier than I thought or are people figuring out FOP is the fast pass to get?

Thanks for the info. People making them a week or so ago didn't seem to be having issues getting FOP. At least now I'll know their already gone and can plan something different. Is it going to be busier than I thought or are people figuring out FOP is the fast pass to get?
No the later in August you go the less busy it gets. I don't think people have been real clear on exactly what day in their trip they've been finding FP. Saying they found them when they look when their window opens doesn't indicate much. Most people can find a FP at some point during their trip since most trips are more than 3 days. That's why it's very important to know how far in to the trip they are finding the FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter