***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

We had decided on doing the dining plan, but after some group discussion, we decided against it.
First and foremost, I like appetizers. I like them for my entree, I like them before my entree, I like them all the time.
Second, I can take or leave dessert.
Third, if we do one or more parties ( Christmas party and Jollywood Nights), we may not want a sit down that day.
So in the end, I think we will be happier without it.

Of course if we happened to qualify for free dining, we would happily take it. 😃

We never do the dining plan unless it's offered in a free promo. Every time we add it up, it never saves us money. Usually it's at least $500 or more in Disney's pocket.

We decided to take advantage of free dining since we were already going to be in the parks for 4 days. Since we had to rebook to get the deal, decided to switch things up and stay at Pop instead so we could use the Skyliner. Still there Dec. 21-26.

Dec 26-Jan 5. AofA Resort. 8 Park Days. Maybe a partial 9th.

First time for my wife and kids, 7 and 9. (I’ve been Before. Way back in 2009) So so excited to finally take my family. Waiting 8 months is going to be torture. We’re all Disneyland veterans. We skipped going to DL last Christmas in Anticipation of this trip!

Our family will be there Dec 3-6! Hoping to rent DVC through a BRV owner but currently on a waitlist as they were already gone at her 11 month mark! If DVC doesn’t work out back up is POR (trying to decide whether or not to book and cancel or just keep waiting longer. Tried to talk my older daughter out of going (she doesn’t love it there) as then we could have 4 instead of 5 ppl which would give us more options, but she wants to go more than she wants to skip it.😂

Dec 26-Jan 5. AofA Resort. 8 Park Days. Maybe a partial 9th.

First time for my wife and kids, 7 and 9. (I’ve been Before. Way back in 2009) So so excited to finally take my family. Waiting 8 months is going to be torture. We’re all Disneyland veterans. We skipped going to DL last Christmas in Anticipation of this trip!

Our family will be there Dec 3-6! Hoping to rent DVC through a BRV owner but currently on a waitlist as they were already gone at her 11 month mark! If DVC doesn’t work out back up is POR (trying to decide whether or not to book and cancel or just keep waiting longer. Tried to talk my older daughter out of going (she doesn’t love it there) as then we could have 4 instead of 5 ppl which would give us more options, but she wants to go more than she wants to skip it.😂

Welcome! Added. :)

We are thinking of maybe going. Still debating Christmas (not NY/NYE) (never been to MVMCP but have seen the parade when they offered it post Christmas 2022) vs lower crowds first week of Jan - starting Dec 28/29-Jan 4. I wish they would offer after hours the first week of Jan, looking back they didn’t offer them until the second week of Jan.

Price is the same even with The Disney Visa discount around Christmas vs no discount post Christmas because package prices drop. Deluxe suites are the same price as AOA Nemo (we like the 2 bathrooms and the 1 bedroom layout being on the Skyliner; kids don’t want the Poly (monorail waits were crazy long with a stroller) or Riviera - kids splash area unappealing to kids!). MK won’t have extended hours during Christmas week and the Epcot hours weren’t worth the runaround.

Rant: I cancelled our original package at the Contemporary because the CM said she applied the Disney Visa free dining discount but turned out she didn’t and she kept me on hold and assuring me she was talking to a supervisor and then when she got supposedly connected to this supervisor she hung up/disconnected. Maybe she was making a fool out of me or didn’t want to take responsibility for her mistake and was hoping I’d run our of charge? second call I was transferred to Guest Services who said she saw she was in my account but can’t see anything else-she said nothing she can do about it - I don’t believe that for a second.

Now DAS changes had us concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter