***Official September 2020 Thread***

https://www.barrons.com/articles/di...-turn-a-profit-51586523603?mod=article_inline
There is an article you can find to support either side of the argument

Yes, I saw that same article and tried to paste it onto the Facebook page with the caption "Finally some good news!" but it wouldn't let me. I hope for everyone's sake this one is closer to the truth. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Like a friend recently told me, things are never as good or as bad as what they would like you to believe.

I changed our dates to 9/8-9/12 instead of 8/29- 9/2. But now I’m worried about crowds in September!!! This should get interesting. I was trying to give it as much time to get back to normal and open up but now second guessing my dates!
I was feeling that concern as well.
My logic and reasoning side has a great rebuttal and words of comfort that I'd like to share with you...
The number of people commenting here on this forum, PLUS the people who comment on Facebook or other social media outlets, represent a sliver of the tens of thousands of people who visit WDW. I can't let my pessimism about crowds worry me because other forum members that are seeking the exact same information as me are also making the same plans as me.
Reality is that the strong majority of children across our country have been deprived of in-classroom education time this spring. I am comfortable in saying that most parents will be very reluctant in having their children miss any classroom time when it resumes this fall. Traditionally, September runs in the ranges of 10-30% of peak crowds for WDW. So, crowds could double or triple and still not reach peak levels.
I'm smiling once again as I consider the likelihood of September still being a good time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth!
Just keeping my fingers crossed that all the parks and majority of attractions will be open! That will be the only consideration factor in deciding to keep or further delay my trip.

I was feeling that concern as well.
My logic and reasoning side has a great rebuttal and words of comfort that I'd like to share with you...
The number of people commenting here on this forum, PLUS the people who comment on Facebook or other social media outlets, represent a sliver of the tens of thousands of people who visit WDW. I can't let my pessimism about crowds worry me because other forum members that are seeking the exact same information as me are also making the same plans as me.
Reality is that the strong majority of children across our country have been deprived of in-classroom education time this spring. I am comfortable in saying that most parents will be very reluctant in having their children miss any classroom time when it resumes this fall. Traditionally, September runs in the ranges of 10-30% of peak crowds for WDW. So, crowds could double or triple and still not reach peak levels.
I'm smiling once again as I consider the likelihood of September still being a good time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth!
Just keeping my fingers crossed that all the parks and majority of attractions will be open! That will be the only consideration factor in deciding to keep or further delay my trip.
like your reasoning on the crowds. Keeping my fingers crossed as well that by the time my trip comes along Sep 13-19 things are back to "normalish" :D

I’m still very hopeful that we will get to go for September. I do think it will look different than in the past, but I’m trying to have a open mind like I do with all my Disney trips. My question to myself is we planned to upgrade to AP’s & now I’m just not sure if it will have the same value. Sadly it’s just a wait and see at this point. I am also trying to decided if we have to reschedule when I want to do it. Just trying to prepare mentally.

We were planning on upgrading to APs in May as well before all this happened and that trip was canceled. Now I’m pretty sure we will hold off for our September trip and see how this all pans out

I do hope we get to go as I'm in a desperate need of a holiday right now. I wouldn't necessarily mind if everything isn't fully open either as we tend to take it easy when we go anyway. I won't have to worry about the virus either as both me and my DH has tested positive now and is self isolating at the moment.

I won't have to worry about the virus either as both me and my DH has tested positive now and is self isolating at the moment.

Hope you guys feel better very soon! From what I've read recently, having the virus once doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it a second time. :( I'm hoping that some of the drug trials happening now will show a lot of promise though - haven't given up on my Labor Day week trip quite yet but if there isn't an effective treatment then I will have to cancel. Unless they stay closed through the end of the year as some analysts are saying. Then I can possibly get my money back. We shall see.

Hope you guys feel better very soon! From what I've read recently, having the virus once doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it a second time. :( I'm hoping that some of the drug trials happening now will show a lot of promise though - haven't given up on my Labor Day week trip quite yet but if there isn't an effective treatment then I will have to cancel. Unless they stay closed through the end of the year as some analysts are saying. Then I can possibly get my money back. We shall see.
I think Disney should open and I truly hope they do.
If an effective treatment is needed for you to go, I do hope that is available in the extremely near future.
In the event a treatment is not available and Disney is open, you can still get your money back! Disney's return/ cancellation policy is full refund with 30+ day advance cancellation! Plus, Disney continues being even more understanding and keeps relaxing their cancellation policy deadlines, allowing you to delay the cancellation decision without risking loss of refund!
I encourage you to contact your travel agent (whomever you booked with) and get the details for what requirements need to be met in order to secure a refund.

Thank you. It's hard to know for sure, especially as they have so little information. Like the people that seems to have got it a second time, is it really a second time, or is it that they're technically in their first case of sickness still? Plus there's still the risk of it mutating into different strains. I know I wish I knew more about it as I'm afraid I could've had it for a while before realising as the symptoms are so different for different people. I'm not worried about myself as I'm having a mild case, but it's the potential people I could've infected that wouldn't be that lucky. In the worst case scenario I've had it for 6 weeks (only chest pains), and even though I've been scrupulous with social distancing and staying at home, I work in a large warehouse with a lot of colleagues that haven't bothered much with social distancing.

I think Disney should open and I truly hope they do.
If an effective treatment is needed for you to go, I do hope that is available in the extremely near future.
In the event a treatment is not available and Disney is open, you can still get your money back! Disney's return/ cancellation policy is full refund with 30+ day advance cancellation! Plus, Disney continues being even more understanding and keeps relaxing their cancellation policy deadlines, allowing you to delay the cancellation decision without risking loss of refund!
I encourage you to contact your travel agent (whomever you booked with) and get the details for what requirements need to be met in order to secure a refund.

Thanks but I rented DVC points through David's and am following that thread closely. Won't be getting my money back unless the resort is closed and even then it could be iffy. Sounds like a cc chargeback would be my best bet in that case. I haven't purchased park tickets or airfare yet luckily and won't until late summer if at all. I think an effective treatment is the only way that anyone should really be going to a crowded theme park anytime this year honestly but I know opinions differ there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter