***Official September 2020 Thread***

I'm going back and forth as well. If the Boardwalk Villas are open, I will lose the money for the room unless I go since I rented DVC points for it back in October and paid up front. I would love to go when there are lower crowds, that's why I love going Labor Day week in the first place! I will wait until August to make up my mind based on how things are going and what therapies may be available by then, if any. And to see what Disney will be doing, if lockdowns are in place again in my area or FL, etc. I would like to remain optimistic at this point. I sure was looking forward to my Boardwalk view room!!

I'm patiently waiting for official statements to be released about what reopening looks like and in what phases and for how long. the only thing that would make me bummed is if i have to wear a mask in the parks and if they cancel nighttime shows/fireworks. the night time shows i could probably live with and still be fine to travel. the masks would make it hard for me to enjoy my vacation.

i guess beggars can't be choosers

but coming from someone who has had COVID--i almost feel fearless. now that i know i can't give it to anyone else, i'm ready to get out!

I'm patiently waiting for official statements to be released about what reopening looks like and in what phases and for how long. the only thing that would make me bummed is if i have to wear a mask in the parks and if they cancel nighttime shows/fireworks. the night time shows i could probably live with and still be fine to travel. the masks would make it hard for me to enjoy my vacation.

i guess beggars can't be choosers

but coming from someone who has had COVID--i almost feel fearless. now that i know i can't give it to anyone else, i'm ready to get out!
Us too! Have Sept. booked but waiting to see if all the parks will be open, if our favorite lounges and restaurants and rides will be open and if wearing masks will be mandatory, before we make a decision to stay with Sept or move it to next May. We will not go if we need to wear masks. We cant stand wearing them and 3 of my family are dental hygienists and an ICU nurse who are used to and wear masks all the time and they think the masks are miserable in an air conditioned office all day let alone ruining a vacation by wearing one.

Joining in! Hoping to be there for the first two weeks of September. It's been booked for over a year already, so I'm so ready to go, but it depends on the airline not going under, and any modified experiences - we're coming from the UK so it's an expensive trip and I wouldn't want to miss out anything that's important to us like Food & Wine at Epcot. Keeping everything crossed! :cutie:

Us too! Have Sept. booked but waiting to see if all the parks will be open, if our favorite lounges and restaurants and rides will be open and if wearing masks will be mandatory, before we make a decision to stay with Sept or move it to next May. We will not go if we need to wear masks. We cant stand wearing them and 3 of my family are dental hygienists and an ICU nurse who are used to and wear masks all the time and they think the masks are miserable in an air conditioned office all day let alone ruining a vacation by wearing one.

Agree with everything!
My group--we have three separate reservations but a total of 9 adults--decided that there aren't too many things that would keep us from going.
Some of our group would be perfectly fine wearing masks! I for one, agree and can't imagine having to wear a mask during the heat of september. Even though i did buy some Disney/Marvel masks last week :poop:

I think a lot of the measures that are rumored to be taken would be great!
we are saying that as long as the parks are open (including universal) we will be going.
if this september doesn't happen, our group probably won't be able to all go together until sept of 2021. i would look to push it back to dec of 20 or may of 21 if it came to that though!
I loveeeee Disney during Christmas time. This was going to be my first trip in september/halloween time but i was most excited for food and wine--if that doesn't happen that would be a real bummer!

Following along, we have dining reservations and "plans" but are nervous about the state of things....

I think if come September the night time shows/fireworks and parades are canceled, it’s a deal breaker for me. I’m taking my sisters and they haven’t been since they were little kids and I want them to experience the full magic. We’ve been planning this trip (originally booked for May 3) for about 10 months now.
If it was just my fiancé and I, I would still go with those not happening because I’ve seen them so many times and one trip isn’t the end of the world for us. The dreaded M word personally doesn’t bother me at all but I understand and respect that everyone has different comfort levels. I work in healthcare and wear them all day. They’re uncomfortable and annoying but if it means I can zoom through Space Mountain, then I’ll be matching them to all my outfits!!:earsgirl:

I’m just trying to stay as positive as possible about September :cutie:

Following along, we have dining reservations and "plans" but are nervous about the state of things....
Same. Our May trip was cancelled, like everyone else. I want to go last weekend of august, first few days of September. Not sure the rest of the fam is ready for it though.

You will love the royal room! It's so magical!!
I’m so excited!! We’ve stayed at POR before but never in those rooms!

The July 1 news stinks but I still think we are good.
I’m trying to sift through the updates post to see that but there’s so many side conversations about masks and whatnot!! I just got home from work and it’s like 10+ pages!! I just want to know if they’re canceling reservations or limiting the amount they already have for capacity reasons.

I’m so excited!! We’ve stayed at POR before but never in those rooms!

I’m trying to sift through the updates post to see that but there’s so many side conversations about masks and whatnot!! I just got home from work and it’s like 10+ pages!! I just want to know if they’re canceling reservations or limiting the amount they already have for capacity reasons.
No new reservations until July 1. No word on canceling June yet but doesn't look good

I'm missing Disney like crazy, so I just booked an All-Star Moves for mid-September. My AP pass should be extended until then and I'm using SkyMiles for the flight. Depending on how things pan out, I won't be out more than maybe some miles if I cancel.
I'm fine with missing shows, parades and fireworks and character m&gs. Honestly, I'm mostly interested in seeing what the parks will be like and how things will be handled.

That said, with all of the uncertainty in the world at the moment, I think I'm experiencing some excitement. Or maybe it's a general feeling of cautious optimism and happy to have something to look forward too. Weird times:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter