Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Just a thought...

At WDW the CMs often say "have a magical day". At SWW is this replaced by. "May the force be with you"?

poison ivy, LOVE the pictures... there is also a thread in the Theme Parks Community page for SWW Live Updates and Pictures Past & Present...

Here are 2 more pictures of the 501st outside of Disney. Taken this past November at the Boston MegaFest Convention in Framingham, MA. There were only a few in Star Wars costumers, but there were lots in Comic Book character costumes.

Outside while we were waiting to get in:
KG6_02382-L.jpg

Since it was only about a month before Christmas, Darth Vader tried to disguise himself as Darth Santa... :lmao:
KG6_02387-L.jpg

thanks HC18. I'll check that thread out.

Love your photos! Darth Santa is the best!!!
Consider us big fans!

Our local "May the 4th Be With You" event from this morning. I would love to wear this shirt to SWW but the dark color will be HOT, so we'll see.

So, I just read Kenny's character breakfast review and I'm now considering doing this.

I originally said that we weren't going to do this because of the cost and we're not that into meeting characters when we're at WDW (SW or regular Disney characters), but Stormtroopers are pretty funny, so there's that entertainment value out of it, I know my 7 year old would LOVE trading with the Jawas, and he's definitely into villains, so Vader and Boba Fett would be awesome. Lastly, I love that they're showing SW stuff on the screen. I know they offer these dining experiences every day (not just the weekends), but the only time we'll be at HS in the a.m. is on Sunday, 6/8, so I'm thinking about replacing my 50's Prime Time lunch with a late breakfast at Sci-Fi (so, it will only cost me about $100 more than what we would've spent on that lunch).

Question, and I think someone asked this previously but I didn't really pay attention since I wasn't planning on doing this, but if I have, for example, a 10:30 breakfast, do I have to worry about the characters hurrying because of the parade or will there be "duplicates"?

Question, and I think someone asked this previously but I didn't really pay attention since I wasn't planning on doing this, but if I have, for example, a 10:30 breakfast, do I have to worry about the characters hurrying because of the parade or will there be "duplicates"?

No need to worry! Disney has their scheduling down to a science - characters at breakfast won't be rushing out to be anywhere else!;)

I thought the pictures of the food looked great.

There's a thread over on the dining board about this particular meal and one person reported that there was someone who had a later ADR and they did not get seated in time for the meal, etc. They were given a $50 gift card. They were running late according to another poster on that thread and many were given fast passes.

Just looked at Kenny the Pirates pictures. So glad I booked this for us. DH and DS are going to flip! They have no idea about it. They will be so surprised when Darth and Boba Fett meet them at the entrance...can't wait! I'm having a hard time keeping it as a surprise for them... Just one more week...I can do it (I think).

Be the little engine that could... just keep saying I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... you can do it! Just vent your excitement to us. Normally the hardest part about keeping a secret is you want to share it SO BADLY!

Be the little engine that could... just keep saying I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... you can do it! Just vent your excitement to us. Normally the hardest part about keeping a secret is you want to share it SO BADLY!

You're right...it IS only one more week. I've managed to keep it hush, hush since I booked it on the day it was announced. I also managed to get us in for Feel the Force on May 16th (I'm a little bummed we won't have reviews to go buy since t will be the first day) Again, they know nothing about it and I'm super excited about that too. If my little guy can see the parade better it will be well worth the price of admission!!

Am I turning into a troller? If so, is that a bad thing? :rolleyes1 I've checked disneyparksblog and MDE repeatedly today hoping for FP+s for SWW shows. I don't know if they are not listed yet, if I have time conflicts that the system isn't allowing, or they just aren't out yet. I'm leaning toward just not out yet, but the suspense is driving me batty! :eek: I also have some plans this week that will keep me away from a computer for large chunks of the day and I don't own a smart phone. If I need to designate another family member to look for these on MDE while I'm unavailable, I need to begin their training now... Any chance we would have to camp out overnight for FP+s for shows? Please, NO :scared1:

Following Kenny's day of SW food it looks like Chip and Dale as Ewoks are the ones taking the picture with the photopass card in front of the background. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald move from table to table around the restaurant

I have a question about booking the sci-fi breakfast. I booked ours by calling and now would like to troll for a different time as we get closer to the date and others start canceling. Will this come available online? Since sci-fi doesn't normally serve breakfast, will these special breakfasts show up online where all the normal dining ADR'S are made or in a different area of the website?

Just an update' I was able to rebook our time today. If anyone else wants to try and get our cancelled time, it was for June 12 at 8:05 for 4

Tips for the SciFi breakfast:

- DD said roaming characters were sent to tables where guests needed to depart quickly and then weren't taken back to their rotation spot. So, if characters pass you by, alert your server or a manager or you will end up waiting or be completely missed. Hopefully they correct this problem beginning tomorrow!

- take a flashlight or light source to help the characters see where/what you want them to autograph. It's much too dark in there for them to "see" what needs to be signed.

Itinkso said:
Tips for the SciFi breakfast:

- DD said roaming characters were sent to tables where guests needed to depart quickly and then weren't taken back to their rotation spot. So, if characters pass you by, alert your server or a manager or you will end up waiting or be completely missed. Hopefully they correct this problem beginning tomorrow!

- take a flashlight or light source to help the characters see where/what you want them to autograph. It's much too dark in there for them to "see" what needs to be signed.

Thanks for this....I hope they solve the character rotation problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter