***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

99 days and counting for our Dec 9-19 trip. Our first for a DVC resort at Kidani.

ADR
Hoop De Doo
Marrakesh Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner
Liberty Tree Dinner then MVMCP
Skipper Cateen Lunch
California Grill Dinner
Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Saana Lunch
Desert Party MK
Boma Breakfast
Via Napoli Lunch
Jiko Dinner

Lots of dining scheduled for now and always in flux. Jiko and Boma are on the fence options but I really want to try Jiko if time allows. My family is mixed with foodies and thrill seekers. Personally I’m both. We stay in parks all day and Park Hop. Taking a day for Discovery Cove too. Lots planned and exciting

Any December folk flying JetBlue out of PVD?
If so, you might want to check your flights, they just dropped my flight all together and moved us from a 4:52 departure to the only other departure: 6am. (This would be very hard for us)
Looks like Tuesdays fall victim to this more often than any other day of the week. Not sure what I'm doing with the flight down now as the trip home is on SWA, back into PVD.

Any December folk flying JetBlue out of PVD? If so, you might want to check your flights, they just dropped my flight all together and moved us from a 4:52 departure to the only other departure: 6am. (This would be very hard for us) Looks like Tuesdays fall victim to this more often than any other day of the week. Not sure what I'm doing with the flight down now as the trip home is on SWA, back into PVD.

WOW. That would really upset me if I had planned on working that morning or if I lived really far from the airport. I hope that new itinerary works for you.

Been working on my plans today. Not changed anything, just working on them. Hard to do it when my sister and niece, who are going with me, have no suggestions,etc. just hoping what I end up planning is okay with them. LOL

At 102 days until our trip!! Can’t wait!!

WOW. That would really upset me if I had planned on working that morning or if I lived really far from the airport. I hope that new itinerary works for you.
You know what they say: "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry." :upsidedow
I've flown enough to know airlines will always find a way to muck up plans, so this is no surprise. I'll figure it out...

99 days and counting for our Dec 9-19 trip. Our first for a DVC resort at Kidani.

ADR
Hoop De Doo
Marrakesh Lunch
Rose and Crown Dinner
Liberty Tree Dinner then MVMCP
Skipper Cateen Lunch
California Grill Dinner
Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Saana Lunch
Desert Party MK
Boma Breakfast
Via Napoli Lunch
Jiko Dinner

Lots of dining scheduled for now and always in flux. Jiko and Boma are on the fence options but I really want to try Jiko if time allows. My family is mixed with foodies and thrill seekers. Personally I’m both. We stay in parks all day and Park Hop. Taking a day for Discovery Cove too. Lots planned and exciting
Great plans! If it fits in your schedule, Jiko is well worth a visit. It continues to be our favorite WDW restaurant. :daisy:

Last edited:

Great plans! If it fits in your schedule, Jiko is well worth a visit. It's continues to be our favorite WDW restaurant. :daisy:

Thanks! It’s a busy schedule dining wise I know. I have wiggle room to keep Jiko and cancel some others. Our Charecter breakfasts are easily dismissed as they are not must do’s now like in past

Well, hello there!
I can’t believe we’re doing this, but my son was selected to play in the All American games at WWoS, so here we are, jumping headlong into the holiday insanity!
Wr’ll Be there 12/27-1/2...resort tba.
We’re veterans, but haven’t been during this time in many years, because the crowds make DH crazy. Anyway, fingers crossed that we will be able to grab a CLP and some ADRs even this late to the game.

Question for y’all on dessert parties...are they canceleable? I went to make a ressie and it asked for full payment up front, but no mention of whether it’s refundable?
Thanks guys!
Yes but you may have to do it so many days before - like HEA is 5 days before, not sure about the rest

Question for y’all on dessert parties...are they canceleable? I went to make a ressie and it asked for full payment up front, but no mention of whether it’s refundable?
Thanks guys!

Hi! New to this group, but I’ll be at WDW with my sons 12/23-12/28, doing a split stay between BC and Pop. We’re going to the JBJB dessert party while there and it has a 24 hour cancellation policy, as does the Christmas Day dinner at Whispering Canyon. We’re also doing the Candlelight Processional dining package with a Garden Grill breakfast, and that one requires two days' notice to cancel.

December’s getting closer!

Last edited:
Alright, great. So, just have to pay in advance, but can cancel if a better one comes up - that's good to know. Thanks! My daughter and I did the dessert party out in DL a few summers ago, and it was WELL worth the cost, given the seating we got, and the sparkling wine ;) Do ANY of the current ones offered have bubbly? There are so many new ones since last I was looking...

Alright, great. So, just have to pay in advance, but can cancel if a better one comes up - that's good to know. Thanks! My daughter and I did the dessert party out in DL a few summers ago, and it was WELL worth the cost, given the seating we got, and the sparkling wine ;) Do ANY of the current ones offered have bubbly? There are so many new ones since last I was looking...
Not at MK

Not at MK

It appears that the only small possibility of sparkling wine is at the ROL party, but that one seems undervalue for the cost. Sigh. Ah well, first world problem, lol. I missed the sparking dessert one at Epcot, and now it appears to be gone. Oh well.

It appears that the only small possibility of sparkling wine is at the ROL party, but that one seems undervalue for the cost. Sigh. Ah well, first world problem, lol. I missed the sparking dessert one at Epcot, and now it appears to be gone. Oh well.
@princesspeaony
It's not a party, but I've enjoyed a lovely glass of the Graham Beck sparkly in the Belle Vue Lounge at BWI. Lots of atmosphere there. It's a relaxing, happy place near Epcot. Wishing you and your daughter a wonderful vacation!:flower:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/board-walk-inn/belle-vue-lounge/menus/lounge/

@princesspeaony
It's not a party, but I've enjoyed a lovely glass of the Graham Beck sparkly in the Belle Vue Lounge at BWI. Lots of atmosphere there. It's a relaxing, happy place near Epcot. Wishing you and your daughter a wonderful vacation!:flower:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/board-walk-inn/belle-vue-lounge/menus/lounge/
Aw, thanks, Gwynne. I'm a big aficionado, so I may, or may not, have enjoyed a number of the available bubblies on my own personal tour of "the World"...and I agree, that GB is nice. We actually might be staying at BWV, so it will be on my list!
This trip is tough to plan, since we won't know baseball schedule til 2-3 weeks out... So whether or not we will even have full days to tour the parks is up in the air. A little anxiety there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter