***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

I’m going on the 11th too, I can’t wait!

YAY!!!!!!!!

We will be at MVMCP on the 11th too. Trying to decide if EMM at HS is worth the extra $300 on the 10th. My DH won't give me his opinion either way...

Yay.. I got 2 DIS-ers at my party!!!

My DH is Pro EMM and kind of Anti MVCMP..but in the same breath he is like this is your trip.. do what will make you and our 2 yo DS happy.. so I did.. he just doesn't know about it yet lol!!!

Mickey's Backyard Barbecue is coming to an end. The last one will be on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2018. I have never been interested but know I'm seriously suffering from FOMO. Will I feel the same way I do about Osbourne Lights? Will I always wish I had done it just to say I had? Decisions. Decisions.

Anyone else thinking about adding this to their December plans now?

Mickey's Backyard Barbecue is coming to an end. The last one will be on New Year's Eve, December 31, 2018. I have never been interested but know I'm seriously suffering from FOMO. Will I feel the same way I do about Osbourne Lights? Will I always wish I had done it just to say I had? Decisions. Decisions.

Mickey's BBQ always seemed to be a thing to do if you have little ones. The reviews I read don't rave about the food or entertainment, but rather that their little guys got to participate in the dancing and singing. I always felt my kids got to see enough of the characters in the parks as well as Chip & Dale at the campfire.

I think of HDDR as being the adult version of the same: hokey, just no fab 5 characters. :D

if there are tix available for the day we arrive and we are up for it we are debating on it....
I have a 2 yo and from the reviews and some videos and pics Ive seen it looks a little crazy for him.. I almost think would be better for kids a little bit older.. like 4-5 range.. so we are going to play it by ear

If anyone happens to have reservations for Amorette's cake decorating class on Sunday, 12/9 PLEASE let me know before you release them. I'm looking for ressies for two people.
Did you ever find reservations? I’ve been checking for 12-11-18 for months and nothing!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned (I may have missed it) but I saw they added two dates for the after hours event. Looks like December 3 and 10th. I really wanna do this but it would be like 250 bucks for me and DHo_O

I'm not sure if it was mentioned (I may have missed it) but I saw they added two dates for the after hours event. Looks like December 3 and 10th. I really wanna do this but it would be like 250 bucks for me and DHo_O
$400 for us, too steep for me plus my kids would be so grumpy the next day. Im trying to start our time schedule now to help with shorter days and getting up for early park hours.

I really want to do this as well but can't decide if I want to spend the money and I would have to re-do my whole schedule. Anyone have any insight on this event? Is it worth it?

I really want to do this as well but can't decide if I want to spend the money and I would have to re-do my whole schedule. Anyone have any insight on this event? Is it worth it?

Thanks to @Shelbizzles for sharing; I added a link to the first post.

I haven’t been, but here is a play by play/review of a summer one and the disboard thread which has experiences in some posts.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...december-2018-march-2019-dates-added.3634161/

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-magic-kingdom-disney-after-hours-summer-2018-edition/

Last edited:

I've not attended but have been researching the dumbo out of it. Sounds like I'd get more out of spending that money on another MVMCP than after hours. I don't like to worry about getting my money out of an event, and with about half the time of a party I'm sure I'd feel the pressure. Just hit those rides when everyone is in line or watching the parade and it should feel about the same, just more energy.

So now I wait and see if DVC will give us anything for that week as they have for all the years prior.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter