Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Quick question: Are we supposed to get emails from runDisney? If yes, did you receive any for the WnD so far?

Just from past experience, we didn't receive official race emails until the corrals came out pretty much the same time as the event guide and maps. Which was about 2 to 3 weeks before the race.

I finally registered for the Challenge last night! :D So excited and can't wait to see what the courses will be!

With the same start and finish to the courses for the Dark Side weekend... Everyone is pretty much on board that they will either the same or pretty close. FYI, they were fantastic!

And Welcome! Hope your training is going well! 5 weeks to go!!

Last edited:
Not to bring up a negative concept but is anyone else here undertrained (at this point I mean)? I'm really struggling. This is my 6th half so I have a pretty good idea of where I should be and I'm nowhere near it thanks to:
Plantar fasciitis
DHs stupid work schedule
My stupid work schedule
Family emergency in August

My last long run was 9 miles about 3 weeks ago. Normally I'd be getting ready to do a second 10 miler this coming weekend but I'm just hoping I can make it through 10 by the time of the race. A few weeks ago I attempted 10 and ended up stopping from pain at mile 5.87 (yes burned into my brain forever for some reason. which is ironically 1 exact mile shorter than my 2015 wine and dine half of a half...)

Anyhow- DH is now not able to go with me on the trip, plus the pain, plus sheer exhaustion has me really doubting myself. Just wondering if I'm all alone on this behind-in-training train.

Things are looking up slightly this week as my foot has started to improve and I ran pain free twice so far. But I'm totally intimidated by long runs right now.

nothing W&D related just a fall RunDisney newsletter

Just from past experience, we didn't receive official race emails until the corrals came out pretty much the same time as the event guide and maps. Which was about 2 to 3 weeks before the race.

Any info in any runDisney email will likely have been found by someone here a day or two before said email goes out. :)

Thank you, it seems like if you live outside the US or Canada or in Quebec, you can’t register to receive the newsletter. I just hope the other runDisney emails will make it to my inbox! Of course, I’ll be following this thread so, TIA for posting the info!

Last edited:
Not to bring up a negative concept but is anyone else here undertrained (at this point I mean)? I'm really struggling. This is my 6th half so I have a pretty good idea of where I should be and I'm nowhere near it thanks to:
Plantar fasciitis
DHs stupid work schedule
My stupid work schedule

My last long run was 9 miles about 3 weeks ago. Normally I'd be getting ready to do a second 10 miler this coming weekend but I'm just hoping I can make it through 10 by the time of the race. A few weeks ago I attempted 10 and ended up stopping from pain at mile 5.87 (yes burned into my brain forever for some reason. which is ironically 1 exact mile shorter than my 2015 wine and dine half of a half...)

Anyhow- DH is now not able to go with me on the trip, plus the pain, plus sheer exhaustion has me really doubting myself. Just wondering if I'm all alone on this behind-in-training train.

Things are looking up slightly this week as my foot has started to improve and I ran pain free twice so far. But I'm totally intimidated by long runs right now.

I must confess that I am behind in training. I too have had tons of injuries and stupid work schedules. And inconsistency is not my friend. I had modified my schedule to be "on track", but ended up missing my last long run due to back spasms and not being able to move. So I have to readjust again. It's definitely not my best training, but probably not my worst either! LOL!

Knocked out 10 miles tonight,felt good about the run,wasn't out to go fast or worry about time,just ran it at a calm 11-12 minute per mile pace and walked some towards the end.Main thing is I'm upright and walking as my run was at night and around mile 8-9 I took a tumble and scraped my knee thanks to a crack in the sidewalk in a dark area with no light.Its not too bad and since I like doing these runs at night I knew I would hit the concrete sometime,I'll be more careful next time.I'm definitely undertrained but I feel a bit better about my situation this year,I have the W&D half followed by the Space Coast half,last year I had another half around Halloween followed by the Space Coast full,totally glad I didn't sign up for that full this year as I struggled with it last year,I do have the Disney full in January but by then I would have run 3 halfs before January and hopefully some other longer training runs.

Plantar fasciitis
DHs stupid work schedule
My stupid work schedule

I am kind of with you... I signed up for this during tinker bell when I was told I wouldn't get both the pink and blue medal. I didn't have plan to run this but..... here I am doing the challenge. I initially started training mid-august and September hit- I have not run one day (illness, hurricane, life).... so I feel very underprepared, especially considering I am doing the 5k, 10k, and half... but not that I am proud of it, I also ran the dopey 2 years ago and was injured so I never trained and completed it... so I am trying to remain optimistic. That said I am doing the wdw full and am more worried about that than w&d....

Either way, you aren't alone!

And I want to say thank you for bringing up the training question. I was thinking about it last night and decided I needed to stop letting life get in the way if I could and get some more runs in. I set my alarm for 5:30 this morning and got up early to get my run in before my husband left for work. Before we moved up north I used to always get up at 5:30 and run, but for some reason since we moved it's been a struggle. Well, time to get my act together! So thank you for motivating me to get out there! Now I have to figure out how to fit a run in on Saturday when we have a guest in from out of town and a Cub Scout lock in. Never a dull moment! :)

Last edited:
With the same start and finish to the courses for the Dark Side weekend... Everyone is pretty much on board that they will either the same or pretty close. FYI, they were fantastic!

And Welcome! Hope your training is going well! 5 weeks to go!!

Thank you! :)

My training isn't quite where it should be since I've been skimping on some of the mid-week runs. I did run yesterday after work, so yay, LOL. I've been consistent w/ the weekend long runs though.

Last year I overdid it in training for Lumiere's Challenge, and developed PF in my left foot. I'm just trying to avoid that time time, and so far so good.

I'm hoping for the SWDS 10K & Half courses! I was a little bummed that the W&D Half course did not go through DHS last year.

This will be my fourth Half, and my first rD races by myself, so my plan is to have fun and finish upright. :)

Thank you! :)

My training isn't quite where it should be since I've been skimping on some of the mid-week runs. I did run yesterday after work, so yay, LOL. I've been consistent w/ the weekend long runs though.

Last year I overdid it in training for Lumiere's Challenge, and developed PF in my left foot. I'm just trying to avoid that time time, and so far so good.

I'm hoping for the SWDS 10K & Half courses! I was a little bummed that the W&D Half course did not go through DHS last year.

This will be my fourth Half, and my first rD races by myself, so my plan is to have fun and finish upright. :)

I’ve been crazy busy with work and playing taxi for my son ... my training is lacking too.

My goal - I’m training for Dopey and realistic about it. I’m logging ‘vertical’ time. I’ve run (lost count) half’s and 3 full’s. I know I ‘can’ do it, now it’s just about conditioning my mind and feet so I not only survive injury free, but have fun in the process. I’m not a blazing runner ... I can be comfy at 11 min/mile in this stupid hot Louisiana weather, so I am taking that into account too.

Summarize - time, injury free, fun ... and working my nutrition on my 10-15 mile runs. (More towards January)

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter