Official Wine & Dine 2018

I can't believe we're already done with 5 weeks of training. I should have done my 6.5 outside since it's a nice day out but I didn't want to deal with sunblock so I ran at the gym. The one good thing with the gym is that my pace stays consistent vs running outside. Would have been cooler outside though, I don't know why gyms around here have to be so warm.

I can't believe we're already done with 5 weeks of training. I should have done my 6.5 outside since it's a nice day out but I didn't want to deal with sunblock so I ran at the gym. The one good thing with the gym is that my pace stays consistent vs running outside. Would have been cooler outside though, I don't know why gyms around here have to be so warm.
Is it horrible that because of all the rain and pop up showers for the past couple weeks I'm stuck a week behind training program? (I also don't have access to a gym.) :sad2: But am I really behind a week.o_O I thought 8/3/18 was a 3 mile run, where I intend to make up the five mile run, and stay on schedule to do the 6.5 next Saturday 8/10. Which week are we supposed to be on?:magnify:

Is it horrible that because of all the rain and pop up showers for the past couple weeks I'm stuck a week behind training program? (I also don't have access to a gym.) :sad2: But am I really behind a week.o_O I thought 8/3/18 was a 3 mile run, where I intend to make up the five mile run, and stay on schedule to do the 6.5 next Saturday 8/10. Which week are we supposed to be on?:magnify:

I just finished week 4. And realized that I doubled up a week when filling in the dates. They shouldn't let me do this on my own! LOL! Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out. Either way I'll run a half marathon two weeks before W&D for my final long run so I think I'll be ok. Just have to figure out which runs I'll actually do that week I doubled up on. LOL!

Last edited:

If I put the dates in correctly, this week is the start of week 6.

If I put the dates in correctly, this week is the start of week 6.

That's correct. I finished week 4 so would be starting week 5, but should be starting week 6. Will have to finagle my schedule a bit, but I'll figure it out.

That's correct. I finished week 4 so would be starting week 5, but should be starting week 6. Will have to finagle my schedule a bit, but I'll figure it out.

You can always drop the 14 mile run. I've never gone past 12 for my last long run due to injury/getting sick and having to take a week or two off. It's one of the reasons I like the longer plan so if something happens I can still get long runs in. The half I did in June my longest was 9 miles. As long as you have the base and aren't totally taking time off from running between training I think most people that have run a half before will be fine. My legs take over and overrule my brain because they know what they need to be doing :)

Whew! I DID calculate everything correctly so like I first thought (and anyone following the training program) the mileage for 8/11 is 6.5 miles. I just did three, had every intention of doing between 5 and 6, but things go changed up when my stalker neighbor started following me. Guess its time to join the gym.

You can always drop the 14 mile run. I've never gone past 12 for my last long run due to injury/getting sick and having to take a week or two off. It's one of the reasons I like the longer plan so if something happens I can still get long runs in. The half I did in June my longest was 9 miles. As long as you have the base and aren't totally taking time off from running between training I think most people that have run a half before will be fine. My legs take over and overrule my brain because they know what they need to be doing :)

I admittedly never go to 14 either. I'm running the Hershey Half though on the 21st as my last long run before W&D. I did 5 today. I will probably do 10 or 11 two weeks before Hershey, along with the back to back runs. I'll rework the schedule going back from there. My only other issue is figuring next weekend and the weekend after out when I'll be out of town. I'll be doing plenty of walking (D.C. and Cub Scout camp), but might not be able to get runs in. I'll play with it tonight to get back on track.

Anyone else checking (frantically) every hour on the hour for medal reveals today?!!? :rolleyes1

I am. I'm only doing the half which I bet will have the worst medal theme wise. My daughter is running the kids race and those medals seem to always be nice. I'm anxious either way but will probably be kicking myself for not running the challenge.

Seriously considering dropping all of my ADRs for this trip. Since I'm going solo I may just deviate from my norm and see what's available and what I'm in the mood for. I also want to try 4 parks in 1 day since I will be solo.

These are the things I think about each morning when I run. :P

I am. I'm only doing the half which I bet will have the worst medal theme wise. My daughter is running the kids race and those medals seem to always be nice. I'm anxious either way but will probably be kicking myself for not running the challenge.

I usually like the half best but the original Spaceship Earth medal from the inaugural half (and I think the following 2 years as well) is my favorite. I like the simplicity.

Seriously considering dropping all of my ADRs for this trip. Since I'm going solo I may just deviate from my norm and see what's available and what I'm in the mood for. I also want to try 4 parks in 1 day since I will be solo.

These are the things I think about each morning when I run. :P

I'm running the Wine & Dine with my husband but I will do the Princess Challenge solo and I'm going to do the same thing! Honestly; Disney has really stepped up their quick service and I get just as excited to eat at Satu'li Canteen as I do most table services now.

Anyone else checking (frantically) every hour on the hour for medal reveals today?!!? :rolleyes1
Even though historically it seems to be be this week for reveals with open regestration for Princess happening tomorrow which is later then the norm I think that medal revels won't happen till next week or the week after

Even though historically it seems to be be this week for reveals with open regestration for Princess happening tomorrow which is later then the norm I think that medal revels won't happen till next week or the week after

If only Disney was more than a little mom and pop shop they could maybe accomplish two tasks simultaneously. Maybe one day they will grow to a big company with somewhere around 199,000 employees and $55 billion in revenue. A boy can dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter