• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine & Dine 2018

The rain put a damper on my training this week. Totally missed Tuesday’s run as I had planned to go early and it was a hot mess outside. Unfortunately had to drive to “the city” for doctors appointments and couldn’t get to the gym when they have childcare. Was worried I wouldn’t get out this morning with the flooding but I did get out for a short run. Had to turn around a few times for down trees or flooding, but it’s done.

Last edited:
It was brutal for weeks here in Missouri this summer. Things have gotten much better recently and it has made a huge difference it my running. I was barely able to get through a 5k with the high heat and humidity, but made it 6.5 last night when it was low 70's with no humidity. I hate treadmills and will only run on them when the weather leaves me no other option. I'm hoping for cool weather for the W&D as I haven't done a half before and would like as few obstacles as possible.

I still do some of my speedwork outside. My clothes and shoes are soaking wet by the time I’m done. It’s gross. Sometimes I jump into the pool with my clothes on!
Amen - my speed workout yesterday had me soaked. Summer workouts are the reason that I rotate so many pair of shoes at one time. My shoes were so soaked yesterday that they will take days to dry in this humidity.

I did all but one training run on the treadmill for the half in January. I'm one of those weird people that prefers a treadmill to running outside. Running outside at disney...that I love! Lol

I HATE the treadmill and avoid it as much as possible, but lightning drives me to it a lot in summer (Floridian here, too.)

I'm mostly on the treadmill too between weather and having little kids.

Went to Epcot today and it was slightly terrifying that they already have the kiosks built for F&W. The races will be here before I know it!

If anyone is running the 5K I will be handing out medals! My waitlist came through this morning. So excited to hand out medals!!!

Thanks for volunteering! I can't wait to see these medals, TBH!

I can't wait to see these medals, TBH!

Me either. I was not a fan of the passport medal from last year (or was it the year before?). It was a little too much.

Those of you that don't run in the rain, is it just pouring rain or any rain? I enjoy rain runs from time to time as long as it isn't a full-on storm. I bought a Patagonia best just for summer rain runs.

Oh gosh- I loved that passport medal! Ha! But I had just gotten a passport (a real one) so I think I was just enamored with the idea. I haven't run W&D since 2013 so I've missed quite a few good ones.

Me either. I was not a fan of the passport medal from last year (or was it the year before?). It was a little too much.

Those of you that don't run in the rain, is it just pouring rain or any rain? I enjoy rain runs from time to time as long as it isn't a full-on storm. I bought a Patagonia best just for summer rain runs.

Depends on where you live to define pouring rain. Take a shower outside pouring rain? No I'm not running in that. Steady rain and I need to run outside, yup and the rain will just drip off the brim of my hat. I live in Seattle so sometimes it means running in the rain but I do often choose the treadmill at the gym instead. It's too warm at the gym and dry so I figure that's better training for FL in Nov than running in a cold rain in Sept/Oct. The worst for me is wearing the rain jacket because it's supposed to rain and then it doesn't so you end up hot for the whole run.

If anyone is running the 5K I will be handing out medals! My waitlist came through this morning. So excited to hand out medals!!!

Me! Since it’s Lady and the Tramp theme, I hope she/they are on the medal! I was underwhelmed with last year’s luggage tags....

I am really crossing my fingers for a medal reveal in the next week or so since they were released 8/7 last year!

so if it keeps the same time frame we should expect reveals the 6th or 13th but then again it's rundisney so expect the unexpected lol

The Passport was the Challenge medal last year.... I only did the 10K and I both love and hate the luggage tag medal we got.....

my favorite medal from the 4 RunDisney Races I've done so far has been this years Dark Side 10k

Hi all! I hadn't really been following this thread, as this race weekend was totally off my radar, but in a serendipitous turn of events, I recently signed up for a conference for work taking place in Orlando during the race weekend, and invited my mom along for the trip (DH is happy to leave me and Mom to enjoy Mickey together). After searching around and discussing how to make this happen so late in the game, just purchased two 10k bibs from Acclaim!! We are so excited! Special shout out to @Keels and @TeeterTots: In a way that only runDis-ers can, you did not pressure or enable, but you really made me think about how to make this happen for mom and me, so thank you. :hug:

The heat ended up not being quite as bad as I thought it would, even in the sun. There was a breeze sometimes that helped and we got to run through a tunnel which was great after all the sun. The views were worth it too. The race overall was a bit unorganized imo but it was a good way to get a training run done.

HNG96UUm.jpg
lBFnENim.jpg

aH1hiVUm.jpg
vfM6kKUm.jpg

hvzn88Hm.jpg

I have no problem running in rain, and actually really enjoy it, but I won't run outdoors when there's lightning within 10 miles. And I live in Tampa Bay, the lightning capital of the world, so most times in summer, rain comes with lightning. Usually, rain also comes with heat down here, so no jacket needed - just a plastic bag for my phone. I've run in everything form a light drizzle to a named storm, complete with ankle-deep water and white-out conditions form rain falling so hard, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter