'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

Wait...what??? The roller coaster?? I'm glad she's not scarred for life!! And awesome that you have cool aunt status :)

My daughter was young when Expedition Everest was new. She'd already conquered Space a year or so earlier so I really didn't think anything of it. Oh my gosh, she hated it and refused to go back on!! It took her almost a decade to get back on that thing and STILL hated it!

The thing about the Poly bathrooms is that the are fully enclosed, with the sinks, toilet and bathtub/shower in the same room so it was hard to get ready sometimes.

This is the one thing I'm really not looking forward to about our stay there. Since it's just me and my mom I don't think it will be as big of a deal as it would be with DH and the kids!

Chunky Central , if you will,

:rotfl:

It was still so wet. It's like you couldn't get rid of that layer of humidity that clung to you, and it was worse under a poncho.

Oh my gosh, I agree! I go sans poncho because the poncho makes me feel like I'm a human greenhouse, and if you get any kind of damp at all, the poncho just holds it in. Yuck!

I love how Sienna is so invested in the whole character dining thing.

LOL, poor baby, she's so tired! If only I could sleep through things like that!!

and I got myself a Daisy selfie

Huw-RdEDkZmRRFic9boczGYlh69yW9N7KCemRdHrh9VZgSyTsEVaz240cQTSCkbLiDQOHX6CKgOztD2Em_UCTuWirS3tAyMSVLp9nXzjIgAJiYjC3B7KEYeVdwLIsMS23Vg1iuQqiMFXWoKcR7k-uc_2BmiUAk67eHZElXNFxR-Urxr4ptwGFmLT3KM_CqcskOxk8jZel4285TheSeeVHZLriKWhf-XVdwJCh195FcT2kdfaNOjjCgXA-8InnqDZ4o75ABcmkZlRzkpfhIeUkOu3TK2i1HXAfWyPorKmDI6ip7W6CVF3g8AKXnOyWcfOdkVmnOM0y0xF_xJeio9VnxUvAQJvXMcGG8b7lub6oKcS3NiIn5TerDPrt_4SpAGw0y5nGm-L1CbPpC7UsAVDos_Ok9cNrlK9vBXhCW69euCCbEShOoaGv5vSV0xO1p85RD-GUHtalBbaMq6F2dPl29OZVWnfC9dIiYv8tDMcPmt2nAvumSO9mBE-URmn88MMj8WcSncu5TUgnPNdm0YuY-VLoXOlOQg7j7vDtbTEdzTzTD6KVhG9JechLWgvxA6UWFNLoEDiy9F6bDyB1dUS3xRBXsAKFUKQaYf3PMtsiaelEmYFqarszg=w825-h550-no

And one more selfie

Hw7DZfGN6F9WsapREx_68zQ2nkBneLxxUUPYr0J2KoDz5RVUDzq4iyMCmRYLSvz3d1hHoejk3G0_LTNJJ8o-bn_woWk-1csEtSYBhTiQUiYcdeAjIErIcUANIMbQmdYOk8rDOlbiX9NWkTq9Z5L_dMXhrM_s6zuxG2cDT6Kz2lU_v6Mca8TTvArl_MbjxwyR_qpXtcEGENWZhvoj-K37mjPl3ppQTRuMlRsW3Mh2vNUUMsB8fZgQwpM43BhUxFzHHI1dFrQ4-TWJG_QQCjhsnt9V8yrUPIHVQZczsvXyz-zntA7rUol1KR4-cq9gQqacV0Vmy5c9qAbf5bCJprXMBZh7oyBBgBsRKp3hsBR7AfI0J0TCqPykwKRSIZrF9fwRUqCT1jkk5Mimjwdbbq74vJNhnxg09b7675QAH4qc68PDHnXOJbiqD6auM9_3g2wcMczAkCMHW38FUKCY4OdlTF6gfvUrP9lGdvJZN4b3t7_30uIWkaEowlnYG-bz58N8DHcdPEAd_FOTcXsWnS6TFYN6oWIRNLpbcjXWEIkahRNidbNYq2V3qQC0BYb98kHkJD2lArUQNNixt7P3Qz-flODVayNTcFNp6c8xhrpa_ne8UfU-vv6Ttw=w825-h550-no

These deserve to be framed side by side. So cute!!

TB_hzieBrG3okrF328FQVpLCQWUwptmVqRG1Wim-tvAY5gIa7Fon0-kJEQMswcnT5odNMBvpq0i1XYdz6muODZvmDcAsXTff5obNpg0_KisRq0-wbjKgHYTu_9sozgyeb2FpuVUIBsEYZsBXIpNWVICpxpxZox3M-XuSnBJJzSYVTBKFvo4WTu5WLhIqQ-srBPPpblH8pihDdiv1ijcRU-eAo0iFqPXKqwxT-U4Kfevn12sBZBI8chkKXleD6PrH_rx62pVejE7odD4nhekv-xM0K5g2PzdyK79-A-JoVp-QUeoXeNJAKbTx4s8SYv6zfwwrvnYXBTQRpMTiRfaRMxxVHDyERlZOtwvYpPfFRv0EsEfVA2c1WImRnE6KAsvPe5s-7Ku_5BG2Oyug2-UBoE_BDW0XLVSNA4iQUs08jScN7_Ksi0WPN4ZII-b4kq1zjE0TU_qbW16rcN-UgJvOofbm5hWT2qgWo-jZBNiEgi_YXkLQfabjWZlZdKp3XLIugoM9a2KZJqfZXdjxbAi6hsqKnfmN-eioKXTJitgXWAWGPSmQZn7yvSV4n1PBV31p20YAkD9OZ8JrgROex0icPkjqqGyNLaP6CkjEKWFN8hISyX2yzYshpw=w924-h616-no

This bread pudding was quite good.

That is one of the main reasons I booked Tusker House again for October...Disney bread pudding should be considered an attraction! It definitely attracts me, haha!

I was back in business as Cool Aunt

:thumbsup2 I am lucky enough to have a cool aunt, and she is the BEST. She is the person in my family I am closest to, and is so important to me.

I don't really have the opportunity to be "cool aunt" to my siblings' children, but I think I'd make a very cool aunt if I had the chance!!

Aww such cute pics. And looove your sister's food dress. I've been trying to find food themed tshirts for our next trip (and not spend a fortune).

What a fun meal at Tusker House! Sienna dead asleep during all the character photos is actually the greatest thing ever, even better than your niece cry-screaming on 7DMT. And omg your buffet pictures are making me so hungry. Tusker House seriously has the best buffet around and omg THE SALMON. Then your sister's dress (quality choice and I'm sure it's going to slay at F&W)... I need to go have an early lunch after this lol

Your Pandora pics look so pretty! I cannot wait until I finally can go in and see it. I'll probably have to double fist at Pongu Pongu with the Night Blossom and the Blood Orange Margs because they both sound really really GOOD.

Yay for having a day where you still ended on a Cool Aunt note! Hope you all got to ride the Great Movie Ride one last time. *insert prayer emoji here*

I'm loving all the character pictures and little Sienna is stealing the show :goodvibes
So sweet your exchange with little Eva and the Cool Aunt status remains :thumbsup2
Yum love Tusker House we have that booked for November as well as DD and her family. Another great choice for the kids and grownups.
Can't wait to see Pandora and try the blood orange margarita :drinking1

The roller coaster conversation with Eva was precious. She seems like such a sweetie.

Thanks for the Tusker House pics! We will be trying it for the first time this January. We love Boma, so hopefully we will enjoy TH, too.

Me: Eva what's was your favorite thing you rode today
Eva (I kid you not): The roller coaster!
Me (bewildered): Really?
Eva: Yes (pauses for a bit)
Eva: Auntie Su-Lynn, I'm having a really great time.
Me (bewildered again): Really?
Eva: Yes!

AWWWWW my heart just melted...and I'm BACK to COOL AUNT status again!! :cool2:
/QUOTE]
That's what it's all about. Disney Magic at it's best!

OMG little Sienna was crashed out! That is so adorable!

She was so funny, she refused to sleep when at the Poly. She thought the whole bedroom was a playground and she'd be awake all night. My sister and BIL had to carry her around the lobby just so she'd sleep. I guess it wasn't so funny for them, LOL.

I am sorry about the weather but at least it was Disney!

any day is better at Disney so I'd take it rain or shine!

So awesome that you are back to being the Cool Aunt!!!:cool2: (well... you really didn't lose it!)

Haha, thanks!!!

I know what you mean about Pandora not being as bright as expected at night...still super cool of course!

The food at Tusker for dinner looked pretty good, have only been there for breakfast. Not a big fan of buffets but looked like some different options!

I have no idea why I was expecting it to look like some madhouse rave but I guess I just thought it would be lit up more, but it was more subtle than I expected.
I prefer breakfast buffets over dinner but Tusker is a good choice for either meal! I do think I prefer Boma better but that's because I tend to think the buffets at resorts seem to taste better than at the parks. I don't know why!

Great update! I'm glad you didn't let the rain dampen your spirits. I'm anxious to see Pandora at night - hoping I can score a FP for FOP!

thank you! I hope you get your FP for FoP! It's such a great ride.

Wait...what??? The roller coaster?? I'm glad she's not scarred for life!! And awesome that you have cool aunt status :)

I was shocked when she said that. Not that she would go on it again, but she just said the roller coaster. I think she was excited that she went on one but has no desire to repeat it, LOL.

My daughter was young when Expedition Everest was new. She'd already conquered Space a year or so earlier so I really didn't think anything of it. Oh my gosh, she hated it and refused to go back on!! It took her almost a decade to get back on that thing and STILL hated it!

Haha that's like me, I refuse to go on EE!! Just didn't feel good that one time I did ride it many years ago!

"Chunky Central!" That's hilarious!

Boma and Tusker House are my two favorite buffets. Glad to see it didn't disappoint the family.

That Eva is the sweetest! I love when children show gratitude. Her remarks had to just make your day.

Pandora is lovely at night!

Here's another example of the "Chunky Boat" as @ariane37 put it. Great name! We had plenty of Chunky boat rides throughout our trip!
This pictures is from Kelly and it shows all of us on IASW!

x8rTfjc7RZfZD9JURl3ho3L4k4cYwSpxLcx2SvFutgvFH-1VonwLBKtEc5nrbJUTxXdeGMu6PoNR3JxIFce0FHankDhUKPMYDoczhbgRP4IYDIGejKwgKiQwWf45JADG0iEUERZqeM9qWIjHsDx7LXJnMwFicK-_qNe5M9LgG5ANNvYENi9b9vgwoeAbRrt7y6p8eebqwauywo6FvpZQE91m36fh90sGssABObmORimuAW1FyFlXHtXd0d6NmuRefVvYVNc_o56OKJjbUmQQE5BglzWmLoKgvpC12FbCf6o9qkbwnALT5O1ae87acNGZVHLd5625ZZ4skVDDGJ0r0zXdEoWBQ93jFDzhcnE_lEeAMHpiwheb2r16FqmQ4KEp-ieRUG5Zcf4LJrCePhm-0_lWvBOCz1Sdwx_ZAOlhVZar8U4nW2u0OozoY3DizGKfT8vlfwts_iCKvcK-4i6fzYeBY2hKxL7hbEoPesGGuM_wfX3MZpu4yE7x4bQbjE6kDmGDcBGA4v1XgZBZmDzL_le6orQFIXCUQoVnUG7qmOkjBDB1X-fVwZpo0C-xc8STjDWvtoljBxoyg1j2ZBUSQ1VO-YXXp1Io_Cf7APm6Fto63d7QBx0gmw=w825-h619-no
Ha! I love it! Chunky Boat!

I love the sleeping baby! Ha.

Hmm Sienna is taking this character dining thing very seriously!

nKYnqXcAJ6zRFtEtejOO8KBrjnoQvIBMsUeSQ3_6FqvnsvVOxQ-eIcFWfXSws28aCjQMJfUX5oMId5AihFlpJjSUTO3NaotZSXFyJHWvrSi0BRJ0cWS1eiT71YQEKgY4FQXQKMNpGAd9ym0cvyUTlCipYoKlBxATMvJcffxeb1VHoS6Wk6-_mwhO6XHRF6buXoK6OkD1HaFxcnf65ZnRCYWTLOS0euCtLIYfW5S8bRMRWBu8hkz1YISLtZxzfvIP8Or9WI_Gjev5kndyfLplg5p1TsSqfuKRukXT4-F6lfEKOYul2gbzDGLZONYVjvW6o-EGCntbgw0X-3NtAd8YmYezdZjMLMjCUfthaulDna_9FgrvaOV4aVxXZUntt_6fdAjCYMwOmS0VwWOsbZQUr-TWwxQ2CrObveob6S0ttW9AzjjxrSUAYTYL2vA-XwwFZf3rxe9YAOX4Caj9XnR3BB4PiA2up7W8DTrmzC4HgI_HTiCC4jIhwlalOTn1YNli6PTtlHn4RTbTVtx9klFZOfCP800WJwG680mcNkxjTM6VVpzTLxNPxu_a_OyM0HX-5yLF_WT2WSj504OPX1XtXUoDRfb0zkx_2geLG_-Z-HNVQ-ThDSqQCg=w843-h562-no
It's like they are making sure he is signing it correctly!

Check out CS's dress:

hAk5B3XYqnSyo0d4P1HSOhpt3vjQ_OVxx-3_pB6ZeDDZiDePHP-VRNQNHvPgzNzdfFc5nfseVKQR710axXICm8NLA-ZRNCElf2HXQHdBw-4FbJCy2OFKO3oPi7Zcadx2X-PPd8K-43KY8eCiZt9XfAXGRQn1s8GSvEzBT_K8Z1_EEgLJ9WjlI2iRSnCJ8gp7JdmAuir_m1MkKZyliq22lNTZsbSPghTyOuOaaZDIa0BJT7RNl5u4w66oUKPl-7kqad9JCdb-HRBCuLgoplkZX8YL0JaK-VpjeScA4oQa2qRVdOiAuaizlvMI_Bs5S3EUL-bQ37_zNyrjn6HDH91RF7J4eCfadh7PrLNaiXmqYURO-kaF8ISGBzVgefRn7dQvf9b0SkI1vD5gfy19Fw6Kj0O5_rnJ-Db5kLo_UmTERn22tWp_G1mTw1x6H40iz97dHwgj3n562CBOO0O_dnqlO_nV25DtzRIkdXydtqN4ZItGnPDqgzHQi0iS0CqdvoQ93v6lwAztrXg_gab7HI-3-A1deQZh7XJKXTNQhUVki5ky8WQNsxi7J6ZaAfQIgWhUdLWfDYDu62tuH9k3OU1Mq3Tglod-uQ5pmUa2c1-QBVAoZFAzT--MMA=w464-h618-no
Love the dress. I am snack obsessed at the moment.

Me: Eva what's was your favorite thing you rode today
Eva (I kid you not): The roller coaster!
Me (bewildered): Really?
Eva: Yes (pauses for a bit)
Eva: Auntie Su-Lynn, I'm having a really great time.
Me (bewildered again): Really?
Eva: Yes!

I love it. Too sweet! And really it's those moments that make it all worth it!

So fun! can't wait to try some of the drinks at Pongo Pongo. I bet the girls loves the glowing aspect.

We browsed the gift shop a bit and saw the banshees that people were lining up to buy. No thank you, I'd rather save my 69 dollars for something else.
I totally agree. I haven't seen them yet but my guess it is so useless when you get home!

Loving your trip report. I've read a few of your others but haven't commented until now. My family of 5 just returned from a trip from 8/24-8/30. Keeping my immediate family of 5 focused and on schedule was a chore, can't even imagine 15. But you definitely made it work.

I think you will really enjoy not having to go through the MK bag lines... Just an FYI, when we walked from the Poly to the TTC to go to Epcot, we did a bag check at TTC AND at EPCOT. We were so annoyed at the double check. I don't' know why they had to do that. Maybe if you take the monorail to the TTC and just switch you may not have to? Not sure as all the monorail lines to Epcot had to go through the bag check again it seemed. Sigh.

We stayed the Contemporary and I had the same question regarding the double bag check at Epcot. I asked one of the security guards and was told the monorail exit at Epcot dumps you into a "red" zone. Basically just an area where people who have already gone through bag check are commingled with those who haven't. Therefore, everyone has to do it again.

You a hot mess:rolleyes: I was a total hot mess. A little before I found you, I had just seen Goofy getting a cookie for a kid off the buffet. Turned out to be my kid:scared: He was upset that he couldn't find anything he wanted to eat, not even bread:sad2: Plus, we had been up since the crack of dawn getting off the boat. I found out that my husband and son had left the restaurant after I met you. We were all just having tantrums:crazy: So, I think you were amazing:thumbsup2 Looking forward to fall too. Gotta book FPs Saturday morning.

This is the one thing I'm really not looking forward to about our stay there. Since it's just me and my mom I don't think it will be as big of a deal as it would be with DH and the kids!

It is so weird, they have some of the best bathrooms (the double DVC ones) and some of the worst (regular hotel rooms) at the Poly! But hey, we made it work, and with just you and your mom it'll be fine!

Oh my gosh, I agree! I go sans poncho because the poncho makes me feel like I'm a human greenhouse, and if you get any kind of damp at all, the poncho just holds it in. Yuck!

I know, sometimes I dont' know why I bother with the poncho! That awful sauna feeling is 10x worse in it!

LOL, poor baby, she's so tired! If only I could sleep through things like that!!

Haha she passed out at the most random times and was wide awake at wee hours of the morning.

These deserve to be framed side by side. So cute!!

Thank you! I may do just that!!

That is one of the main reasons I booked Tusker House again for October...Disney bread pudding should be considered an attraction! It definitely attracts me, haha!

I don't know how Disney does their bread puddings but they are some of my favorites I've ever had!

:thumbsup2 I am lucky enough to have a cool aunt, and she is the BEST. She is the person in my family I am closest to, and is so important to me.

I don't really have the opportunity to be "cool aunt" to my siblings' children, but I think I'd make a very cool aunt if I had the chance!!

That's so sweet you have a cool aunt!! And you would make an awesome Cool Aunt!!

Ok I finally made it here. Im catching up and loving your Trip Report as usual! :flower1:

Thank you so much!!

Aww such cute pics. And looove your sister's food dress. I've been trying to find food themed tshirts for our next trip (and not spend a fortune).

Thank you! It's so hard to not want to buy everything Disney that I see. I already have too many Disney items as it is, but I barely bought anything on this trip which is a feat...I was too busy buying stuff for everyone else using my discount that shopping for myself was just too daunting.

What a fun meal at Tusker House! Sienna dead asleep during all the character photos is actually the greatest thing ever, even better than your niece cry-screaming on 7DMT. And omg your buffet pictures are making me so hungry. Tusker House seriously has the best buffet around and omg THE SALMON. Then your sister's dress (quality choice and I'm sure it's going to slay at F&W)... I need to go have an early lunch after this lol

Haha, yes Sienna's got her character picture pose down pat. Even better than Chunkysis.
Tusker buffet is great! I still prefer Boma but that's just met they are almost comparable. And yes I totally remember the salmon, so good.
Can't wait to wear the dress. I was going to wear it this weekend but I think it's gonna be too hot.

Your Pandora pics look so pretty! I cannot wait until I finally can go in and see it. I'll probably have to double fist at Pongu Pongu with the Night Blossom and the Blood Orange Margs because they both sound really really GOOD.

Thank you!
They are both quite good, but very sweet. If you like sugar then it's perfect!!
It's really a stunnning land, I think you'll really enjoy it!

Yay for having a day where you still ended on a Cool Aunt note! Hope you all got to ride the Great Movie Ride one last time. *insert prayer emoji here*

I'm glad I retained the title.
I hope so too...:rolleyes1

I'm loving all the character pictures and little Sienna is stealing the show :goodvibes
So sweet your exchange with little Eva and the Cool Aunt status remains :thumbsup2
Yum love Tusker House we have that booked for November as well as DD and her family. Another great choice for the kids and grownups.
Can't wait to see Pandora and try the blood orange margarita :drinking1

Haha, she really is, that one. She's so tiny yet she pulls my hair with such force I wonder if she's not a little supergirl, LOL.
Eva really is the sweetest. She's unpredictable at times but she says the funniest things.
Really happy I scored that Tusker buffet last minute. That meant we had 2 buffets in one day but I'll take what I can get. It was the only buffets we had all week actually...
:)

The roller coaster conversation with Eva was precious. She seems like such a sweetie.

Thanks for the Tusker House pics! We will be trying it for the first time this January. We love Boma, so hopefully we will enjoy TH, too.

I know, I was quite stunned by what she said. She says the darndest things sometimes.
Boma and Tusker have very similar foods so I think you will enjoy it too! And being in AK, that cannot be beat!

That's what it's all about. Disney Magic at it's best!

It certainly is! :)

Ha! I love it! Chunky Boat!

That name is gonna stick with me! That should be the name of my next family trip TR...All Aboard the Chunky Boat!

I love the sleeping baby! Ha.

She was so cute, she passed out at the most random times then woke up and be so alert.

It's like they are making sure he is signing it correctly!

Someone has to make sure it's done right!:thumbsup2

Love the dress. I am snack obsessed at the moment.

It's super cute! I can't wait to wear it for Food and Wine!

I love it. Too sweet! And really it's those moments that make it all worth it!

It really is! I never expected it on the first day, so that was a plus!!

So fun! can't wait to try some of the drinks at Pongo Pongo. I bet the girls loves the glowing aspect.

They loooved the glow cubes. I think they got a few of them on the trip.

I totally agree. I haven't seen them yet but my guess it is so useless when you get home!

Yeah completely. It's like a hand puppet...there's a an attached remote control that you use to make the banshees move. I dunno, they are not that exciting to me.

Loving your trip report. I've read a few of your others but haven't commented until now. My family of 5 just returned from a trip from 8/24-8/30. Keeping my immediate family of 5 focused and on schedule was a chore, can't even imagine 15. But you definitely made it work.

Thank you so much!
I have no idea how I did it and how it all worked out in the end, but it wasn't without some ups and downs!

We stayed the Contemporary and I had the same question regarding the double bag check at Epcot. I asked one of the security guards and was told the monorail exit at Epcot dumps you into a "red" zone. Basically just an area where people who have already gone through bag check are commingled with those who haven't. Therefore, everyone has to do it again.

That's probably the worst idea Disney has had...:faint:
Let's make people go through bag check twice...especially the monorail folks...thank goodness for express bus, but only some of us had it and the rest had to go through the double check when going to Epcot from the Poly.

You a hot mess:rolleyes: I was a total hot mess. A little before I found you, I had just seen Goofy getting a cookie for a kid off the buffet. Turned out to be my kid:scared: He was upset that he couldn't find anything he wanted to eat, not even bread:sad2: Plus, we had been up since the crack of dawn getting off the boat. I found out that my husband and son had left the restaurant after I met you. We were all just having tantrums:crazy: So, I think you were amazing:thumbsup2 Looking forward to fall too. Gotta book FPs Saturday morning.

Aww your poor son, probably just so tired from the day. But that was very nice of Goofy :)
It was a rough night, with the rain and all, I'm sure you couldn't wait to be back home. I felt bad for dragging everyone to AK in the rain, but we had to eat anyways.
Thank you! Same here. Good luck with FPs! I just made ours today...

Adorable pictures as usual. Sweet Eva and her having really fun time!
Our friend from college is married to a Disney chef and he's currently at TH. We met up with our friend Friday night (did some park hopping , drink trying, and whatever rides we could). Ended up at DAK so we could meet the hubs who was working-he gave us a taste of the salmon-oh so good! ENded up at Nomad a bit later. AK has some of the best food in all the parks.

CHunky central, chunky boat- loads of trip report names! Hope you have trips to go with all the names:D

Here's another example of the "Chunky Boat"
"Chunky boat" - love it! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

This is where I also happened to have my first DISMeet of the trip!
Yay!!!

I love how Sienna is so invested in the whole character dining thing.
:rotfl:

I look like I have a mohawk from the lamp behind me!
You really took the whole "stand in front of something that makes it look intentional" thing to a new level this trip ;)

I knew it would happen! Because, as we both know, the first rule of Cool Aunt Club is that your status as Cool Aunt is never revoked! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter