OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

OKW studios have a kitchenette just outside the bathroom with a sink that can also double as a vanity for getting ready in the morning. SAdly, it looks like the mirror that was on the wall has been removed and replaced with a cupboard for the glasses and coffee mugs in the latest refurbishment.

Yes, I saw that in old pictures, but saw that the mirror was removed in the new ones. I do see a mirror on the bathroom door. That would be helpful, I suppose. OKW just seems the better option since they have two actual beds in their studios. The bathroom situation is just a concern.

OKW studios have a kitchenette just outside the bathroom with a sink that can also double as a vanity for getting ready in the morning. Sadly, it looks like the mirror that was on the wall has been removed and replaced with a cupboard for the glasses and coffee mugs in the latest refurbishment. Here is a photo from AllEars.net

old-key-west-studio-renovated-2018-01.jpg

Long time since we've stayed in a studio (used to do it on arrival to save pts and then I got too lazy to unpack twice) - FLASHBACK to putting make-up on in the kitchenette on our very first DVC stay.

I’m considering a stay here next year in a studio, but I’m concerned about the bathroom setup. From pictures I’ve seen, the vanity is in the bathroom. Is there one outside of the bathroom? One thing I love in most hotels is the vanity outside the tub/shower area. It makes it easier for us when we are getting ready in the morning. It’s not a dealbreaker, but it definitely wouldn’t be ideal.
It's all about scheduling. I take my shower at night, so I only need the bathroom sink for about five minutes. Bill takes his in the morning so he gets the longer time in the morning.

We are excited to stay at OKW aug 23-30! With 2 small kids (2 and4) what would you recommend I request as far as room. We are getting a 1bd.
Thanks!
You might want to ask for a ground floor so you don't have to worry about the stairs. As someone else stated you might want quiet pool. Turtle creek is nice because it also has a food station.

You might want to ask for a ground floor so you don't have to worry about the stairs. As someone else stated you might want quiet pool. Turtle creek is nice because it also has a food station.
Just be aware that getting a ground floor unit greatly increases your chance of getting a handicap modified unit. At OKW all handicap units are on the first floor because of the stairs, except for the 3 60s buildings that have elevators.

So I just secured a one bedroom reservation for December. What is the status of the renovations? I'd like to be close to HH (but didn't book that category), but definitely prefer a refurbished room. My MIL will be traveling with us and has mobility issues, so I was planning to request one of the 3 elevator buildings, but not sure what their status will be come December.

We really don't know how fast the renovations will be completed. The 3 elevator building will likely be some of the last ones completed, as they started with Turtle Pond Road. It has gone Turtle Pond to South Point, so I'm guessing 27 to 29 will be next, then the 23 to 26 cluster, then 11 to 14 near HH, then 60s buildings followed by the rest of Miller's Road. At least if they follow the sections around the resort.

Last edited:
Just be aware that getting a ground floor unit greatly increases your chance of getting a handicap modified unit. At OKW all handicap units are on the first floor because of the stairs, except for the 3 60s buildings that have elevators.
We always get a ground floor and have never had a handicapped modified room. Maybe we just got lucky.

Woohoo first timers going to OKW in December

Us too! Finally finished securing our 8 night trip for the 2nd week of December. Wasn't able to get the HH category, but hopefully we can get close. The best part, we are staying one night longer than last year and using 20 less points! SCORE!

We are just back from our 1st stay at OKW and we loved it. We had not even stepped on OKW property prior to this trip. We were in building 26 and loved our location. This was only our second trip ever without a vehicle and we were very happy with the bus service. We had a great time at the pool and enjoyed a nice meal at Olivia's. My son and I also got to play a round of golf at LBV which was a lot of fun.

Hi guys! Have an upcoming cash stay in an OKW 1 bdrm villa - my favorite accommodation on Disney property :-)

Our number one priority is to have the dual bathroom access, so we've requested to be in buildings 62, 63, or 64. I know these are popular locations bc of their proximity to the HH. What other numbered buildings have the dual bathroom access?

Are there are of the dual bathroom access villas that are also in the recently renovated sections? I'd like to make those my second choices after listing 62, 63, and 64. We'll be happy to matter where we are, but I'd at least like to give the room assigner somewhere to start. And if we can't be close to the HH, I'd at least like to try and have a renovated villa.

Thanks!

All building numbered 30 and up. 62, 63 and 64 are the only ones with elevators and are basically limited to those that have a physical or medical need. You could luck out but not very likely.

Have an upcoming trip to OKW. Any updates as to where we are with the room renovations?
Thanks!

Turtle Pond and South Point bldgs near the pool, the buildings on the turn around still need to be redone at last report.

Turtle Pond and South Point bldgs near the pool, the buildings on the turn around still need to be redone at last report.
Do you know if 42 has been done? We had that last time and hoping to get it in August as long as turkey pond finished.
Does anyone have any idea what they’re exactly doing to turtle pond?

Do you know if 42 has been done? We had that last time and hoping to get it in August as long as turkey pond finished.
Does anyone have any idea what they’re exactly doing to turtle pond?

I think the Turtle Pond buildings are done, but the pool area is supposed to be down from rehab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter