One for the "There's something you don't see every day" dept.

Assuming that a changing pad was used, I'm not sure that there wood be any 'poop residue'. I know that when we change our daughter's diapers, we aren't getting poop anywhere, at all.

As others have said, even if a changing pad is used a table in a public eating establishment is nowhere to be changing a diaper. The smell alone is enough to make people sick and lose their appetite! And (also as others have said), germs are microscopic. Just because you don't see anything, doesn't mean they're not there.

I think some people are so used to being around children and all the smells and sounds that go along with it, they sometimes forget that there are other people around who may not appreciate it. There are just certain places that are not appropriate for these sort of things.

This entire thread is of great interest to me as we just returned from the world and witnessed a mother changing her baby on the table at Columbia Harbour House in MK. She didn’t seem to think she was wrong even though she waited to do it after her family had eaten rather than before. A family came up right afterwards to eat at that table and we informed them of what had just happened and they would not sit there until the table was cleaned. I’ve read where others say to expect more of this type of behavior and I tend to agree that the behavior of people in public is getting worse. We are seeing a total lack of civility from people. If people are going to behave irrationally in public then I have no problem confronting them and letting them know. I’m not putting myself up as the morals police by any means but there are certain things that are unconscionable to do in a polite society. Some may say that what others do in public is none of my business but one need remember that your rights end where mine begin.

On my way out of the Epcot parking lot one night I saw a man --- not a child --- peeing by the side of a car (I hope it was HIS car). I stopped my car, rolled down my window and told him they had restrooms at the entrance of the park. Disgusting pig.
NOt that IO disagree, but I find it odd that you would describe this incident at Epcot with this as your signature line:
. . . WHAT HAPPENS AT EPCOT STAYS AT EPCOT . . .

:lmao:

yep seen it .....man peeing on the fence by big tunder railroad....several baby changing in inappropriate places......little girls sticking their heads in a water fountain to cool off.if you go enough you will see it also.the thing is you are not going to change it.disney can politly ask them not to but thats about it.they cant kick them out ,if they kicked out every rude and uncouth person they would be BROKE.we as family just look and laugh, sometimes it makes our day just knowing what some people are will to do.:rotfl2:

DS is 4 and has been known to drop his pants and pee before I can scoop him up. It is less often now but when he was newly potty trained it was more common than I care to admit. GIRLS NEVER DO THIS! ;)

/hillary

When we were staying at WL a few months ago, we were walking in that hallway/walkway from the lobby down to the food court (it's like a ramp), and a little kid was walking up the ramp (opposite direction of us), and the mother was just a short distance behind him, and she was telling him to hurry, and he was holding himself, and I guess he just couldn't hold it back, and he just stopped right there in the middle of the ramp and peed on the floor..he had swimming trunks on. I could tell that the mother was terribly embarrassed, and she had a pool towel (apparently) with her, and started cleaning up the floor when he finished.

The mother was trying to get him to hurry in hopes that he could make it to the bathroom in time, but obviously he didn't.

Courtesy and good manners have nothing to do with how much money you have or how much money you spend - they are both free.

:thumbsup2

I don't believe manners are necessarily all that much worse now than 10 or 20 years ago. We just watched Pinocchio last night and snorted at Jimminy complaining about "manners these days" or something similar... and that was the '30s-'40s!

With all these posts about people changing diapers on restaurant tables, I'm always amazed that these diaper changers never need to wash their hands afterward. I saw a man change his baby's diaper at Tusker house. I was rushing to greet someone I know, but I saw a CM and quickly pointed out the table so she could clean it. At counter service restaurants, I carry with me those packets of vinegar we get from fast food places, and rewash the table with vinegar and napkins. Perhaps the table just had a baby's butt on it, or maybe the table was cleaned with a dirty cloth. I just want to make sure. I never thought of cleaning our table at a full service place. Perhaps I should.;)

yep seen it .....man peeing on the fence by big tunder railroad....several baby changing in inappropriate places......little girls sticking their heads in a water fountain to cool off.if you go enough you will see it also.the thing is you are not going to change it.disney can politly ask them not to but thats about it.they cant kick them out ,if they kicked out every rude and uncouth person they would be BROKE.we as family just look and laugh, sometimes it makes our day just knowing what some people are will to do.:rotfl2:

Actually they can, peeing in public, also in the catagory of displying themselves in public as well...is against the law. My BIL got arrested for peeing in public outside a bar one night.

Yes, even in France men will often go in public. I have seen it in Egypt too. Other countries' customs are not the same as our own.

True, but when Americans go the theirI] country and act, well like Americans, we get called"ugly Americans", "uncultured", what ever other nasty thing you can because we have not adapted and respected their cultural practices. Shouldn't they be expected to adopt our cultural norms in our country? Why is it that we Americans seem to be so willing to say "oh well" when it comes to someone behaving in an appalling fashion here?Do we care so littel about our own culture? Or do we practice a soft bigotry where we don't think they are cabable of "getting" how to behave here?

Courtesy and good manners have nothing to do with how much money you have or how much money you spend - they are both free. It all comes down to how you are raised. If you are raised to be courteous and to have good manners, you are not going to do things like change a diaper on a dining table, or use a bush or sidewalk in a theme park for your restroom. If you are not taught that there are some things that should not be done in public, then you will do them and see nothing wrong with it. When some parents started placing more emphasis on being a friend than a parent, a lot of courtesy and good manners went out the window and were replaced with entitlement and poor decision making skills. We've had a few generations of this now, so I don't see the trend reversing itself any time soon - although there are enough responsible parents here on the DIS that I haven't given up all hope. It's not just happening at Disney - it's happening everywhere. So anyone who thinks they can avoid these people by taking a vacation elsewhere is being very naive.

Good point(s).:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter