One for the "There's something you don't see every day" dept.

With bathrooms easily available, there's no defending this.

While we're on gross and in relation to kaffinito's post, our bartender at the Blue Zoo saw a couple change a baby's diaper on top of one of the lounge tables IN the bar/lounge area....

If a CM witnesses something like this, is there a policy in place to clean or disinfect the area? Personally, I'd like to see a Clean-Up Swat Team swoop in and clean while the offender is still there. A little embarrassment might be what's needed. I really don't want to unknowingly drink or eat at a lounge table that might have baby poop residue. :scared:

I am the mother of a boy too, and I just can't buy this argument. The kid would have to get his pants down first, and that's where I would step in as a mother IMMEDIATELY :eek:, even if I needed to be somewhat forceful, to stop it from progressing. If my child couldn't hold it and ended up with wet pants, so be it. I would not let him drop his pants in public and use a sidewalk as the place to relieve himself.

How old is your boy? Mine's 3 and he's done it quicker than you can turn your head to see it, and I'm not about to pull his pants up while he's in the middle of taking a leak and get it all over me and him both. I just give him a swat on the behind when he's done.

If a CM witnesses something like this, is there a policy in place to clean or disinfect the area? Personally, I'd like to see a Clean-Up Swat Team swoop in and clean while the offender is still there. A little embarrassment might be what's needed. I really don't want to unknowingly drink or eat at a lounge table that might have baby poop residue. :scared:

Then take wipes with you and clean your table. All I can offer. I mean, I'm sure they come by and wipe them off fairly often, but to be safe, clean it yourself :) :thumbsup2

What in the world is wrong with people. Thats the kinda stuff you'f expect at six flags or some other lesser park. I can only hope they were not only thrown out of the park, but out of WDW altogether.

While I know there are rude people around, I really don't believe that parents would instruct or in any way whatsoever encourage a child to go to the bathroom the way OP described.

Personally, I'd rather give the parents the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.

The mother I witnessed in Epcot led her child to a bush, helped him pull his pants down and helped him do his thing into a bush in front of people sitting on benches.
(They were speaking a foreign language. :duck:)

Totally believe it. We were walking by the Brown Derby at HS in November (lots of people all over the place) and I saw a woman with a toddler standing up against the fence. She pulled down his "pull up" type diaper and was encouraging him to pee through the fence into the grass.

I think I shook my head all the way to ToT. :confused3

2319! i love that in Monsters Inc.

Assuming that a changing pad was used, I'm not sure that there wood be any 'poop residue'. I know that when we change our daughter's diapers, we aren't getting poop anywhere, at all.

I believe it, too. We saw a mom pull her 7 or 8 year old son's pants down and let him pee while we were in line for The Festival of the Lion King.

Assuming that a changing pad was used, I'm not sure that there wood be any 'poop residue'. I know that when we change our daughter's diapers, we aren't getting poop anywhere, at all.

Nevertheless, of course we all know using a table where other people will be eating is not the place for a diaper change. Just as nowhere besides a bathroom is it acceptable to pee in the Magic Kingdom!

:scared1:

Please tell me you have not seen this and just made it up

Nope - I wish I made it up! I saw it at POR's food court on our first trip. The "lady" was changing the diaper on the table. She got really mad at me for looking at her while she was changing the diaper and started yelling at me to mind my own business. :confused3

I totally agree, but is a public eating establishment, on a table, a place to be doing that? Nope, I dont think so either. I dont care about the 'residue' more just the whole atmosphere.

I totally agree, but is a public eating establishment, on a table, a place to be doing that? Nope, I dont think so either. I dont care about the 'residue' more just the whole atmosphere.

:thumbsup2

And she wasn't using a changing pad. :sad2:

It's just gross, no matter what, and you would be amazed at the little spec that might fly!

2319! i love that in Monsters Inc.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Exactly what I'm talkin' about!
Contamination Alert!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSAXkp9cqbk

I obviously wasn't there, but I'll play devil's advocate. Sometimes kids do something that is mortifying and you just try to get it over with. I prefer to think that the child unexpectedly pulled down his pants and started peeing (I have three boys and they've all done it at one time or another - and it's been mortifying). It's exceedingly difficult to stop a boy from peeing once he has started, and perhaps the looks on the parents' faces were more from their being mortified about people's seeing what was happening rather than their giving people dirty looks for interrupting their planned bathroom break and location.

I agree that it's possible. Especially the misinterpreted look part. When DH sees a woman nursing her child, he tries to give a kind, supportive look. I've seen that look, and it comes across as creepy. I tell him to just NOT look b/c that's better than the look he gives, LOL.

I have a nephew that when he was like 3 or so and had learned that secret he would go outside and pee off the deck into the back yard, I think, just because he could. The go camping and stuff a lot so he just did it. Well, they did finally get him to understand there are places (like camping) that it was ok to go find a bush and go if he needed, but if he was visiting places that wasnt the right thing to do.

Reason #1 I have never let DS pee in any bushes, even though we were camping quite a bit for awhile. We camp in state parks, there are bathrooms, we use those bathrooms even though I hate them. No bushes!

Unless the kid had developmental problems, 4 or 5 is old enough to know to wait until you get to a restroom. Yeesh.. I'm sorry, it's just gross to me.

You'd think, but there CAN be a perfect storm of events and forgetfulness... DS was out of diapers by 2.5 (he would have preferred it to happen at 2, but I was nervous), but last summer when he was a new 5, he had to "go" during a mom/son trip to DLR. But we were right about to get on a ride, he said he could hold it, we went on the ride and forgot about his need. One thing led to another, and an HOUR later he finally realized that he very very very very much HAD TO go, and there was no waiting. Poor munchkin, he was so embarrassed. As soon as I realized the situation (we were looking at pins in the shop after Buzz) I picked him up and put him on my hip, because I wasn't going to embarrass a 5 year old with wet pants, and sometimes the pressure of my hip can help him stop. But he couldn't stop, and I carried him on my hip, to reduce his embarrassment, from Tomorrowland all the way to our Paradise Pier Hotel room (long way). Changed our clothes, went and had dinner, all was well.

So you can have the expectation that a kid is old enough...but if there's enough "fun" going on, things can get forgotten.

Do I think those things happened in this case? Naw. Do I hope it? Oh yes.

What in the world is wrong with people. Thats the kinda stuff you'f expect at six flags or some other lesser park. I can only hope they were not only thrown out of the park, but out of WDW altogether.

I hope you're not serious...kicking out a family from WDW for a little boy passing urine? Geez...:confused3 I'd hate to see the punishments you inflict on your own children.

How old is your boy? Mine's 3 and he's done it quicker than you can turn your head to see it, and I'm not about to pull his pants up while he's in the middle of taking a leak and get it all over me and him both. I just give him a swat on the behind when he's done.

Mine is now 16, so I have long ago finished parenting a child who would even try something like this. If he pulled his pants down in the MK now, I would have much bigger problems on my hands. :rotfl: But, I lived through those toddler years. I know kids can be quick, and if you let your eyes wander from them for a second they can get in all sorts of mischief. In the case that prompted this post, the parents allowed the incident to happen. I can tell you, even if my kid had gotten his pants down when I turned my head for a second, I would have yanked them up to his throat (okay, I am really NOT that mean, but I would be tempted to yank his pants up that far), if he was in the middle of pee flying or not.

Are there really people on here DEFENDING a boy urinating on a public walkway while the parents stand by and do nothing?!?! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter