One for the "There's something you don't see every day" dept.

I am the mother of a boy too, and I just can't buy this argument. The kid would have to get his pants down first, and that's where I would step in as a mother IMMEDIATELY :eek:, even if I needed to be somewhat forceful, to stop it from progressing. If my child couldn't hold it and ended up with wet pants, so be it. I would not let him drop his pants in public and use a sidewalk as the place to relieve himself.

Well, as a mom to 2 boys, they don't take their pants down - they've been taught proper urinal ediquitte, and only push down the top of their pants. My kids have never done this, but I have caught ds6 peeing in the backyard (and there's a stree there!). :scared1:

What is wrong with you people when you actually SEE this happen and you do NOTHING about it>?>? Go to the nearest CM and use your voice. I
m not encouraging you confront the parent, but COME ON, something needs to be said.

Yeah!! This is great news. I'll no longer have to get the map out to find the nearest bathroom. I'll just go where ever I want.

I don't even know what I'd do in this situation?
Haha, I'm just contemplating if I would say something to the parents, or if I'd just run away, and tell someone else, so we could be amused by the situation.
I'd probably find someone who works there, and get it cleaned up..
That's the last thing I'd want to step in...

my DD about 21 or 22 she was at the time, saw an adult man get completely naked and changed clothes at blizzard beach we screamed OMg and we were in shock. didn't tell any CM as we didn't see any. also at TL water park a woman sat topless at the bar the bartender told her to put her top on
maria

a classic example of continuing evidence that the nature of the guests
at WDW has changed drastically......expect to see more of the same type
of behavior as time goes by...other common examples are t shirt msgs., slutty
clothes, garbage language, entitlement mentality, etc etc etc. I think our
days of returning 4 to 6 times a year are about over:mad:

Assuming that a changing pad was used, I'm not sure that there wood be any 'poop residue'. I know that when we change our daughter's diapers, we aren't getting poop anywhere, at all.

Flame away but the kind of people who are willing to change thier diaper on a table in a bar aren't usually the really prepared kind who bring a changing pad.

I obviously wasn't there, but I'll play devil's advocate. Sometimes kids do something that is mortifying and you just try to get it over with. I prefer to think that the child unexpectedly pulled down his pants and started peeing (I have three boys and they've all done it at one time or another - and it's been mortifying)
Personally, I'd rather give the parents the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.
After posting this sight, I too started thinking about possible scenarios. I thought maybe the kid just had a sudden "attack" and it was either "go" or wet his pants... and I'd probably go with option A too. But we just got back from Epcot, and on the way out my older son was recounting the event and I stopped him when he said "kids". I replied "You mean it wasn't just one kid?" and he said "Yes, it was two boys." There goes my theory.

On my way out of the Epcot parking lot one night I saw a man --- not a child --- peeing by the side of a car (I hope it was HIS car). I stopped my car, rolled down my window and told him they had restrooms at the entrance of the park. Disgusting pig.

a classic example of continuing evidence that the nature of the guests
at WDW has changed drastically......expect to see more of the same type
of behavior as time goes by...other common examples are t shirt msgs., slutty
clothes, garbage language, entitlement mentality, etc etc etc. I think our
days of returning 4 to 6 times a year are about over:mad:

Is it a coincidence that discount stuff (free dining plan, low resort rates, etc.) has been on the rise the last several years?!:confused:

Darn it, now that I know we can pee anywhere we like at Disney, I almost wish I had DS instead of a DD so we could just skip the bother of bathroom breaks :lmao:

Is it a coincidence that discount stuff (free dining plan, low resort rates, etc.) has been on the rise the last several years?!:confused:

Courtesy and good manners have nothing to do with how much money you have or how much money you spend - they are both free. It all comes down to how you are raised. If you are raised to be courteous and to have good manners, you are not going to do things like change a diaper on a dining table, or use a bush or sidewalk in a theme park for your restroom. If you are not taught that there are some things that should not be done in public, then you will do them and see nothing wrong with it. When some parents started placing more emphasis on being a friend than a parent, a lot of courtesy and good manners went out the window and were replaced with entitlement and poor decision making skills. We've had a few generations of this now, so I don't see the trend reversing itself any time soon - although there are enough responsible parents here on the DIS that I haven't given up all hope. It's not just happening at Disney - it's happening everywhere. So anyone who thinks they can avoid these people by taking a vacation elsewhere is being very naive.

I obviously wasn't there, but I'll play devil's advocate. Sometimes kids do something that is mortifying and you just try to get it over with. I prefer to think that the child unexpectedly pulled down his pants and started peeing (I have three boys and they've all done it at one time or another - and it's been mortifying). It's exceedingly difficult to stop a boy from peeing once he has started, and perhaps the looks on the parents' faces were more from their being mortified about people's seeing what was happening rather than their giving people dirty looks for interrupting their planned bathroom break and location.

While I know there are rude people around, I really don't believe that parents would instruct or in any way whatsoever encourage a child to go to the bathroom the way OP described.

Personally, I'd rather give the parents the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.

As the grandmother of a three-year-old boy (who thankfully has never done this but OMG the potential!!!) I have to applaud your open mind and willingness to look at the "other side" of the situation!

As the grandmother of a three-year-old boy (who thankfully has never done this but OMG the potential!!!) I have to applaud your open mind and willingness to look at the "other side" of the situation!

There are a lot of things that I can have an open mind about, but two boys urinating on a sidewalk while the parents stand by and watch is NOT one of them. You grab them up and run to the restroom with them, you threaten them so they never even think of doing it again. You don't stand there and glare at others who are having to walk around the puddle of urine!!!

Courtesy and good manners have nothing to do with how much money you have or how much money you spend - they are both free. It all comes down to how you are raised. If you are raised to be courteous and to have good manners, you are not going to do things like change a diaper on a dining table, or use a bush or sidewalk in a theme park for your restroom. If you are not taught that there are some things that should not be done in public, then you will do them and see nothing wrong with it. When some parents started placing more emphasis on being a friend than a parent, a lot of courtesy and good manners went out the window and were replaced with entitlement and poor decision making skills. We've had a few generations of this now, so I don't see the trend reversing itself any time soon - although there are enough responsible parents here on the DIS that I haven't given up all hope. It's not just happening at Disney - it's happening everywhere. So anyone who thinks they can avoid these people by taking a vacation elsewhere is being very naive.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter