One for the "There's something you don't see every day" dept.

Geoff_M

DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Yesterday, we let our two sons venture by themselves to MK in the afternoon while the rest of us had some "down time" at the resort. When they returned, my son said "I saw the most bizarre thing in MK today. We were walking across the bridge into Tomorrowland and I looked over and this kid (sounded about 4 or 5 years old from my followup questions to him) has his pants down and is 'going' against the wall of the bridge! His parents were standing there and giving dirty looks to anyone passing that made eye contact with them in a 'Don't you dare look at my son!' manner." I asked if the kid was going through a gap into the water below and he said "No, he was just making a big puddle!"

Oh my! That would have bothered me. Even in an extreme emergency, something better could have been done!

Oh, gross! There are bathrooms everywhere and they are pretty clean. What is wrong with people?

I believe it.

Some people have no respect for anything.

The sad thing is there's a bathroom at the back of Cosmic Rays, right there. A 4-5 year old could have made that easy.

Yuck. That's almost as bad as the people who change diapers on the food court tables. :sick:

I believe it.

Some people have no respect for anything.

The sad thing is there's a bathroom at the back of Cosmic Rays, right there. A 4-5 year old could have made that easy.

There's also one in the Tomorrowland Noodle Station...which is even closer. :sad2:

How disgusting.

I obviously wasn't there, but I'll play devil's advocate. Sometimes kids do something that is mortifying and you just try to get it over with. I prefer to think that the child unexpectedly pulled down his pants and started peeing (I have three boys and they've all done it at one time or another - and it's been mortifying). It's exceedingly difficult to stop a boy from peeing once he has started, and perhaps the looks on the parents' faces were more from their being mortified about people's seeing what was happening rather than their giving people dirty looks for interrupting their planned bathroom break and location.

While I know there are rude people around, I really don't believe that parents would instruct or in any way whatsoever encourage a child to go to the bathroom the way OP described.

Personally, I'd rather give the parents the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.

Were they foreign? I know some country's use the outside as a bathroom, so maybe they didn't think they were doing anything wrong?
My Aunt has traveled to several different countries and she told me the "hooro" stories of bathrooms in some countries, basically they they have no public bathroom and you just squat and go...anywhere!:scared1:

At Epcot, I saw a mom take a little boy over to pee in some bushes.
This happened in full view of bystanders. :rolleyes:

Were they foreign? I know some country's use the outside as a bathroom, so maybe they didn't think they were doing anything wrong?
My Aunt has traveled to several different countries and she told me the "hooro" stories of bathrooms in some countries, basically they they have no public bathroom and you just squat and go...anywhere!:scared1:

Yes, even in France men will often go in public. I have seen it in Egypt too. Other countries' customs are not the same as our own.

While it wasnt something that should happen, I agree with one of the PP's (hehe, that's kind of funny in this thread ;)) that said the boy may have just, ahem, taken the situation into his own hands and just started going. I have a nephew that when he was like 3 or so and had learned that secret he would go outside and pee off the deck into the back yard, I think, just because he could. The go camping and stuff a lot so he just did it. Well, they did finally get him to understand there are places (like camping) that it was ok to go find a bush and go if he needed, but if he was visiting places that wasnt the right thing to do. So, it could have been that, and if that's the case, as they said, the parents could have just been like "please let him finish so we can move on". If not, then yes, it goes right up with the "you never know what people will do" column :). We'll never know for sure though.

While in the shower at the Contemporary pool bathrooms I heard a mans voice. Sure enough there was a man in the ladies room using the bathroom talking on a cell. Took my daughter and got out of there fast. Told the nearest CM and she looked in and sure enough came out saying"There is a man in the ladies room." By the time she got a second CM to confront him , the man had left.

I don't know what you're all freaking out about.

Taking a pee over looking the castle. I can't think of a more magical place to pee. :)

Unless the kid had developmental problems, 4 or 5 is old enough to know to wait until you get to a restroom. Yeesh.. I'm sorry, it's just gross to me.

With bathrooms easily available, there's no defending this.

While we're on gross and in relation to kaffinito's post, our bartender at the Blue Zoo saw a couple change a baby's diaper on top of one of the lounge tables IN the bar/lounge area....

I obviously wasn't there, but I'll play devil's advocate. Sometimes kids do something that is mortifying and you just try to get it over with. I prefer to think that the child unexpectedly pulled down his pants and started peeing (I have three boys and they've all done it at one time or another - and it's been mortifying). It's exceedingly difficult to stop a boy from peeing once he has started, and perhaps the looks on the parents' faces were more from their being mortified about people's seeing what was happening rather than their giving people dirty looks for interrupting their planned bathroom break and location.

While I know there are rude people around, I really don't believe that parents would instruct or in any way whatsoever encourage a child to go to the bathroom the way OP described.

Personally, I'd rather give the parents the benefit of the doubt than assume the worst about them.

I am the mother of a boy too, and I just can't buy this argument. The kid would have to get his pants down first, and that's where I would step in as a mother IMMEDIATELY :eek:, even if I needed to be somewhat forceful, to stop it from progressing. If my child couldn't hold it and ended up with wet pants, so be it. I would not let him drop his pants in public and use a sidewalk as the place to relieve himself.

I don't know what you're all freaking out about.

Taking a pee over looking the castle. I can't think of a more magical place to pee. :)

Yes, perhaps magical for the pee-er, but not so magical for those who will forever associate the castle with pee from that point on. :scared1: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter